Author Topic: Things you don't like about hip hop  (Read 2800 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Things you don't like about hip hop
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2011, 10:02:52 AM »
I love Hip Hop.

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2011, 10:31:16 AM »
I love Hip Hop.
[/quote

I would love to kick u in the face

Bullets aint got no names

V2DHeart

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2011, 11:25:22 AM »
3) No charisma anymore, and certainly no personalitys.... People bang on the 90's, but at least there was variety. Rappers who looked different, sounded differet, flowed different, and even acted different... Too many in the market to choose from, but the problem is, they all sound alike...

What do you mean variety? Damn near every rapper that got attention was playing the role of a gangbanger.

Only a small portion of the mainstream was like that. You had Fugees, Will Smith, Nas, and Warren G to name a few in Hip Hop front that were all big commercial stars in the 90's and they all sounded different. Granted Dre, Snoop, and Naughty by Nature may have sounded alike in content, but there were a variety on the mainstream putting out quality product with a different sound. Even if the content was similar in some (a lot of West Coast trying to play the role of gangbanger) their music still sounded different.

You could tell who came from where by lingo, and sound. East, West, South, Mid West, they all had their own sound. Now though too many are sounding like each other, no one can tell who comes from where... Good thing if the music is good, but unfortunately, the mainstream is just bad

Another thing I hate about Hip Hop is: If an underground rapper who hasn't got a deal finds himself a good outlet to promote himself for free (IE: Blogs, youtube, mixtapes, and other ones created later on) the bigger rapper with the big deal, and heaps of sponsorships on him has to come down and take it from them.... I'm sure everyone remembers the tons of Snoop Dogg mixtapes, and 50 Cent mixtapes, and Game mixtapes.... 3 artists, who never needed that kind of outlet, flooded the mixtape scene and took away from the up and comer, and more or less killed the spirit and interest in it. Now all the majors do it
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2011, 02:50:20 PM »
LOL @ 50 cent killing the market. Son, 50 cent CREATED that market. Before 50 mixtapes were always low quality, with tons of throwaway freestyles. 50 came along and made his career and blew up off mixtapes. Now you have mixtapes that are just free albums. The quality has gone up a great ways. Now you have artists building their careers off what used to be a throwaway bonus. 50 created the blueprint for that.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2011, 07:11:34 PM »
You could tell who came from where by lingo, and sound. East, West, South, Mid West, they all had their own sound. Now though too many are sounding like each other, no one can tell who comes from where... Good thing if the music is good, but unfortunately, the mainstream is just bad

That's one of the reason I was saying it was so limited in the 90s. Especially from the west coast, where every rapper was trying to sound the same. Location shouldn't be pidgeon-holing how an artist should sound. Now you've got all these rappers who don't limit themselves to one sound from a coast, which imo is a great thing. Location is less important now, and why shouldn't it be? Is which side of the U.S. an artist is from important in any other music genres? No. So why do rap fans care?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2011, 07:15:06 PM »
LOL @ 50 cent killing the market. Son, 50 cent CREATED that market. Before 50 mixtapes were always low quality, with tons of throwaway freestyles. 50 came along and made his career and blew up off mixtapes. Now you have mixtapes that are just free albums. The quality has gone up a great ways. Now you have artists building their careers off what used to be a throwaway bonus. 50 created the blueprint for that.

On that topic, I don't like how rappers are creating album length projects of original beats and rhymes but not calling them albums. Its basically giving them a pass and letting them say "here listen to some music from me and keep me relevant but don't judge me by it."

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2011, 09:10:49 PM »
i hate people complainin about what they dont like about it..

same shit different year...the game is jus over saturated...

same ol..sick of mainstream bullshit..when real lyricist is gettin pouting goin on

every yr its a new rapper that "sells out"...when reality if the shoe was on the other foot..some of the fans would do the same thing to further their paper route

new rapper blow up in the south..its a problem..funny how some country nigga..thats slow..can lyrically put himself...who can become a house hold name...when some of these so call lyricist that " will destroy a rapper" cannot but words together lyrically to make them mainstream...

lol