Author Topic: Mysterious how producers of 7 Day Theory album came out of nowhere...  (Read 3518 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Mysterious how producers of 7 Day Theory album came out of nowhere...
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2011, 02:55:12 PM »
Probably my favorite Pac album. But yet, Brian has to be THAT nigga who tries to make connections out of nowhere.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2011, 03:03:51 PM »
Probably my favorite Pac album. But yet, Brian has to be THAT nigga who tries to make connections out of nowhere.
lmao but werd this and me against the world are the pac albums where you dont gotta skip one song

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2011, 11:41:09 PM »
People act like the beats were some classic shit by themselves but think about what Pac did to them.

Listen to this:

If I were a rapper and I heard this instrumental I would've said this shit is wack and sounds like an amateur made it. Pac took it to the next level and made it classic. Try listening to the instrumentals of the other beats, most of them aren't that impressive on their own.

u must have a horrible ear... i would love if a producer came at me with a beat like that.

Have to agree, that beat is nice, especially in those days.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

2euce 7even

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2011, 09:15:39 AM »
People act like the beats were some classic shit by themselves but think about what Pac did to them.

Listen to this:

If I were a rapper and I heard this instrumental I would've said this shit is wack and sounds like an amateur made it. Pac took it to the next level and made it classic. Try listening to the instrumentals of the other beats, most of them aren't that impressive on their own.

u must have a horrible ear... i would love if a producer came at me with a beat like that.

Don't even trip. You wouldn't have known what the fuck to do with a beat like that. It's easy to say after the fact of hearing Pac work his magic that you could have done the same thing, but you're lying to yourself.

not sayin i woulda pulled a tupac, but ill work any beat...especially a vicious one like "hail mary"

It ain't a vicious beat til you hear Pac spitting over it. Before that it sounds on some amateur fruity loops shit

shut the fuck up already you deaf than a muthafucka dude.shut the fuck up and stop smoking criack

EriMakaveli

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2011, 09:23:12 AM »
J. Cole's take on TDK, "top-notch production":

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2011, 09:54:23 AM »

Listen to this:

Don't even trip. You wouldn't have known what the fuck to do with a beat like that. It's easy to say after the fact of hearing Pac work his magic that you could have done the same thing, but you're lying to yourself.

not sayin i woulda pulled a tupac, but ill work any beat...especially a vicious one like "hail mary"

It ain't a vicious beat til you hear Pac spitting over it. Before that it sounds on some amateur fruity loops shit

shut the fuck up already you deaf than a muthafucka dude.shut the fuck up and stop smoking criack

Grow a pair of ears. Pretend like you haven't heard Pac spitting over it.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2011, 11:28:07 AM »
Well it also has to do with the fact that Makaveli was never intended to be a major commercial release but instead a street album 'to be sold a flee markets'. He wanted it to sound as raw and unpolished as possible.
That's true, but obviously the direction of the album changed, considering the variations of the tracklists that we've seen compared to each other and the final retail version (as it has a song like Toss It Up that wasn't from the same sessions at all but was thrown in there to get a radio single since Death Row wanted it to be a big album).  About it being raw and unpolished, that's one assumption that was rumored, but some people also said that the album was never really mixed and mastered the way it was supposed to be.  You can tell by comparing the songs on the album itself (prior to the DualDisc release) to the CD singles (i.e., Hail Mary, Toss It Up, To Live & Die in L.A.), which have the songs mixed and mastered to a much better degree.

Interscope would have never allowed that though despite it being an intention of 2Pac's
...but it ended up being released that way though.

I hated "Just Like Daddy".  That was the only song I've always skipped when I play that album.
Yeah, it's odd... I go back and forth with it, sometimes liking it and sometimes hating it.  But it was technically an Outlawz song intended for their album or something like that.

just like daddys beat is just amazing i bump it mostly for that. i was trying to find out if it sampled something.
It samples "Impeach the President" by The Honey Drippers.  That song "I Can" by Nas also samples it too (specifically the drumbeat), so does "Total Kaos" by EPMD and some others I can't think of at the moment.

V2DHeart

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2011, 11:55:43 AM »
Well it also has to do with the fact that Makaveli was never intended to be a major commercial release but instead a street album 'to be sold a flee markets'. He wanted it to sound as raw and unpolished as possible.
That's true, but obviously the direction of the album changed, considering the variations of the tracklists that we've seen compared to each other and the final retail version (as it has a song like Toss It Up that wasn't from the same sessions at all but was thrown in there to get a radio single since Death Row wanted it to be a big album).  About it being raw and unpolished, that's one assumption that was rumored, but some people also said that the album was never really mixed and mastered the way it was supposed to be.  You can tell by comparing the songs on the album itself (prior to the DualDisc release) to the CD singles (i.e., Hail Mary, Toss It Up, To Live & Die in L.A.), which have the songs mixed and mastered to a much better degree.

