Author Topic: Kokane is pissed  (Read 1668 times)

Okka

Re: Kokane is pissed
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2011, 01:53:44 AM »
Snoop got him up in "Old School" performing with him. That wasn't a bad look.

It sounds like he's more pissed at people getting him for features and not breaking bread but who knows? It's a tough time for the West.

Yeah, that's what i thought too.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2011, 04:31:10 AM »

It sounds like he's more pissed at people getting him for features and not breaking bread but who knows? It's a tough time for the West.

Yeah I think he's speaking generally. Why yall brought Snoop's name ?? Kokane said Snoop revitalized his career back in the Dogghouse years and they are still close.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2011, 06:50:21 AM »
It can't be snoop I heard kokane only charges a box of chicken, a 40oz and a pack of cigs for a hook I'm sure Snoop can afford that
The West is Back

Desert Lord

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 06:57:00 AM »
Then how many Snoop Dogg songs that features Kokane still getting burn today (and the past few years)?   U can't name any unless the radio stations in LA are doin flashback Snoop Hour but then pretty much the same question pops up again, how many HITS does Snoop have that feature Kokane?   Dont start reaching homer, just answer the question.  U probably couldn't.  He is right about E tho, they jah black balled him out the game.  He should be in everything hip hop related (documentaries n shit like that)

well, he might not be on any hit single, but "the last meal" was a HIT-album and it got kokane all over it

bouli77

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 07:27:20 AM »

Stan

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 10:37:53 AM »
Kokane always was and will be a feature.  Who the fuck could listen to a whole Kokane solo album, even one song!

V2DHeart

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 10:54:41 AM »
Kokane got a lot from Snoop's Last Meal album. No one knew (besides old Hip Hop heads) who the fk he was.

He's got a marmite voice - You either love it or hate it... It may even fit in on some songs, but a whole album worth? lol

He's just trying to make a lot of noise and get some attention for his album like any other BS a rapper comes out with near release     
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

Sikotic™

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 11:18:06 AM »
Cry me a river.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Jimmy H.

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 11:30:41 AM »
Yeah I think he's speaking generally. Why yall brought Snoop's name ?? Kokane said Snoop revitalized his career back in the Dogghouse years and they are still close.
Because anytime anyone speaks about artists on the West without mentioning a specific name, it has to be Snoop or Dr. Dre or Ice Cube. It's just pure science. It's called the Law of a Lacking Imagination.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 11:55:02 AM »
^not really....just looks like kokane is taking a shot at someone big and up in the spotlight, and the only big name he really fux with like that has been snoop. if any1 got any other ideas as to who he's talkin about specifically, i'd like 2 hear 'em. so far, all i've heard is speculation, so thats all this is............

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 12:12:07 PM »
All u'll end up getting is speculation then.  What a fuckin redundant question smh. 

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 12:13:22 PM »
I doubt it be Snoop specifically & individually. They known each other for too long & Snoop 's always said he loved Kokane's music & did sign him on Doggy Style Records, just like he did Soopafly, Bad Azz, RBX, Tha Eastsidaz, E-White & several others over the years.
Truth is, Snoop ain't built to be a Suge or a Diddy or a Master P. He on tour half the year & has his own brands to promote. He meant well but ain't no mogul.
He made Kokane shine not only on "Tha Last Meal" only, also on "Deuces & Trayz" & "Welcome 2 tha House". He had him record a solo album, that his major didn't wanna sell, & neither did they believe in Snoop's other artists. But that's when & why Kokane did almost as many hooks as Nate Dogg then. Don't you forget!
& As much as you can't have a hit without a great hook, you can't make a song with nothing but a hook! Why do you think Nate don't have more solo albums under his name? That Elektra shelved his 2nd album for them altogether?
& As much as I love Kokane, I'm 100% positive that this monicker has crippled his entire career from the start! Why try Mr Kane or Jerry Long? He sees it. But he's been Kokane too long to change without losing half the fans he does have.
Thing is, Kokane helped almost everyone in the West & elsewhere, but how many of those DO give the favor back?

Sccit

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 12:14:08 PM »
All u'll end up getting is speculation then.  What a fuckin redundant question smh. 

quit lookin for drama all the time, kid....this is just a discussion. nothin more. get ur wandering ass mind straight.

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 12:14:50 PM »
I doubt it be Snoop specifically & individually. They known each other for too long & Snoop 's always said he loved Kokane's music & did sign him on Doggy Style Records, just like he did Soopafly, Bad Azz, RBX, Tha Eastsidaz, E-White & several others over the years.
Truth is, Snoop ain't built to be a Suge or a Diddy or a Master P. He on tour half the year & has his own brands to promote. He meant well but ain't no mogul.
He made Kokane shine not only on "Tha Last Meal" only, also on "Deuces & Trayz" & "Welcome 2 tha House". He had him record a solo album, that his major didn't wanna sell, & neither did they believe in Snoop's other artists. But that's when & why Kokane did almost as many hooks as Nate Dogg then. Don't you forget!
& As much as you can't have a hit without a great hook, you can't make a song with nothing but a hook! Why do you think Nate don't have more solo albums under his name? That Elektra shelved his 2nd album for them altogether?
& As much as I love Kokane, I'm 100% positive that this monicker has crippled his entire career from the start! Why try Mr Kane or Jerry Long? He sees it. But he's been Kokane too long to change without losing half the fans he does have.
Thing is, Kokane helped almost everyone in the West & elsewhere, but how many of those DO give the favor back?

so Kokane dropped an album on Doggystyle Records?

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 12:16:57 PM »

so Kokane dropped an album on Doggystyle Records?

"that his major didn't wanna sell, & neither did they believe in Snoop's other artists", was "Doctor Jekyll & Mr Kane".