Author Topic: Am I the only one that copped Mac and Devin Go to High school?  (Read 758 times)

KURUPTION-81

Re: Am I the only one that copped Mac and Devin Go to High school?
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2011, 01:26:26 PM »
After a few spins of this album, I would give it a 6/10.  Has some really solid tracks on it, but some of Snoops verses on other songs are terrible.  Has anyone else noticed Snoop is almost turning out "Kurupt" like verses lately?  This shit like "dominate, demonstrate, motivate, captivate" stuff?.  He needs to drop that shit, it sounds wack as fuck.  And he keeps using it on all kinds of songs too.  Shits weak. 

But the tracks like "Smokin On", "I Get Lifted" "Put it in a Zag" "That Good" are really solid tracks.  Even "Young, Wild & Free" is great for a single.

Snoops doin uninspired/recycled yada yada raps + just talking over beats. Mainly coz this is a soundtrack, not a main album.

Wiz is 'ok'. Always sounds a bit forced, and I don't think he writes all his own stuff.

but then snoop has been known to have a ghostwriter or two.

Have copped it but not listened to it yet.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Will_B

« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »
After a few spins of this album, I would give it a 6/10.  Has some really solid tracks on it, but some of Snoops verses on other songs are terrible.  Has anyone else noticed Snoop is almost turning out "Kurupt" like verses lately?  This shit like "dominate, demonstrate, motivate, captivate" stuff?.  He needs to drop that shit, it sounds wack as fuck.  And he keeps using it on all kinds of songs too.  Shits weak. 

But the tracks like "Smokin On", "I Get Lifted" "Put it in a Zag" "That Good" are really solid tracks.  Even "Young, Wild & Free" is great for a single.

Snoops doin uninspired/recycled yada yada raps + just talking over beats. Mainly coz this is a soundtrack, not a main album.

Wiz is 'ok'. Always sounds a bit forced, and I don't think he writes all his own stuff.

but then snoop has been known to have a ghostwriter or two.

Have copped it but not listened to it yet.

Oh fo sure! And I'm all for producers + writers + artists gettin involved in the goal of making good music.

Just don't like hearing artists having no personal style/personality in their lyrics...or sounding like sometimes they're just reading someone else's words off a sheet.

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2011, 02:41:51 PM »
Its better than the last 2 Snoop solo LPs thats for sure. I was surprised because I'm not usually a Khalifa fan, but both hold it down all LP. Solid.