Author Topic: Post up funny misconceptions you used to have about rappers when u were a kid  (Read 3046 times)

Invincible

It's funny because Brian still has all these childish misconceptions and he's supposed to be an adult

I found Brian funny because of that too, but more importantly, the man cannot physically make a thread that deals with material post-8 Mile. I swear, it's like the day after the 8 Mile Soundtrack came out until now just never happened.

No, actually the cut off date is when Nas made it official with his - Hip-Hop Is Dead - album in late 06'.

So as Nas said Hip Hop is dead, you believed him?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
It's funny because Brian still has all these childish misconceptions and he's supposed to be an adult

I found Brian funny because of that too, but more importantly, the man cannot physically make a thread that deals with material post-8 Mile. I swear, it's like the day after the 8 Mile Soundtrack came out until now just never happened.

No, actually the cut off date is when Nas made it official with his - Hip-Hop Is Dead - album in late 06'.

Yes.   I believed him because it was true, and Nas is the hip-hop prophet/ambassador so he can make that statement.   

So as Nas said Hip Hop is dead, you believed him?
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Triple OG Rapsodie

But then a year later KRS-One made an album called Hip Hop Lives. Did your brain explode trying to understand the contradiction?

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
believed g-unit was a real gang

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
i used to think only real niggas listened to gangsta shit then i found this forum.

doggfather

i used to think only real niggas listened to gangsta shit then i found this forum.

;D ;D
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Eddz

I thought Snoop was from New York or the East at least cause he always shouted EASTSIIIIDE..

And I just didnt get why  ;D

I used to think the same thing & couldn't work out why in 2 Of Americas Most Wanted 2Pac said "2 of the best from the westside" lol.

I Wondered how the fucc could 2 groups from different coast, just happened to be comprised of members named "havoc and prodigy" 

I still find this bizarre lol

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

I Wondered how the fucc could 2 groups from different coast, just happened to be comprised of members named "havoc and prodigy" 

Yell

yea, its hilarious.

this is the story (accordin to Prodigy)
Havikk n Proedejee jacked the Quensbidge monikers for themselves, when they saw Mobb Deep in the Unsigned Hype-section of The Source.
P confronted Havikk (of SCC) when he was in South Central, but he backed down. they gave them a pass later on, cuz both South Central Cartel and Mobb Deep have ties wit a rapper named 40 Glocc

rayallen0

did this dude seriously say hip hop died when Nas said so?

So Kendrick Lamar, Action Bronson, Elzhi & ASAP Rocky are part of a dead genre? I'm sorry that kind of talent doesn't spit in a dead genre

Eddz

Yell

yea, its hilarious.

this is the story (accordin to Prodigy)
Havikk n Proedejee jacked the Quensbidge monikers for themselves, when they saw Mobb Deep in the Unsigned Hype-section of The Source.
P confronted Havikk (of SCC) when he was in South Central, but he backed down. they gave them a pass later on, cuz both South Central Cartel and Mobb Deep have ties wit a rapper named 40 Glocc

Cool, never heard this story before. Kind of lame for SCC to steal their names and even more lame to back down to Prodigy   ;D

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!

lmao ;D

kemizt

2euce 7even

I used to think Dr Dre made the beat to "Nothin But Love" by 2pac on the "R U Still Down (Remember Me)" album until I read the credits.  I used to play that song in tha car and be like "Dad u hear Dre on them keys?" and then I'd pretend to play the notes.  To this day i still think he's talking about Dre and Snoop on the song.

Actually I thought the Death Row in-house producers (and Shock G) produced that whole album lol.  Ever since then I've been reading album credits.  

LMAO!! :D

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
i used to think that puffy was the dark skinded dude from ill al skratch

TheRemedy360Ressurection

I used to think "fake" rappers were the minority.

midwestryder

none of the above . i was not stupid .i was from real hood unlike most of you

That's just blind ignorance. As a child you cannot physically understand things before explained to you. Meaning prior to learning you attempt to think for yourself & are 9/10 wrong.
nope it is not just blind ignorance. As a child i was smarter then every child around me . i was leap before anybody in my class. i was raised by street hustlers,gang bangers,& old men of the block . they taught me about hip hop & alway were real about it. see you did not have people teching you the truth at very early age like me .i have been living & listening to hip hop since 1982. i was more advance then anybody my age . sorry if i was smarter then you & your generation . i was thinking for myself by age of 4 unlike you. so it is you who is the one with blind ignorance not me .
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:25:45 PM by midwestryder »