Author Topic: Which rappers do you believe have a negative affect on the listener?  (Read 1405 times)

Raphael

Re: Which rappers do you believe have a negative affect on the listener?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 08:06:22 AM »
Dr. Dre is a hater example because he was just a swaggerish trash talking rapper since Aftermath, not someone who actually wanted to make people think he's a hardcore gangsta.

Really? Have you ever listened to The Chronic? He most definitly wanted people to think he was a hardcore gangsta. Not just with trash talking, but also in his music videos. Dude is pulling guns on people, jacking hoes, you name it.

Not talking about the Death Row era. That was the filth of Suge Knight lurking from the inside.
That's what im saying. He left deathrow because he was sick and tired of gangster rap and the negative influence it had on people. I used to listen to niggaz4life and the chronic all the time when i was a kid but i never took that shit serious. 2Pac on the other hand thought he was some kind of prophet when in fact he was stupid as fuck. I think he compared himself with MLK smh. Listen to "Been there done that" and you can see that dre matured. 2001 was a step backwards but it was mostly the guests that stood for the ignorant lyrics.

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 08:42:42 AM »
That's what im saying. He left deathrow because he was sick and tired of gangster rap and the negative influence it had on people. I used to listen to niggaz4life and the chronic all the time when i was a kid but i never took that shit serious. 2Pac on the other hand thought he was some kind of prophet when in fact he was stupid as fuck. I think he compared himself with MLK smh. Listen to "Been there done that" and you can see that dre matured. 2001 was a step backwards but it was mostly the guests that stood for the ignorant lyrics.

Haha mostly the guests that stood for the ignorant lyrics? It was Dre's album, so if he had "matured" he could have gone for more mature features. Just face it, Dre is STILL trying to act hard.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2011, 09:00:26 AM »
LOL Eminem & Dr. Dre. This nigga straight up said "he wanted people to believe he was a gangsta". How is that a negative affect on the listener? First of all, I don't even know if that is true. Secondly, even if it was, who the fuck cares? There are so many fake artists in rap. It doesn't mean anything. Dre rapped about smoking weed, drinking 40's & fucking bitches. Basically what you're saying is Dre's negative influence is "fooling" the audience into think he's someone that he's not. But really, what's the problem there?

As for Eminem, he rapped about his life; just did it in a violent way. I suppose I understand where Eminem would be negative. But I always thought that was bullshit. It's not his responsibility. He's a rapper. He makes money doing it. Rap at almost all levels isn't good for kids to listen to. Eminem shouldn't have to be different because he was the one that got more popular than the rest. That raw, crazy, angry flow is what got him all the money he has now. He wouldn't have sold without it.

Raphael

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 09:14:21 AM »

Haha mostly the guests that stood for the ignorant lyrics? It was Dre's album, so if he had "matured" he could have gone for more mature features. Just face it, Dre is STILL trying to act hard.
He did it because that's what people wanted to hear in other words he sold out. I'm not going to sit here and defend dre anymore because i don't really give a shit. I'm just saying that 2Pac had more of a negative influence than dre has ever had.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2011, 09:49:20 AM »

How can you say he acted hard on 2001 when he openly says he isn't a thug?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2011, 09:53:58 AM »
Anybody that uses the word "swag" in their raps is not worth listening to.

BINGO.

BLAD BLAN - Based Life All Day Based Life All Night

SWAG!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2011, 03:02:46 PM »
i will say that as a child i bumped the chronic on the regular and it didn't have a bad influence on me or choices i made. can't blame hip hop.....it came from the streets so the music depicts that.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

bouli77

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2011, 03:10:04 PM »
Lynch and Pac must have had a negative influence on some since some cited them as inspiration for shooting people/committing suicide.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2011, 11:59:09 PM »
hello!why yall stuck on pac and dre..silly shit..when theres dumb shit out there like..gucci waka..lil b..SB..and fack ass gang bangers out there like lil wayne and his lover bird man..thats misleading people to throw up gang signs..the east coast really got it bad..Pacs not the problem silly ass BGs..

