Author Topic: Do you think Crooked I not having a solo album is good for his career?  (Read 898 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

What if he finally put out an album and it was on the same level as his last few EPs? I guess some people liked them but imo they were mediocre at best. Would you be satisfied or disappointed? Would it make his career better or worse?

Mietek23

Re: Do you think Crooked I not having a solo album is good for his career?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 10:53:36 AM »
At this point I really don't care anymore - if it comes out, it does - if not, then so be it.

Like you said, he's recent stuff has been solid at best so I don't think he can top tracks like "Str8 Bosses" but I hope "Million Dollar Story" will have quality material on it... "B.O.S.S." is what I want to hear tho.

DaKilla Bitch!!!!

• 'G'
  • Westcoast Nigga!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 11:00:17 AM »
At this point I really don't care anymore - if it comes out, it does - if not, then so be it.

Like you said, he's recent stuff has been solid at best so I don't think he can top tracks like "Str8 Bosses" but I hope "Million Dollar Story" will have quality material on it... "B.O.S.S." is what I want to hear tho.

real talk!!! i want boss more than mds, but if mds comes then i gonna cob that!

crook needs selling his "BOSS" album tru planetcob like the pre-order needs to take 20k to even sell and ship it out to the masses.

red-one

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 11:40:01 AM »
i got a lil question that is a little off this topic but
the Horseshoe gang Members are Brothers ?? they all looks like Crooked I !! lol

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 11:50:29 AM »
i think the damage is done already to his career, he delayed it so long

V2DHeart

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 12:04:32 PM »
Damage is already done. He's done so many mixtapes, and diluted filler material type tracks that he's embedded himself in amongst the rest of the mixtape rappers (See Cyssero)

His best chance was with Boom Boom Clap, when that came out. He missed the train that day
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »
Yeah he definitely shoulda rode the wave with "Boom Boom Clap" when it first came out.  I didn't get that either.  

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 01:00:19 PM »
i think its gotten to the point where not having a solo album is almost crooked i's "thing"...

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 01:02:49 PM »
i think its gotten to the point where not having a solo album is almost crooked i's "thing"...
Would Be Interesting To See....Crooked I The Only Artist To Make The Guiness Book For Dropping Consecutive Songs But Never An Album!! Lmfao!!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 02:14:02 PM »
i think the damage is done already to his career, he delayed it so long
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 03:03:16 PM »
I say now it would just be a mistake. For more knowledgeable fans who know how long it's been delayed & understand the expectations, it's almost on a Detox level where it has to be an undoubtable classic for it to get any sort of praise without being considered a "disappointment". And as much great as I think Crooked I is, I don't think he could produce an album that people would throw in the great album discussion.

We live in an era where people have three songs connected to their career & the rest of the album just gets thrown in the trash anyway. Even really good albums get lost in the nostalgia that everyone else just compares to classics of the 90's. & most of that "classicness" is more connected to the impact those albums had. & like I've said before, it's not possible to have impact like that on this genre anymore. ESPECIALLY with Crooked's style of rapping.

There is no denying he can murk a beat better than almost anyone. Just gotta respect that for what it is & stop looking for more.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 03:05:15 PM »
Yes , yes , yes.......absolutely.....it gives us something to talk about
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 03:59:01 PM »
I don't get his reasoning. He's had chances but his buzz is dead. He's ruined his reputation among hip hop fans. He's seen as a joke, his solo album is a punchline. Yeah, he gets respect from other rappers but career wise not one other rapper would want his career. Up until he left deathrow he had viable excuses. The situations at virgin, dpg and death row were out of his control. But since then he's done nothing. He built himself a huge buzz with the first hip hop weekly, that was the time to drop an album. That second hip hop weekly was barely even acknowledged, which is the proof he killed his own career.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 05:52:05 PM »
I think what is going on, is this,   He wants to release an album and probably has it ready,  but the record company doesn't want to put their name behind it and invest in it and send it out to the stores....and cause of that  then Crooked has no other options to release an album in the stores,   So then he is sticking to smaller EP's that are easier to download digitally and also cheaper so are more likely to sell online than an album would sell online....

I could be wrong about this...but i think that is what it is.
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 08:58:11 PM »
I say now it would just be a mistake. For more knowledgeable fans who know how long it's been delayed & understand the expectations, it's almost on a Detox level where it has to be an undoubtable classic for it to get any sort of praise without being considered a "disappointment". And as much great as I think Crooked I is, I don't think he could produce an album that people would throw in the great album discussion.

We live in an era where people have three songs connected to their career & the rest of the album just gets thrown in the trash anyway. Even really good albums get lost in the nostalgia that everyone else just compares to classics of the 90's. & most of that "classicness" is more connected to the impact those albums had. & like I've said before, it's not possible to have impact like that on this genre anymore. ESPECIALLY with Crooked's style of rapping.

There is no denying he can murk a beat better than almost anyone. Just gotta respect that for what it is & stop looking for more.
110% networth.  He's just an assassin,and not a great song maker. It always sounds like he's trying to hard. It's like his real songs outta assassin mode turn out like nas's you owe me,like trying to squeeze to much into a simple song,yell   
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp