Author Topic: Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg Executive Producing Tha Dogg Pound's New Album  (Read 3340 times)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 02:30:25 PM by Okka »

Will_B

Re: DR DRE EXECUTIVE PRODUCING NEW DOGG POUND LP!!!YALL SLEEPING.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 02:16:57 PM »
Original Dogg Pound members Daz and Kurupt are back in the studio working on a new album that will be executive produced by both Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg.
The pair are on the road with Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa, who are touring in support of their upcoming movie “Mac and Devin Go To High School.”

In an exclusive interview with AllHipHop.com, Daz and Kurupt revealed that they are working on a new album titled Alumni, which will be overseen by both Dre and Snoop.
“It’s Daz and Kurupt getting that DPGC together. Big Snoop is overseeing it, Dre’s overseeing,” Kurupt told AllHipHop.com at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia. “We just got off a road trip for beats with Dr. Dre, who is still working on Detox.”

While most of Tha Dogg Pound’s albums were independently released, Daz said Alumni will be a major release backed by both Dr. Dre and SNOOP’S respective machines.
According to Daz, Alumni will feature a combination of production between himself and Dr. Dre.

“We put the beats together, submit it to him [Dr. Dre] to let him know what we are working with and he comes and adds his flavor to it. It’s natural.”
As of press time, a release date for Tha Dogg Pound’s upcoming album Alumni was not available.

Good news if Dre's even remotely connected to the project. 8)

Eazy-Duz-It

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Follow me on Twitter @Jam_Starr
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 02:17:51 PM »
Glad to hear the Doc's working with them guys again. Looking forward to hearing the collab.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 02:20:51 PM by Eazy-Duz-It »

D-TalkX

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 02:19:05 PM »
I hope this happens. There were tensions but of all the pics released lately looks like they've squashed whatever and got that good feeling of being in the studio together again.

This will be a dope album.

Okka

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 02:23:18 PM »
Damn, this could be dope. I hope this really happens.

Cali_Heat

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 02:24:07 PM »
Yes Baby the Westcoast is Back 2012 Aftermath-Doggystyle Records

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »
Wow. Glad to say them working together again.   :D

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 02:26:17 PM »
Damn, this could be dope. I hope this really happens.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

nad45

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2011, 02:27:54 PM »
Best news of the year!  But i hope dr dre won't let kurupt rap wack verses. I hope he won't just make beats

DaKilla Bitch!!!!

• 'G'
  • Westcoast Nigga!!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2011, 02:29:15 PM »
shit that sounds really great, i hope they bring some of the old days dpg flavour without those 808 shits, only g-funk !!!!

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2011, 02:30:26 PM »
Doubt it. It's all hype for the new Dogg Pound projects coming up.  Shit like this never happens with major league players (with the exception of Watch The Throne)  It definitely sounds good but it's not gonna happen.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2011, 02:31:43 PM »
Yes Baby the Westcoast is Back 2012 Aftermath-Doggystyle Records
this could be good news. hope it turns out dope as hell.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Cali_Heat

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 02:33:54 PM »
It's all Promo to bring Dre back in the right place to bring out Detox , there are working on it together too.

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg Executive Producing Tha Dogg Pound's New Album
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 02:59:48 PM »
Dr. Dre still hasn't fully grasped the concept that in terms of him releasing new music, people figure he's full of shit.  This will catch people's attention but I'm bout 10000000% sure people know that this won't see the light of day or it will change into more of a DPGC thing rather than a full out collaboration between the 4.  

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg Executive Producing Tha Dogg Pound's New Album
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 03:03:33 PM »
Dr. Dre still hasn't fully grasped the concept that in terms of him releasing new music, people figure he's full of shit.  This will catch people's attention but I'm bout 10000000% sure people know that this won't see the light of day or it will change into more of a DPGC thing rather than a full out collaboration between the 4.  
almost true.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.