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2011, 11:32:20 AM »
hello!why yall stuck on pac and dre..silly shit..when theres dumb shit out there like..gucci waka..lil b..SB..and fack ass gang bangers out there like lil wayne and his lover bird man..thats misleading people to throw up gang signs..the east coast really got it bad..Pacs not the problem silly ass BGs..

All those guys you named make party music. I don't understand why you & Brian are too retarded to understand how much softer those "swag" guys are. They basically promote chillin', while looking fresh by towards fashion standards; opposed to Pac who promoted shooting people & "killin' motherfuckin' nigga's drinkin' hennessyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy".

Pac threw up gang signs. He had the biggest drawing in music when he was alive. If it wasn't for him, today's crew wouldn't be throwing up gang signs, stupid.

The question wasn't "what's bad for Hip Hip music?" it was "what has a negative affect?". Brian was seriously negatively affected back in the day. He heard Snoop talkin' about not loving hoes & then he fucked some bitch, had a kid & then walked out. Snoop was instrumental in making Brian an awful father & an even worse human being.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2011, 10:59:27 AM »
i dont see how dre is having a bad influence with his music when a lot of people on the globe enjoy it

A lot of people enjoy drinking themselves into a coma, but that don't make it positive.
bad comparison. you sound like a conservative politician.

didnt you see that video with him and snoop performing recently? that was in singapore. so you're saying its a bad thing that people like his music & want to see him perform?

2euce 7even

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2011, 12:46:28 AM »
2Pac. Because he encouraged people to not be themselves and put on a fake act instead. That's why we have rappers like Rick Ross today.

2pac was the realest rapper in history.  He bared his soul on records, and gave everything he had to his artistry.

+1

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2011, 08:33:54 AM »
the only music that has negative affect on listeners is that shit that got these clowns dressin fugazi as hell. all tight everything. tight shit is for females.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2011, 08:38:19 AM »
2Pac by far. His stans turn a blind eye to actual factual aspects of his life that disprove this concept of his "realness" (as seen by responses in this thread). This encourages the same type of behavior when it comes to other topics, like religion, politics, history etc. and what we end up with is a bunch of ignorant people stuck in their ignorant ways because they refuse to do the knowledge with any kind of logical reasoning beyond overzealousness.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 08:40:25 AM by Spice 2 sees the bitch in you »

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2011, 04:41:41 PM »
Here's my list of rappers that have the most positive affect on fans versus most negative...

Most positive

1.  2pac-  2pac was a great artist and he spoke from the heart.  He was a broadly intelligent brother, and he reached out to the disenfranchised and gave them hope when the rest of the world had forgotten about them.

2.  Mos Def-  This cat did a lot for conscious hip-hop.  Rapping with knowledge and integrity at a time when ignorance had started to take over hip-hop in the late 90's.

3.  Dr. Dre-  For having great taste in music.  Whenever Dre is on top of hip-hop the rest of the game follows him and even your average rappers end up being dope.  Whenever Dre disapears from the scene shit starts to get wack again and bitches take it over.

Most negative

1.  Cash Money artists-   Notice how much women love Cash Money artists?   Hip-Hop in it's golden era was empowerment music for males.  It was a male dominated sport and if women wanted to be down they had to follow.   Cash Money changed that shit around and it's the women that have really driven their succcess and the men follow.  That's because most of their music doesn't challenge the mind, and it's easy on the listener and club shit with catchy hooks that bitches like.  They don't push the envelope conceptually (unless you consider Lil Wayne playing a guitar as pushing the envelop, lol).

2.  Jay Z-  This dude is part of the reason hip-hop is all about swag and image over artistry.  It's a case of a great marketing manipulating the fans.   Everyone following social proof.  I remember when Jay-Z came out they were already touting him as the greatest, and if you look at their ads for Rockawear they have them in clubs with white models and champagne glasses, it's clear they are selling an image.  People are buying into an image of swag and left empty at the end of the day.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)