Author Topic: Things you don't like about hip hop  (Read 2761 times)

doggfather

Re: Things you don't like about hip hop
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2011, 12:52:04 AM »
"solo" albums with 70-80% featured tracks.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2011, 02:02:25 AM »
That artists are scared too be different,

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2011, 05:06:08 AM »
[I don't like people complaining about how hip-hop was better in the 80's and 90's. There is more shit, but more good music on the other side as well.

You'll never hear that analogue sound again, unless studios go back to using old equipment.

i love it when euros add the extra vowel into words like

analogue , colour, neighbourhood

whats the science behind it? oh yall fancy huh?

It's the English most of us from Europe learn at school. It's called something fancy like British English.

I hope you weren't serious with that comment K-Dub. If you were:

Why? With the exeption of the word "fancy", I was dead serious.

I was referring to "British English"

You were taught English.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2011, 07:10:29 AM »
[I don't like people complaining about how hip-hop was better in the 80's and 90's. There is more shit, but more good music on the other side as well.

You'll never hear that analogue sound again, unless studios go back to using old equipment.

It's the English most of us from Europe learn at school. It's called something fancy like British English.

You were taught English.

Yes, but the major spelling and pronounciation was of course British with the u's, "gray" and such.

kemizt

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2011, 08:49:02 AM »

You were taught English.

Yes, but the major spelling and pronounciation was of course British with the u's, "gray" and such.

K.Dub is right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_differences

what is more in some schools you can choose between american and british english

end of story. please stop being ignorant...

Portugoal

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2011, 08:56:02 AM »
who cares if it's color or colour, soccer or football... everybody understands what you try to say.

Portugoal

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2011, 08:58:43 AM »
ontopic:
1. A lot of artists put out too much music. It's quantity over quality and often that's a bad thing;
2. Attention whoring mixtape DJ's. Matter of fact: even if there's no pointless shouting, I'd still rather hear a mixtape with seperate songs instead of the songs being mixed together.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2011, 09:55:49 AM »
People who think there's a difference between rap and hip hop.

People who complain about rappers dissing other rappers saying they're doing it for attention. Like every diss record in the history of rap hasn't been made for attention.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2011, 04:17:28 PM »

rap is stuff i hate, hip hop is stuff i like - classic backpacker mind

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2011, 09:02:51 PM »
There's too many children on hip hop sites.  They all start out hating on what's popular (ironically) just to try to separate theirselves from their peers and make theirselves seems knowledgable but in reality they're just sheep and 90% of the time they don't have a clue what they're talking about in the first place.  

Not that I'm really out there checkin like that but other genres aren't bombarded with this bullshit.  On tha contrary u gotta love the enthusiasm. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:04:48 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2011, 10:38:12 PM »

You were taught English.

K.Dub is right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_differences

what is more in some schools you can choose between american and british english

end of story. please stop being ignorant...
Dude is English, so I think he knows the differences, hehe.

kemizt

Portugoal

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »

^Real hip hop 8)

V2DHeart

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2011, 11:30:10 AM »
Things I hate about Hip Hop,,, if you've got a spare 2 hours, let's go:

1) All the rappers who are in movies because their rappers. Hip Hop should be exclusive a lot more than what it is, because we end up with shytty actors, and teenys, being singers and rappers, and being classed as Hip Hop (See Drake and Justin Timberlake)

2) This standardised Hip Hop sound that sounds like cheapy 2nd grade horse shit... Think of Fruityloops, but a demo version.... Now think of a cheap imitation of that. That doesn't even go far enough in describing how shyt most of these beats are.

3) No charisma anymore, and certainly no personalitys.... People bang on the 90's, but at least there was variety. Rappers who looked different, sounded differet, flowed different, and even acted different... Too many in the market to choose from, but the problem is, they all sound alike...

4) Every mainstream song seems to sound the same, some Wack slowed down baby rhyming verse, with a dash of auto-tune, and a splash of R&B singer somewhere, with some moron in the backround yelling a pointless "yay........ yay" or a "hay ......... hay" after every line... STFU

5) I don't like the culture of it being driven away and returned with fashion..... It's like it's been kidnapped in the boot of a rusty old 4x4 with an unshaven driver smoking a cigerette, and returned being driven in a pink fluffy seated car, and springing out of the boot like a John Cena, or Cryme Tyme from WWE
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2011, 12:09:37 PM »
Son who are u listening to, Young Money?  I have no clue what you're talking about.  First u said Drake and Justin Timberlake shouldn't be labeled under HipHop (tho I've never heard Timberlake labeled as that) and then u turn around and say there's no diversity.  I don't get it, it sounds like abuncha rambling about Young Money and Nicki Minaj. 

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2011, 08:27:31 AM »
3) No charisma anymore, and certainly no personalitys.... People bang on the 90's, but at least there was variety. Rappers who looked different, sounded differet, flowed different, and even acted different... Too many in the market to choose from, but the problem is, they all sound alike...

What do you mean variety? Damn near every rapper that got attention was playing the role of a gangbanger.