Author Topic: When u fill out a job application how come they still ask what Race you are?  (Read 856 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

I mean does it really matter?  Isn't it irrelevant to tha bigger picture? 

I'm not filling out any job applications right now (I honestly don't need it, take it or leave it).  I just wonder why that shit is a question.  I could see if you're signing up to mentor adolensents or if a child needs a psychiatrist and anything in that realm of life but anything else shouldn't matter.

Triple OG Rapsodie

For statistical purposes.

Portugoal

I've never been asked about my race for any job application.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!

It's so any given company can demonstrate how wonderfully diverse they are (sarcasm). They must have x amount of black people, x amount of white people etc, x amount of women, or they are being racist. Never mind that the emphasis should be on who the best employees are, regardless of their race, I find it insulting and patronising and likewise it's insulting and patronising for anyone else. In England it comes in the form of an equal opportunities bullshit form, it's not mandatory that you complete it. It is though something which they hope you will do.

BiggBoogaBiff

It's so any given company can demonstrate how wonderfully diverse they are (sarcasm). They must have x amount of black people, x amount of white people etc, x amount of women, or they are being racist. Never mind that the emphasis should be on who the best employees are, regardless of their race, I find it insulting and patronising and likewise it's insulting and patronising for anyone else. In England it comes in the form of an equal opportunities bullshit form, it's not mandatory that you complete it. It is though something which they hope you will do.

I think u hit it on tha nail right there.  It's so irrelevant to the actual job/career it's self

Portugoal

Would they hire a white man who's black from the inside?

Triple OG Rapsodie

When they ask what race you most closely identify with, I bet Sikotic puts Caucasian and Looney puts African-American

Fraxxx

Plus their are no different races, just ethnicities. Call it hairsplitting, to me it makes a difference.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Exactly.

I work in education, which is an industry that "prides" itself in being diverse.  Shit is just so ridiculous theres no way i have enough time to explain it all.

Gone are the days of "pass or fail" or "well behaved or not well behaved", weve moved into a grey area where what you look like and where you come from clouds everything.  And look at how well our schools are doing....
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
When they ask what race you most closely identify with, I bet Sikotic puts Caucasian and Looney puts African-American
Would they hire a white man who's black from the inside?

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D :laugh: ;D :laugh:

kemizt

Sikotic™

And you check every damn option.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hood Crawler

• 'G'
So they can make sure no one is being racist.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

I mean does it really matter?  Isn't it irrelevant to tha bigger picture? 

I'm not filling out any job applications right now (I honestly don't need it, take it or leave it).  I just wonder why that shit is a question.  I could see if you're signing up to mentor adolensents or if a child needs a psychiatrist and anything in that realm of life but anything else shouldn't matter.

well,
if i were hiring, id like to know if its a muslim or not

Q U A K E

• Lil Geezy
  • Prai$ez 2 $hiVa 4 this priceless puff!
These phony corporations and governments LOVE to promote how they "DONT DISCRIMINATE" based on race, religion, etc...but those things they dont discriminate against don't even matter really...the real discrimination is against us based on our money/wealth/socioeconomic status, our political affiliations/perspective (look at how weed is now legal in CA but corporations still act like they got the right to not hire ppl who may have smoked weed once or more in the last month based on piss test), our age. Look at how politicians pass laws such as forcing health care on all employers but then give waivers to their buddy corporations mc donalds and GE so they dont have to lose money on buying insurance for their employees thus giving em unfair advantage and discriminating against the rest of us...discrimination is going on but they got most ppl thinking its not goin on based on some bullshit like race sex and religion equality...
1 for the Treble and 2 for the bass...
RAP QUAKE with the flows to make the world shake.

peep my newest (practice raps) shit at www.soundclick.com/RapQuake

older shit at www.soundclick.com/UCSDeeeez

Sleazy

The question is fucking retarded. If I get asked I'll answer human. Any company that doesn't hire me for answering that isn't one that I want to work for anyway.