Author Topic: Top 10 of 2011  (Read 792 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Top 10 of 2011
« on: December 08, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »
Stalley Lincoln Way Nights (Intelligent Trunk Music)
Kendrick Lamar Seciton.80
Blu N O Y O R K
Drake Take Care
Reks Rhythematic Eternal King Supreme
The Roots Undun
Kanye West & Jay-Z Watch The Throne
Lupe Fiasco L.A.S.E.R.S
Shabazz Palaces Black Up
Saigon The Greatest Story Never Told

Most disappointing due to high expectations
J. Cole Cole World

Still anticipating
Common The Dreamer / The Believer
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Top 10 of 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:04:27 PM »
Reks - Rhythmatic Eternal King Supreme
Bumpy Knuckles and Statik Selectah - Lyrical Workout
Cunninlynguists - Oneirology
Thurz - LA Riot
XV - Zero Heroes
Saigon - The Greatest Story Never Told
Elzhi - elmatic
The Roots - Undun
J-Live - Said Person of That Ability
Poe Mack - Soul of a Mack

Most disappointing? No York. How do you go from his previous material to this shit that doesn't even sound like music?

Still waiting on MA DOOM!!

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 03:31:40 AM »
seconding stalley - lincoln way nights

also:

french montana - coke boys 2
statik selektah + action bronson
juciy j - rubba band bizness 2
chinx drugs - flight 2011

i know there was more shit at the start of the year but i cant think right now. this is just the shit i been bumping the past few months.

e: shit how could i forget... the killer mike joint was dope to

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 05:34:30 AM »
I saw this in VIBE and Complex (I think) list of best albums so I listened to few songs. Don't understand what's so great about it. Definitely not Luger's beats or J rapping.

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 04:08:37 PM »
1. The Roots - undun    2. 9th Wonder - Wonder Year    3. Random Axe - Random Axe   4. Marsha Ambrosious - Late Nights Early Mornings    5. Saigon - Greatest Story Never Told    6.Torae - For The Record   7. Away Team - Stars & Stripes   8. Common -The Dreamer The Believer (early but the singles is fire)  9. ?????  10. ?????
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2011, 06:13:56 PM »
1. The Roots - undun    2. 9th Wonder - Wonder Year    3. Random Axe - Random Axe   4. Marsha Ambrosious - Late Nights Early Mornings    5. Saigon - Greatest Story Never Told    6.Torae - For The Record   7. Away Team - Stars & Stripes   8. Common -The Dreamer The Believer (early but the singles is fire)  9. ?????  10. ?????

How do you have an album that hasn't even come out yet on your top 10? Did you not even listen to 10 albums this year?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011, 06:20:49 PM »
1. The Roots - undun    2. 9th Wonder - Wonder Year    3. Random Axe - Random Axe   4. Marsha Ambrosious - Late Nights Early Mornings    5. Saigon - Greatest Story Never Told    6.Torae - For The Record   7. Away Team - Stars & Stripes   8. Common -The Dreamer The Believer (early but the singles is fire)  9. ?????  10. ?????

How do you have an album that hasn't even come out yet on your top 10? Did you not even listen to 10 albums this year?
it has the potential to be top 10. and i guarantee you it will be. and these are the albums (this year) that captured my attention bitch.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 02:49:52 PM by Blue Magic »
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 06:21:22 AM »
Stalley Lincoln Way Nights (Intelligent Trunk Music)
Kendrick Lamar Seciton.80
Blu N O Y O R K
Drake Take Care
Reks Rhythematic Eternal King Supreme
The Roots Undun
Kanye West & Jay-Z Watch The Throne
Lupe Fiasco L.A.S.E.R.S
Shabazz Palaces Black Up
Saigon The Greatest Story Never Told

Most disappointing due to high expectations
J. Cole Cole World

Still anticipating
Common The Dreamer / The Believer

I agree with everything on this list except the Drake album would go in the trash and I thought Lupe's album was a bit poor. Other than that, you're spot on.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 09:41:08 PM »
1. The Roots - undun    2. 9th Wonder - Wonder Year    3. Random Axe - Random Axe   4. Marsha Ambrosious - Late Nights Early Mornings    5. Saigon - Greatest Story Never Told    6.Torae - For The Record   7. Away Team - Stars & Stripes   8. Common -The Dreamer The Believer (early but the singles is fire)  9. ?????  10. ?????

it has the potential to be top 10. and i guarantee you it will be. and these are the albums (this year) that captured my attention bitch.

lol at editing your post a day later to call me bitch. It's a joke that you would put an album that hasn't come out yet as your favorite. And since you couldn't come up with 10 albums to name, the consensus is you haven't even listened to that many albums.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 08:34:35 AM »

lol at editing your post a day later to call me bitch. It's a joke that you would put an album that hasn't come out yet as your favorite. And since you couldn't come up with 10 albums to name, the consensus is you haven't even listened to that many albums.
boy.... i got albums upon albums. i don't ever have to buy another cd again and i still have enough music to listen to for a very very long time. let me elaborate so you're not scramblin your braiin tryin to understand. imo there were not enough great albums released this year that's why i stopped at 8 prick. the albums i listed that were released are my top eight of this year. common's album is not yet released but i know it will be a top ten album of 2011 being that many people heard 4 songs of common's joint that were fire. so wit that said these were albums that was worth my attention this year.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »

boy.... i got albums upon albums. i don't ever have to buy another cd again and i still have enough music to listen to for a very very long time. let me elaborate so you're not scramblin your braiin tryin to understand. imo there were not enough great albums released this year that's why i stopped at 8 prick. the albums i listed that were released are my top eight of this year. common's album is not yet released but i know it will be a top ten album of 2011 being that many people heard 4 songs of common's joint that were fire. so wit that said these were albums that was worth my attention this year.

hearing 4 joints off an album and labeling it an album of the year is some groupie shit. So you listened to albums upon albums but couldn't come up with more than 7 that are good? Please....

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 07:33:54 AM »

hearing 4 joints off an album and labeling it an album of the year is some groupie shit. So you listened to albums upon albums but couldn't come up with more than 7 that are good? Please....
no. you wit my dick in ya mouth is some groupie shit. ain't no more to discuss sucka ! groupie= not spice 1 but spice 2.  fuck outta here lame !!!!!!!!   LMFAO.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:38:33 AM by Blue Magic »

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 01:46:03 PM »
I saw this in VIBE and Complex (I think) list of best albums so I listened to few songs. Don't understand what's so great about it. Definitely not Luger's beats or J rapping.

wasnt impressed on 1st listen either, became one of my most played this year. its like anthems to get high to

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 08:34:22 AM »
Damn my list would probably rotate with

BIG K.R.I.T Return of 4ever
Freddie Gibbs Cold Day In Hell
Common The Dreamer/The Believer

Phenomenal all around year.  Only missing material from the Slaughterhouse crew.   I suppose Royce/Em released that forgettable ep.  

Edit:

Also, I enjoy J. Cole's Cole Word despite being disappointed.  Actually the most disappointing album was Yelawolf's Radioactive.  It was littered with pop choruses like Recovery.  I was actually anticipating some hard southern music ala Trunk Muzik but was greeted by 90s boy band song structure with rhyming.

While I love Elzhi's Elmatic it's not original.  It's fresh but the creativity still stems from Nas.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 08:40:33 AM by Action! »
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Paul

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 05:54:38 AM »
The weeknd - thursday and HOB