Author Topic: Things you don't like about hip hop  (Read 2798 times)

KURUPTION-81

Things you don't like about hip hop
« on: November 29, 2011, 11:19:49 AM »
Quality control or lack of it.

Whether its artists throwing in a quick verse on a track with no thought or time taken. To albums that are filled with filler tracks, why does there need to be 20 plus tracks rather than the best 12. Then you have artists releasing mixtapes all the time and over exposing themselves so eventually no one cares about what they release .

Mixing and mastering

why release something if it isn't mixed or mastered correctly, i kinda expect the sound quality on a mixtape to be inferior to a released album as we r getting it for free. I expect an album im paying money for to be mixed and mastered correctly, no other genre of music seems to have this problem.

Mixtape DJ'S

seriously why do artists need then, there not actually mixing the tracks into each other . All they seem to do is shout over and ruin them.

Skits

Nine times out of ten all they do is disjoint the album, who has ever bought an album for a hot skit no one ! The worst are sex Skits, i doubt anyone wants to hear a rapper getting it on. I also doubt anyone is impressed your a rapper i expect you to be getting it, you don't need to prove it.

Any more ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Will_B

Re: Things you don't like about hip hop
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 11:49:05 AM »
Nah skits can be mad funny or cool. De La Soul & The Fugees did classic skits, not to forget classic Death Row shit like Doggystyle + The Chronic.

What sound shit is 'forced' comedy on lame skits...producers trying to do skits just because.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 01:04:35 PM »
Mixing and mastering
no other genre of music seems to have this problem.
listen to Metallica's Death Magnetic or Stadium Arcadium by Red Hot Chili Peppers, but you are right, hip-hop CD's often sound wack

I don't like people complaining about how hip-hop was better in the 80's and 90's. There is more shit, but more good music on the other side as well.

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Will_B

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 01:21:47 PM »
[I don't like people complaining about how hip-hop was better in the 80's and 90's. There is more shit, but more good music on the other side as well.

You'll never hear that analogue sound again, unless studios go back to using old equipment.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 01:53:17 PM »
word @ skits/interludes/intros/outros being one of the worst things in hip-hop..

I always delete them and when I play cds I skip them..

WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY DOIN THOSE USELESS SKITS n shit?

Raphael

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 02:53:10 PM »
I cringe everytime i hear the skits on enter the wu-tang or the infamous. I refuse to believe that they actually talk like that.

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 03:19:12 PM »
rappers rushing to put shit out or rappers buying wack ass beats.

don't these people have ears?

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 03:50:17 PM »
[I don't like people complaining about how hip-hop was better in the 80's and 90's. There is more shit, but more good music on the other side as well.

You'll never hear that analogue sound again, unless studios go back to using old equipment.

i love it when euros add the extra vowel into words like

analogue , colour, neighbourhood

whats the science behind it? oh yall fancy huh?

Funkstradamus

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 05:01:34 PM »
i hate when artists try to make whats hot when its not their style...ex. West Coast artists making crunk music...

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 05:11:55 PM »
MC Ren couldve made a semi comeback when Lil Jon came out with Bia Bia.  Some of Jon's beats had Ren written all over it at tha time.  

Any region will follow the wrong trend at one point or another tho.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 10:57:22 PM »
If a skit has a point, like telling a story or introducing a track, then its fine. But there's way too many skits that add nothing to the album.

I don't like how mainstream rap tends to follow a formula moreso than any other music genre. Alex da Kid produces a hit song and all of a sudden everyone else wants a song that sounds exactly like it. I don't listen to too many other genres but rap has to be the most watered down by far. A lot of these rappers rap to be famous and sell records, while I feel other artists are more likely to put out albums for the sake of making music. Lady Gaga (while I think she sucks) is putting out all kinds of weird music. Just because she can. The biggest rappers are too busy copying each other to do something interesting (with the exception of Watch the Throne).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:03:46 PM by Spice 2 sees the bitch in you »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 11:36:22 PM »

i love it when euros add the extra vowel into words like

analogue , colour, neighbourhood

whats the science behind it? oh yall fancy huh?

It's the English most of us from Europe learn at school. It's called something fancy like British English.

kemizt

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 11:40:23 PM »
I agree about the skits, most of them are reduntant. The worst skits/interludes or whatever are those who are attached to the song, just at the end, so you can't delete it when you got the mp3.
I also agree about th e 18+ deep albums. Stick to your 12-13 best tracks.

kemizt

doggfather

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 12:14:22 AM »
Quality control or lack of it.

Whether its artists throwing in a quick verse on a track with no thought or time taken. To albums that are filled with filler tracks, why does there need to be 20 plus tracks rather than the best 12. Then you have artists releasing mixtapes all the time and over exposing themselves so eventually no one cares about what they release .

this is my problem too.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 12:59:12 AM »
I hate fans who never lived none of this shit but swear they know who's networth or not.

Fans who swear they are engineers, acting like they can't tell what's dope or not by sound quality,yet they started listening to music in the 90's which was the era of bootleg tapes.

Can't stand fans who act like they can't listen to anything new,and the saying "who is he/she"? Get to know them dumb ass or shut the fucc up. You think you just automatically liked your favorite artist out the blue? Smh

Can't stand artist,labels, and fans who just follow or copy shit just because it happens to be in and popular.  If you truly braille it fine,just don't do it to try to fit in and get some attention.

And the one that baffles me which is sorta similar to the last complaint, is people confusing they have swag when all they do is dung beetle the next muthafucca's style. If you dress just like yo favorite rapper or rap like the in thing, bitch that ain't swag, you just a bill Walton cunt. Lil b got swag alot of others just say the word to try to make em look cool. Fact yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp