Author Topic: Mannie Fresh To Continue Working On Mystikal's Project  (Read 909 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Mannie Fresh To Continue Working On Mystikal's Project
« on: December 15, 2011, 01:39:56 AM »
Despite leaving Cash Money Records over five years ago, Mannie Fresh is still on board at the helm of Mystikal's CMR debut.

This week, New Orleans, Louisiana Hip Hop veteran Mystikal signed a contract to Cash Money Records. The move was controversial to some, as Mystikal was a former star of Cash Money's onetime local rival, No Limit Records. Additionally, the boisterous rapper had been working with former Cash Money star producer and artist Mannie Fresh prior to the signing.

While rumors have swirled that Mannie's longtime seemingly severed ties with Cash Money would prevent the camps from working together, Fresh's spokesperson contacted HipHopDX this morning to confirm the pair wil l continue to work together.

In October, Mannie Fresh admitted to DX that recording sessions with Mystikal were stalled temporarily, but that a project was definitely releasing, "He’s a super talented dude, but you can’t get him to stand still for nothing. So it’s kind of been a hard process with me and Mystikal. But I know it’s gonna happen. And I know he gotta feed his family so he kind of all over the place doing shows. But, you know … it’s gonna happen, that’s all I can tell you."

Fresh and Cash Money parted ways in the mid-'00s after royalty disputes over albums from Lil Wayne, Juvenile, Big Tymers and The Hot Boys. Mannie Fresh was signed to Cash Money for over a decade.

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Mannie Fresh To Continue Working On Mystikal's Project
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, 11:53:58 AM »
who knows.... birdman might pull some bullshit again.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 12:09:43 PM »
I Was Thinkin The Same Thing!!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 12:15:13 PM »
I Was Thinkin The Same Thing!!
that's probably why he signed him. mystikal been home for a while and NOW he gets signed ? somethin' ain't right.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 12:49:40 PM »
Yeah Baby Likely Started Reaching Out Once He Heard Mannie Was In The Picture Tryin To Make Things Happen & Put The Kibosh On That Project By Signing Mystikal. Just A Thought!!

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 04:58:09 PM »
Yeah Baby Likely Started Reaching Out Once He Heard Mannie Was In The Picture Tryin To Make Things Happen & Put The Kibosh On That Project By Signing Mystikal. Just A Thought!!

This.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 09:59:40 PM »
Even though YMCMB is on top of the game, they haven't been the same since Mannie left.

Portugoal

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 07:49:40 AM »
Even though YMCMB is on top of the game, they haven't been the same since Mannie left.

You mean CMR, I assume? Mannie Fresh never produced a Young Money album. C1 was the last Wayne album he produced.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »

You mean CMR, I assume? Mannie Fresh never produced a Young Money album. C1 was the last Wayne album he produced.

It's the same label basically. Young money is just a name, their new brand.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 03:36:24 PM »
there is a version of carter 2 floating around out there with mostly manny beats

Portugoal

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 02:30:45 AM »
there is a version of carter 2 floating around out there with mostly manny beats

Yeah, that version shits on the retail version. Mainstream wise Cash Money has had a lot more success after Mannie Fresh left, but music wise they fell off so hard.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 02:57:52 AM »

Yeah, that version shits on the retail version. Mainstream wise Cash Money has had a lot more success after Mannie Fresh left, but music wise they fell off so hard.

They had more success with mannie. Juvenile still has the biggest album of cash money's history.Remember how big back that azz up was? Or blind bling. Drake and Waynes sales pale in comparison to the old stuff.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 10:49:16 AM »
classic cashmoney >>>>>

Lunatic

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 11:08:45 AM »

Really I've never heard it and Carter 2 is an incredible album, easily Wayne's best. Shits on Carter 2?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 11:35:07 AM »
Mannie Fresh production was the only good thing about Cash Money............