Author Topic: Things you don't like about hip hop  (Read 2793 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Things you don't like about hip hop
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2011, 02:58:22 PM »

And whats with ragging on long albums? I dont like filler either but the answer aint to cut songs off. The answer is to just put 18+ hot songs on an album. You guys had me thinking bout some classics like either one of Redmans first three albums, OB4CL, Warriorz, shit Doggystyle was 19 tracks. Niggas dont need to make less songs they just need more good ones.

Yes, but an album with 17-19 pure DOPE tracks is so very rare, at least these days.

kemizt

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2011, 03:05:42 PM »
Lack of 'concept' tracks.

Lack of decent beats for good rappers to step to.

Lack of song structure, and ideas...too many linear beats that can never be elevated into a solid track even by the best lyricists, or hooks. (the art of producing a 'complete' track seems to have died in the main)

Lack of real samples being used (selection and application of that art seems dead too. GTFO with any comments bout 'Otis')

Lack of real DJ's choppin shit up. Whats doper that a decent MC spittin over a live DJ (and no ones using scratches any more, the DJ is a part of hip-hop culture that is dying out)

Lack of diversity of production & MC's styles (individuality in artists)

Lack of musicality in production (clinical shit, whats missing I'll call musical resonance in the sounds)

Lack of real artistic collaborations in rappers (critiquing each others shit, not just scribbling 1st draft bars and stepping to the booth)

Lack of real artistic collaborations in musicians and producers (too many producing alone, on the couch)

Lack of producers PRODUCING an artists lyrics too. Is everyone just a beatmaker now? (get your artists putting emphasis on certain words, punctuate, speed up, switch flows..if they aint doing it themselves. And do a second take if they sound rough)

Lack of music that moves you in its sound or content (feel something, nod head, move dance whatever)

Lack of charisma in artists (copycat or fake accent rappers = bullshit)

Okka

« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2011, 03:11:22 PM »
And whats with ragging on long albums? I dont like filler either but the answer aint to cut songs off. The answer is to just put 18+ hot songs on an album. You guys had me thinking bout some classics like either one of Redmans first three albums, OB4CL, Warriorz, shit Doggystyle was 19 tracks. Niggas dont need to make less songs they just need more good ones.

Well, 6 of them were skits. I own a version that's only 13 songs.

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2011, 04:14:57 PM »
I hate the fact that rap albums with the exception of a very few have to have 10 million producers on a album which leave them sounding non cohesive and more like a compilation. Also the fact that every song now has to have that r&b flavor on the hook. Whatever happened to rappers rapping their own hooks?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2011, 05:15:15 PM »
1. Mainstream rappers with garbage content n lyrics that blow up because the mass of hip hop fans follow whatever everybody else likes.

Good music is good music.  Don't get mad becuz Sadat X didn't blow.  

And "Doggystyle" wasn't hardly 19 tracks.  Can y'all even add smh

Bathtub
G Funk Intro - the lady of rage
Wballz
Dominos
For All My Niggaz N Bitchez - tha dogg pound
Lil bow wow and Mr ButtWork
Tha Next Episode - dr dre

Gin n juice
Tha Shiznit
Lodi dodi - remake
Murder was tha case
Serial killer
What's my name
Ain't no fun
Chronic break - skit
Doggy Dogg world
Gz n hustlaz
Sam sneed - skit
Pump pump
*gz up hoes down* - rare print, extremely limited edition.  Doesn't even really count.  Gem tho
*doggystyle* - not even available

U still mad at Gucci Mane

So in other words I agree.  Keep ur BEST shit on the album and put tha other shit elsewhere
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 05:17:28 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2011, 05:27:01 PM »
What about a cohesive 18 track album tho Jay? Look at Doggystyle aint no bad song on it so how is gettin less hot shit better than more?

Doggystyle has 12 songs on it.

Okka

« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2011, 05:37:33 PM »
What about a cohesive 18 track album tho Jay? Look at Doggystyle aint no bad song on it so how is gettin less hot shit better than more?

Doggystyle has 12 songs on it.

Yeah, if you don't count "Bathtub".

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 05:43:23 PM »
[I don't like people complaining about how hip-hop was better in the 80's and 90's. There is more shit, but more good music on the other side as well.

You'll never hear that analogue sound again, unless studios go back to using old equipment.

i love it when euros add the extra vowel into words like

analogue , colour, neighbourhood

whats the science behind it? oh yall fancy huh?

It's the English most of us from Europe learn at school. It's called something fancy like British English.

I hope you weren't serious with that comment K-Dub. If you were:

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2011, 06:27:49 PM »
*People listening to hip hop taking it too far and making it some sort of culture

lmao

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »
1. Mainstream rappers with garbage content n lyrics that blow up because the mass of hip hop fans follow whatever everybody else likes.

Good music is good music.  Don't get mad becuz Sadat X didn't blow.  

And "Doggystyle" wasn't hardly 19 tracks.  Can y'all even add smh

Bathtub
G Funk Intro - the lady of rage
Wballz
Dominos
For All My Niggaz N Bitchez - tha dogg pound
Lil bow wow and Mr ButtWork
Tha Next Episode - dr dre

Gin n juice
Tha Shiznit
Lodi dodi - remake
Murder was tha case
Serial killer
What's my name
Ain't no fun
Chronic break - skit
Doggy Dogg world
Gz n hustlaz
Sam sneed - skit
Pump pump
*gz up hoes down* - rare print, extremely limited edition.  Doesn't even really count.  Gem tho
*doggystyle* - not even available

U still mad at Gucci Mane

So in other words I agree.  Keep ur BEST shit on the album and put tha other shit elsewhere

No need to catch feelings lil nigga. And I aint mad at Gucci.  Dudes a fly by nite crackhead failure. His buzz dead. You the only nigga I know who even talk bout him anymore.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 07:08:37 PM »
 Nigga mad as chit he ain't get his GED.  
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:11:24 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2011, 08:03:57 PM »

2. Old rappers that try to change their styles to fit in with new cats because they realize the mass of hip hop fans follow whatever everybody else likes which eventually alienates their original true fanbase.

3. Fake gang rappers that promote gangbangin but dont say shit bout all the bad shit that comes from it like us basically committing genocide against each other over colors we didnt create or streets and neighborhoods we didnt build nor do we own.

4. Subpar rappers that blow up for the simple fact that theyre down with popular mainstream rappers with cultlike fans that love everything said rapper promotes.

5. Young fans that denounce rappers for being old even tho they can still rap and put out quality shit.  

Hey stop hurting people's feelings please
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2011, 08:06:11 PM »
lmao at hip hop algebra

doggfather

« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2011, 12:16:27 AM »
I hate the fact that rap albums with the exception of a very few have to have 10 million producers on a album which leave them sounding non cohesive and more like a compilation. Also the fact that every song now has to have that r&b flavor on the hook. Whatever happened to rappers rapping their own hooks?

+1

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2011, 12:25:24 AM »
[I don't like people complaining about how hip-hop was better in the 80's and 90's. There is more shit, but more good music on the other side as well.

You'll never hear that analogue sound again, unless studios go back to using old equipment.

i love it when euros add the extra vowel into words like

analogue , colour, neighbourhood

whats the science behind it? oh yall fancy huh?

It's the English most of us from Europe learn at school. It's called something fancy like British English.

I hope you weren't serious with that comment K-Dub. If you were:

Why? With the exeption of the word "fancy", I was dead serious.

kemizt