Interscope would have never allowed that though despite it being an intention of 2Pac's
...but it ended up being released that way though.

I hated "Just Like Daddy".  That was the only song I've always skipped when I play that album.
Yeah, it's odd... I go back and forth with it, sometimes liking it and sometimes hating it.  But it was technically an Outlawz song intended for their album or something like that.

just like daddys beat is just amazing i bump it mostly for that. i was trying to find out if it sampled something.
It samples "Impeach the President" by The Honey Drippers.  That song "I Can" by Nas also samples it too (specifically the drumbeat), so does "Total Kaos" by EPMD and some others I can't think of at the moment.

+1 on the EPMD

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

doublee313

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2011, 12:56:41 PM »
It's not really that mysterious. They were basically unproven producers who nobody wanted to fuck with. I believe one of the Outlawz said the studio they were working in was often referred to as "The Wack Room" since nothing hot was coming out of there. My guess is Pac being the workaholic he is decided to give these guys a break since all the other Death Row guys were likely battling to get beats from the other more established guys.

For some wack producers they put out nice beats that made that album.  They also said Suge put the album out before it was even properly mastered.  These guys deserved more credit and maybe some have advanced.  A few of the producers were on some documentary's talking about how it was in the studio, etc.  Some white dudes.  They said Pac wanted more beef songs and it was smart they cut them out.  Pac was saying leave them, take them off, leave them, etc.  I think a few of the songs leaked (Watch Your Mouth, etc).  I'm glad it was the way it is, because those songs will remain classics to me forever. 

The Pac beef side was cool for a few listens, but those songs fade after awhile (aside from Hit Em Up).

bouli77

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2011, 01:02:32 PM »
but those songs fade after awhile (aside from Hit Em Up).

even Hit Em Up has faded for me. can't really listen to the track anymore. it's embarrassing. not a clever diss song with witty lines or anything. and even musically never thought it was that good to sample blatantly Dennis Edwards. but i guess it was really efficient when it came out.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2011, 01:08:34 PM »
For some wack producers they put out nice beats that made that album.  They also said Suge put the album out before it was even properly mastered.  These guys deserved more credit and maybe some have advanced.  A few of the producers were on some documentary's talking about how it was in the studio, etc.  Some white dudes.  They said Pac wanted more beef songs and it was smart they cut them out.  Pac was saying leave them, take them off, leave them, etc.  I think a few of the songs leaked (Watch Your Mouth, etc).  I'm glad it was the way it is, because those songs will remain classics to me forever.
I believe you're talking about the Tupac Hip-Hop Genius DVD where it has one of the studio engineers talking about it.  Basically he talked about Pac having recorded a song (which is assumed to be the unleaked track "The World Is Mine") where Nas gets dissed, then the studio engineer just happened to mention that he thought it was dumb for him to have talked about Nas so much, then Pac later agreed and re-recorded the track, which became Friends.  From his recollection, he said that Suge had greenlit a "diss album" though it evolved into the Makaveli album, which leads me to believe that the very first songs recorded may have just been the diss songs we know about (which presumably include Against All Odds, Watch Ya Mouth, etc.).

The Pac beef side was cool for a few listens, but those songs fade after awhile (aside from Hit Em Up).
I actually still play Against All Odds a lot.

V2DHeart

« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2011, 01:29:09 PM »
but those songs fade after awhile (aside from Hit Em Up).

even Hit Em Up has faded for me. can't really listen to the track anymore. it's embarrassing. not a clever diss song with witty lines or anything. and even musically never thought it was that good to sample blatantly Dennis Edwards. but i guess it was really efficient when it came out.

Agree
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

2euce 7even

« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2011, 02:14:40 AM »
i know hurt-m-badd is still here, not doin much but we hear from him, interviews, statements, etc. demetrius "meech" shipp made comments on "black diamond" jewell on youtube BUT WHERE THE HELL IS DARRYL "BIG D" HARPER?

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2011, 08:30:28 AM »
Suge might have selected which finished tracks went on the album but Pac went into the studio to fetch the producers to make them. Or at least, that's how the story was told in XXL.

Damn you guys are trippin if you actually think Suge picked songs for albums.  The only thing Suge would do is sometimes songs like "California Love" Suge might suggest to Dre that they use it for Pac's album.  But real music people were doing the sequencing of albums.  Like up until Pac came along it was mostly Dre doing the sequencing, then Pac sequenced All Eyez On Me, and Pac was alive long enough to sequence 7 Day Theory himself as well.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2011, 08:35:09 AM »

yes my friend, i personally have: beatles, led zeppelin, bob marley, jimi hendrix, the eagles, sade, barry white,etc. i see your point ;)

LOL.. that shit is trash compared to 2pac.  The only reason you say that is because those albums gained acceptance from the mainstream white critics.  While Pac on the other hand spoke for the disenfranchised.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)