Author Topic: Johnie Walker: THE HERO: The significance  (Read 215 times)

infinite59

Johnie Walker: THE HERO: The significance
« on: December 04, 2001, 12:22:28 AM »
This kind of thing is a blessing for me, let's me know I'm on the right path.  And that I've made some good desicions in my life.  This is a much needed sign for me.  This is truly a blessing.

I just found out about a guy I'm going to be reading and learning about for the rest of my life.  He's more of a man, than I or any of us may ever fully realize.  He left his priveleged comfortable life here in America.  Grew up in his white Catholic family.  He grew up in California, and was a child prodigy graduating at the age of 16.  And found Islam after writing a paper about Malcolm X.  Was so passionate that he left the country for Afganistan.  And then felt so strongly about the oppresion he was seeing over there, that it was enough for him to fight back against his own country.  If that isn't a positive statement for Islam, a negetive statement for America, and a statement for his sainthood, and reserved spot in heaven then I don't know what is.  Peace........HE changed his name to: Abdul Hamid

My whole life has been impacted by this.  I'm a different person now then I was before I heard about this.

infinite59

Re: Johnie Walker: THE HERO: The significance
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2001, 12:34:31 AM »
Taliban fighter from prison uprising says he's American
December 3, 2001 Posted: 6:55 AM EST (1155 GMT)

The fighter, who identified himself as John Walker, was being treated Sunday for grenade and bullet wounds.    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEAR MAZAR-E SHARIF, Afghanistan (CNN) -- One of the non-Afghan Taliban fighters who survived last week's prison uprising near Mazar-e Sharif in northern Afghanistan is an American, U.S. officials said Sunday on condition of anonymity.

The fighter, who identified himself as John Walker, was receiving treatment Sunday for grenade and bullet wounds suffered in the bloody revolt last week by some Taliban prisoners captured after the surrender of Konduz to the Northern Alliance.

During the uprising, which began November 25, hundreds of the Taliban prisoners and a CIA operative were killed.

Authorities ended the threat by flooding the garrison's cellar Friday night. More than 80 Taliban fighters emerged Saturday morning and surrendered to members of the Northern Alliance, according to the Red Cross. The Red Cross had suspended collecting bodies from the compound Thursday when armed Taliban began shooting at rescue workers, killing one and wounding two others.

The 20-year-old fighter said he had been hiding in the fortress' basement for seven days and had not eaten.

He described himself as a convert to Islam and a "jihadi" -- fighter of holy wars. He added that he had lived in northwest Pakistan and joined the Taliban six months ago.

VIDEO  
Correspondent Robert Young Pelton has the story of John Walker and how he says he came to be a Taliban fighter (December 2)  

Play video
(QuickTime, Real or Windows Media)  

CNN.COM SPECIAL REPORT

VIDEO/AUDIO

An American Taliban fighter

U.S. denies bombing Afghan village

MORE STORIES

Name of interim Afghan PM proposed  

Eastern Afghan tribal chiefs meet

U.S. Naval vessiles on the way to war  

EXTRA INFORMATION

Marine Expeditionary Units  

Afghanistan's Key Players  

Military Desk Briefing

RESOURCES

Answers from a Muslim cleric  

Message board

In describing how the Taliban prison revolt began, he said, "Somehow they started fighting, starting with a grenade, then one of them grabbed a Kalashnikov from one of the [Alliance Gen. Abdul Rashid] Dostum army forces, and so the fighting began. Eventually they took some heavy weapons, and they took control of a weapons storage house."

Walker said he was born in Columbia Women's Hospital in Washington and grew up near San Francisco. Walker said his parents are divorced and that he left home at 18, studying Arabic in Yemen. He said his father lives in Northern California.

CNN has been unable to verify this information independently.

He traveled to northwest Pakistan, where he studied Islam and came into contact with Taliban supporters, Walker said.

He then went to the Afghan capital, Kabul, where, because he did not speak the local languages, the Taliban urged him to join the forces supported and funded by Osama bin Laden, he said.

