Author Topic: Post up funny misconceptions you used to have about rappers when u were a kid  (Read 3023 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
nelly sucks

midwestryder

nelly sucks
no he does not . PETEY you are not GREAT at all & you are the one who sucks . you are just mad because you can't handle the truth . everything i said was fact . everything was ignorant closeminded talking out your ass opinion .have the facts before you open your mouth,fool.

Okka

none of the above . i was not stupid .i was from real hood unlike most of you

That's just blind ignorance. As a child you cannot physically understand things before explained to you. Meaning prior to learning you attempt to think for yourself & are 9/10 wrong.
nope it is not just blind ignorance. As a child i was smarter then every child around me . i was leap before anybody in my class. i was raised by street hustlers,gang bangers,& old men of the block . they taught me about hip hop & alway were real about it. see you did not have people teching you the truth at very early age like me .i have been living & listening to hip hop since 1982. i was more advance then anybody my age . sorry if i was smarter then you & your generation . i was thinking for myself by age of 4 unlike you. so it is you who is the one with blind ignorance not me .

How come you can't write properly though?

rayallen0

none of the above . i was not stupid .i was from real hood unlike most of you

That's just blind ignorance. As a child you cannot physically understand things before explained to you. Meaning prior to learning you attempt to think for yourself & are 9/10 wrong.
nope it is not just blind ignorance. As a child i was smarter then every child around me . i was leap before anybody in my class. i was raised by street hustlers,gang bangers,& old men of the block . they taught me about hip hop & alway were real about it. see you did not have people teching you the truth at very early age like me .i have been living & listening to hip hop since 1982. i was more advance then anybody my age . sorry if i was smarter then you & your generation . i was thinking for myself by age of 4 unlike you. so it is you who is the one with blind ignorance not me .

How come you can't write properly though?

Triple OG Rapsodie

did this dude seriously say hip hop died when Nas said so?

So Kendrick Lamar, Action Bronson, Elzhi & ASAP Rocky are part of a dead genre? I'm sorry that kind of talent doesn't spit in a dead genre

Nas is also part of a dead genre since he keeps putting music out

rayallen0

did this dude seriously say hip hop died when Nas said so?

So Kendrick Lamar, Action Bronson, Elzhi & ASAP Rocky are part of a dead genre? I'm sorry that kind of talent doesn't spit in a dead genre

Nas is also part of a dead genre since he keeps putting music out
woah that kind of though process could blow up infinites head. go easy with it.

V2DHeart

I thought.......

Puff Daddy would sign with Death Row Records.... lol

You gotta understand from the UK, we never really got a lot from the US besides MTV.... That was it... Hip Hop magazines were invisible here.. You could only get them in big main city music shops only, IF you were lucky to get the 3 or 4 copies they imported in lol... There was no internet either, so the only way we could actually hear of any updates was from MTV news, or interviews they done, or from radio hosts, so that was only for mainstream acts, but because Dre was huge on NWA, and Snoop became apart of "Dre's" label.. (It was always put on the media as Dre's label) Then they had Nate Dogg, and Dogg Pound spring up on the radio, and it was all coming from the one label....

The only competition I remember here in the UK was Will Smith, and R&B groups.... For some reason though Puff Daddys name was known via MTV, and in here in the UK, and after 2Pac was apart of Death Row, I thought damn, this Death Row seems to be some black super power, and really did think that eventually people like Puff Daddy (even Will Smith) would be on Death Row. It was swallowing up all talent... We never really heard much about the East V West here
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Again, too many people at the forum are illiterate.  How can you guys listen to rap and not understand symbolism?

When Nas' album Hip-Hop Is Dead came out that was symbolism.  The symbolic death of hip-hop.  Don't take that shit too literal and be stupid about it and think that I am saying there hasn't been any good songs since then or talented rappers since then.  Because there has.  The Distant Relatives album was dope, and Sticman's The Workout album was dope.  The Bad Meetz Evil EP had about 3-4 bangers on it.  So there has been some dope ass shit, but the cultural overall died; symbolically.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

jeromechickenbone

But then a year later KRS-One made an album called Hip Hop Lives. Did your brain explode trying to understand the contradiction?

Lmao

Triple OG Rapsodie

Again, too many people at the forum are illiterate.  How can you guys listen to rap and not understand symbolism?

When Nas' album Hip-Hop Is Dead came out that was symbolism.  The symbolic death of hip-hop.  Don't take that shit too literal and be stupid about it and think that I am saying there hasn't been any good songs since then or talented rappers since then.  Because there has.  The Distant Relatives album was dope, and Sticman's The Workout album was dope.  The Bad Meetz Evil EP had about 3-4 bangers on it.  So there has been some dope ass shit, but the cultural overall died; symbolically.

So what did it symbolize the following year when KRS-One and Marley Marl dropped an album called Hip Hop Lives? It came back to life?

rayallen0

Well it is good that we are fans of such a weak ass genre that 1 artist says it is dead and it falls apart.

so how many times has this genre died?

in 86
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/C99iG4HoO1c" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/C99iG4HoO1c</a>
in 94

in 06

im sure in 2018 another song/album will come out telling us how hip hop was in its prime now and is now dead.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.

So what did it symbolize the following year when KRS-One and Marley Marl dropped an album called Hip Hop Lives? It came back to life?

True. Brian, you said yourself KRS-One is a highly incredible valid source.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
dog, there are 19-20 something year olds running around that swear dipset and GRODT was the golden age of hip hop....shit moves in cycles.

Sleazy

I was convinved Snoop was brought up in a brothel. Mainly because of all the pimp stuff and also because he seemed to have so many relatives (nephews and cousins especially).