Author Topic: Mysterious how producers of 7 Day Theory album came out of nowhere...  (Read 3543 times)

Sccit

Re: Mysterious how producers of 7 Day Theory album came out of nowhere...
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2011, 11:26:54 AM »
So the album wasn't mastered right? Cuz i always thought that i was the only one who noticed it. Still a very dope and classic album, also very well produced but
you could really tell that some things wasn't mixed and mastered like for example alot of 2pac's vocals and whatnot.

yea...a lot of his vocals aint lined up right. like, u can tell when u hear him going over words and he doesnt punch in at the right spots. gives it a raw sound, which sorta adds to the feel of the album.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2011, 02:37:37 PM »
I'm not gonna lie, those beats on that cd were wack as fuck.........I only like the album because of what Pac was saying and because it expressed how angry he was, not because of how the cd sounded sonically.......
To be honest, I didn't like the album much when it came out to the point where I was almost disappointed, though being a teenager when it came out, I was expecting more songs like that was on All Eyez on Me.  Few of the beats are actually single-worthy (as it wasn't meant to be that kind of an album), but I appreciate it for what it was.  You're right about Pac having breathed life into the beats, as it's hard to say if we would TRULY have felt the same way about those beats if we had only heard the instrumentals or if someone else had rapped over them.  But they weren't bad though, and a lot of it became classic material, which means the beats were somewhat decent.  It's not like people bump What'z Ya Phone # all the time, as not even Pac vocals can make that song hot.  I can't think of a single remix of that song that I didn't think was better than the retail... the Nu-Mixx was a lot better, and even some fanmade mix from 2006-2007 where they put it over that "Sexy Back" song by Justin Timberlake sounded better.

So the album wasn't mastered right? Cuz i always thought that i was the only one who noticed it. Still a very dope and classic album, also very well produced but
you could really tell that some things wasn't mixed and mastered like for example alot of 2pac's vocals and whatnot.
That's correct, though it was re-released later on by Death Row with slightly better audio (such as the digital remastered versions that had the music videos on them), but the DualDisc releases that came out a while back (maybe 2005 or 2006) had more significant boosts in audio quality compared to before, which you can easily notice when listening to the original release and the DualDisc release back-to-back.  Also, like I mentioned before, if you compare the original release to even the songs on the CD singles, the audio quality on the singles is so much clearer.

2euce 7even

« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2011, 05:01:51 AM »
Album was garbage ..FORGETTABLE

where u at bitchboy?