Walker said he followed their advice, going to a training camp in Afghanistan where bin Laden appeared several times. He said he learned to fire a Kalashnikov.

Walker said he then was sent to the Kashmir region, where he fought with Pakistanis against Indians, and returned to Afghanistan for another month of training.

He said he has been in Afghanistan for six months, speaking only Arabic.

When the U.S. bombardment began, he said he fled 100 miles on foot to Konduz, where he was one of more than 3,000 Taliban soldiers taken prisoner in the garrison.

He said he intended to surrender but was drawn into battle when one of his comrades threw a grenade. After taking a bullet in his upper-right thigh, he fled to the basement bunker, where he and dozens of other Taliban remained for seven days. During that time, gasoline was poured into the basement and ignited, and grenades were exploded.

He and the remaining survivors did not emerge until Northern Alliance forces diverted an irrigation stream into the bunker, flushing out the survivors.

Walker, a thin man of about 5 feet, 10 inches, described the basement as a dungeon and said it was full of dead bodies.

Walker was among three truckloads of prisoners -- most of them wounded or dead -- who had emerged or been taken from the basement. U.S. Special Forces soldiers took Walker to a warm place and assisted in getting him medical treatment.

The Red Cross was caring for Walker on Sunday night in Mazar-e Sharif. He was sequestered because he is considered a prisoner of war.

If he is determined to be a U.S. citizen, he would be taken back to the United States, officials said. Whether he would be tried, and by whom, remains unclear.

-- CNN Correspondent Robert Pelton contributed to this report.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

CodeCaine

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • reppin for the south, North Cackalac fool
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2001, 07:11:22 AM »
today in class we were talkin bout treason and tha teach brought up his name...he asked us should he be convicted of treason since he is (or was,i am not sure) a US citizen and he is fightin against tha US?
It's CodeKane fool
Everybody knows Carolina's my home, this is my heart baby, this is my soul.

Folks think I'm out of my mind
I'm out of line a lot of times
I don't give a fuck bout guidelines
Do what I wanna do, when I wanna do it
You-you ain't like what I'm doin', you ain't got to
Petey Pab

Plus a buncha country boys wit gats, you don't want none-a that
-Scales

Joachim

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2001, 09:31:08 AM »
Johny Walker the hero? Naw the heros are the firefighters, police and paramedics who died tryin to save people in the WTC, you do remember what happened with the WTC dont you?

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2001, 10:53:21 AM »
joachim, you obviosly arent seein what hes sayin an your lookin at this at a different view

he left the strong side and went to help the weak side, he might not be a hero to you but he is to some people, i dont know how to explain it....but i feel it

peace

lee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2001, 11:06:39 AM »
the american taliban guy ??? WTF ? thats no hero thats a fucking fruitcake !

maxi-padz

• Lil Geezy
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2001, 11:15:17 AM »
lee ur narrow minded.. ive seen it a lot in ur posts...

oh yeah infinite he the guy who made that bourban johnie walker? LOL
nah man i feel u onthis.. this guy a hero for doing what he did.. in his beleifs and his actions..

it dun matter what side where on...
does killing inocent afganistan ppl in air raids any different from what they did to america?
no... jsut becasue some terrorists "did it first", thats it alright to do it back..
its like all u peeps arguements on here about that shit is... who cares they did it to us first like 2 little kids fighting arguing saying they hit me first...

im not saying that what the terrorist did waz right.. but IMO these loose missiles are fucken wrong as well... 2 wrogns dont make a right.. u may feel better but iz it right?

sorry infinite i got of track jsut had to get shit of fmah chest..
~1~

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2001, 11:23:41 AM »
THERES ONE WORD FOR IT..

TREASON

DONT ANYONE GET PETY OR CLAIM I AM THROWING ACCUSATIONS

IF SOMEONE LIVES IN A COUNTRY AS ITS CITIZEN - ENJOYS ITS RIGHTS AND PRIVILAGES THEN TURNS AROUND AND FIGHTS AGAINST YOU ITS TREASON

IN THE UK ITS BETRAYING 'QUEEN AND COUNTRY'

THATS LIKE...

