Author Topic: Do you think Crooked I not having a solo album is good for his career?  (Read 885 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Do you think Crooked I not having a solo album is good for his career?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 10:19:42 PM »
I can't even call it at this point. I feel like even if he wasn't putting out albums, he should have pushing retail product to keep his name relevant. If he done something along the lines of the pre-Get Rich 50 Cent or Saigon where he threw out compilations of his best mixtape and guest spot albums, he'd have something to work with. Termanology did that around here and it kept his name going a little. I've always pushed Tech N9ne as the business blueprint for just putting out consistent product and keep your touring game tight and blowing up that way. Crook's problem is he may have upset the herd a little too much by hyping things up and not delivering. Somebody like Dr. Dre who is the biggest name on the Coast despite long absences and has the #1 fucking rapper in the world can afford a 12-year fucking break. Crooked couldn't.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 11:15:59 PM »
I've stopped caring.

kemizt

doggfather

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 11:20:19 PM »
At this point I really don't care anymore - if it comes out, it does - if not, then so be it.

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 11:53:27 PM »
I got "still an mc" OG. let me know if y'all need it. One love.

papa-smurf

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 04:12:13 AM »
he dont have a album out but have more songs & verses out then 90% of all the rappers out.u could make 10 albums out of the free material & mixtapes he been putting out.

Okka

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2011, 04:26:15 AM »
He's too scared to drop an solo album. He knows it ain't gonna sell millions.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2011, 08:44:53 AM »
he dont have a album out but have more songs & verses out then 90% of all the rappers out.u could make 10 albums out of the free material & mixtapes he been putting out.

You do it, then post it up as a download

Quadruple OG

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2011, 08:48:17 AM »
Isn't the point of recording music is to release it? Crooked I should just leak all these albums that have been sitting in the vaults for years. Might as well put them out independently and try to make a buck rather than have it collecting dust somewhere.

Yeah he definitely shoulda rode the wave with "Boom Boom Clap" when it first came out.  I didn't get that either.  

Had a pretty decent buzz right after he left Death Row, then had this track and the mixtape. Would have been good then to drop an album.

2euce 7even

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2011, 09:05:35 AM »
i think its gotten to the point where not having a solo album is almost crooked i's "thing"...
Would Be Interesting To See....Crooked I The Only Artist To Make The Guiness Book For Dropping Consecutive Songs But Never An Album!! Lmfao!!

:D

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2011, 09:06:39 AM »
What I took from the new interviews that were posted, he's still trying to get signed. Dude refuses to go indie.

MarshColin

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2011, 09:27:24 AM »
Isn't the point of recording music is to release it? Crooked I should just leak all these albums that have been sitting in the vaults for years. Might as well put them out independently and try to make a buck rather than have it collecting dust somewhere.

Yeah he definitely shoulda rode the wave with "Boom Boom Clap" when it first came out.  I didn't get that either.  

Had a pretty decent buzz right after he left Death Row, then had this track and the mixtape. Would have been good then to drop an album.

I agree he needs to just leak all the "albums" he has in his vault or put them out for a cheap digital download or something. It's only gonna sound more and more dated the longer he waits. Why not just put it out so that all his upset fans can move on? If he were to drop an album today it wouldn't have anything from his multiple versions of the "BOSS" album on it, so why sit on that music and let it depreciate in value? It's not being reserved for his "album" at this point anyway. MAKES NO SENSE.

Mietek23

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2011, 11:22:04 AM »
He had 2 great opportunities to drop a solo album - the first one was in 2005 when "Boom Boom Clap" dropped. It created a great buzz for him aswell as rumors that Scott Storch is going to submit some production for "Boss Music" but then Death Row was spreading rumors that Crook's still signed to their label and the project never hit the stores...

Then, in 2007 he got even bigger buzz with his Hip-Hop Weekly's series that had the whole internet going CRAZY, plus he released "New West Anthem" - a very nice club banger that recieved postivie reviews. That was the perfect time to release the album via some independent company like Koch and I'm 100% sure it would end up with some decent numbers that year.

"This year I'm dropping "B.O.S.S." - I promise" - remember that?

Well, he didn't stick to his word which is what made many of his supporters and loyal fans to just move on, including myself. Instead, he wanted to wait another year until Interscope, Universal or some other major label will knock on his door with a contract worth millions of dollars so he could go platinum in first week sales and get a "instant classic" certified solo debut album.

That AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN Mr. Crooked I-con..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2011, 12:30:01 PM »
I'll say this. It's on a MUCH smaller scale, so don't take it incredibly literal. BUT, lets not act like when Wu-Tang dropped "36 Chambers" y'all didn't think Method Man was dope as fuck. You didn't need Tical to solidify that opinion.

Slaughterhouse debut was really dope. Coulda used some work in direction of songs, themes, production. Better hook game. Making more songs along the lines of "Move On". But let's say Slaughterhouse, under Shady, drops their second album & it's the dopest shit in a long while. Why doesn't he get that pass Method Man got in '93?

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2011, 01:00:17 PM »
I'll say this. It's on a MUCH smaller scale, so don't take it incredibly literal. BUT, lets not act like when Wu-Tang dropped "36 Chambers" y'all didn't think Method Man was dope as fuck. You didn't need Tical to solidify that opinion.

Slaughterhouse debut was really dope. Coulda used some work in direction of songs, themes, production. Better hook game. Making more songs along the lines of "Move On". But let's say Slaughterhouse, under Shady, drops their second album & it's the dopest shit in a long while. Why doesn't he get that pass Method Man got in '93?

because method man was a new artist and hadn't had a chance to put an album out.

That ain't the case with crooked .

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

west koasting

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2011, 01:23:49 PM »
Crooked should of dropped when boom boom clap hit now he's like what 62 tryna put out his debut album?gtfoh
Bullets aint got no names