SOME ONE COMING INTO YOUR HOUSE, EATING A MEAL YOU PREPARED THEN AS YOUR BACK IS TURNED STEALING ALL IN ARMS REACH AND HAVING IT AWAY WITHOUT A WORD OF THANKS. THEN USING WOT THEY HAD TAKEN AGAINST YOU IN SOME WAY.

LIKE JOACHIM SAID - A RESCUER KILLED IN THE WTC IS A HERO

A BACKSTABBING CITIZEN OF THE U.S IS NOT A HERO

I DONT CARE WOT YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS ARE - IF YOU CLAIM RESIDENCE AND USE THE PRIVLAGES OF A COUNTRY YOU ARE ITS CITIZEN OBLIGED TOOBEY ITS RULES AND PAY THE CONSEQUENCES IF YOU DO NOT

peace

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Doggystylin

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2001, 01:10:53 PM »
like maxi said, ........ u guys are narrow minded, open up and think about that.

infinite59

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2001, 11:56:53 PM »
Peep this.  Martin Luther King and Malcolm X are great people because they fought for the rights of oppressed black people.  But they are black.  So they were fighting for their own cause.

Johhny Walker is even more honorable then those two.  He was a WHITE WELL OFF CATHOLIC AMERICAN.  And he went to go fight side by side with generally ARAB POOR AS FUCK STARVING MUSLIMS who were getting MURDERED left and right.  Think about that.  Peace.

Joachim

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2001, 12:48:04 AM »

like maxi said, ........ u guys are narrow minded, open up and think about that.

Maxi called Lee narrow minded, i just cant see how someone claiming to fight against his peoples opression can fight for the Taliban, the Taliban are opressin Afghanistan, thats why the Northern Alliance are fighting them, these people are twisted, thier leader (Mullar Omar) challenged Bush and Blair to a duel with AK's, wtf? There was an article in the Source a while ago about how fucked up Afganistan is, women are raped, murdered and treated like animals thats fuckin opression, think about that...

infinite59

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2001, 01:00:11 AM »

Maxi called Lee narrow minded, i just cant see how someone claiming to fight against his peoples opression can fight for the Taliban, the Taliban are opressin Afghanistan, thats why the Northern Alliance are fighting them, these people are twisted, thier leader (Mullar Omar) challenged Bush and Blair to a duel with AK's, wtf? There was an article in the Source a while ago about how fucked up Afganistan is, women are raped, murdered and treated like animals thats fuckin opression, think about that...

Well Walker grew up in America, and obviously when he went over there he saw something very different from what you and the American media are trying to brainwash us with.

Joachim

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2001, 08:51:40 AM »

Well Walker grew up in America, and obviously when he went over there he saw something very different from what you and the American media are trying to brainwash us with.

Your right im tryin to brainwash you, or maybe you just cant even begin to contemplate that not all muslims are great peace loving people, and the Taliban are just being victimised by the US cause they aint christian, your blinded by your faith.

Ive had my freedom taken away from me before, and its hell my friend, and that was in a prison cell with a bed, hot food and a roof over my head, many Afghans dont even have a roof over thier heads, they'll probably die in the next few months from the harsh winter they get, but the Hero Johny Walker can return to his middle class home (with his warm food, roof and bed) and tell his tales and be idolised by other middle class whiteboys. What he went there and saw is very different from what the Afgahns live there and feel, maybe you cant understand that.

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2001, 05:33:55 PM »
Taking into consideration what the taliban believe about women, I'd say any friend of theirs is an enemy of mine -
Peace~

infinite59

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2001, 01:15:15 AM »

Taking into consideration what the taliban believe about women, I'd say any friend of theirs is an enemy of mine -
Peace~

Can't argue with that though, I don't agree with the way they treat their women.  I could argue that American men beat and abuse their wives daily, and that we have higher divorce rates.  But that's no excuse.  Peace