Author Topic: Which rappers do you believe have a negative affect on the listener?  (Read 1403 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Which rappers do you believe have a negative affect on the listener?
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2011, 08:54:52 PM »
^You completely scream "I'm a loser!" right there. I can acknowledge the first three names being better rappers than the "negative" guys. But what? You basically say you dress like a fucking bum & refuse to go to clubs because women aren't being degraded & don't like the fact women enjoy listening to the music.

You're also an idiot for acting like Lil' Wayne & Jay-Z invented songs for women to listen to & rap about their clothes.

You're also a fucking moron for acting like in this "golden age of Hip Hop", there weren't guys who made music for the clubs & for women.

It's a business. Music & every single one of it's genre's has been a business since Bach & Mozart. You make music that other people will like & go out & buy or pay for to see. You think Biggie liked that Juicy beat? Nigga was probably laughing in the studio at Puffy. Then Puff was like "you rap over this, we're making millions". The rest is history. See, even in your "golden age" the music was still looked at from a business perspective.

& above all, you're fucking mentally retarded for flawing your own logic. Notice for your "negatives" all you did was talk about what Wayne & Jay rap about. For your "positives" you said "Oh, he had great taste. He was a smart man". When in reality Pac was rapping about killing people & riding to the death for his homies & shooting anyone who got in his way. If you look at the actual content on the LISTENER (which is what you made the thread about), Jay & Wayne have no negative affect. They make music that is radio friendly & for everyone. You said yourself, women love it. Pac wanted to kill people.

Now abandon this thread, you pussy.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2011, 09:03:47 PM »
lmao I can't believe this fool actually said that Cash Money had a negative affect on listeners for empowering women.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2011, 09:39:17 PM »

It's a business. Music & every single one of it's genre's has been a business since Bach & Mozart. You make music that other people will like & go out & buy or pay for to see. You think Biggie liked that Juicy beat? Nigga was probably laughing in the studio at Puffy. Then Puff was like "you rap over this, we're making millions". The rest is history. See, even in your "golden age" the music was still looked at from a business perspective.

We aren't talking about business...  We are talking about the affect music has on a listener.  If my thread was, "Which rappers are the best businessmen" then I would give props to Jay and Puffy first.  Because Jay is so great at marketing he fooled millions of mutherfuckers to believe he was more than just an average rapper.

& above all, you're fucking mentally retarded for flawing your own logic. Notice for your "negatives" all you did was talk about what Wayne & Jay rap about. For your "positives" you said "Oh, he had great taste. He was a smart man". When in reality Pac was rapping about killing people & riding to the death for his homies & shooting anyone who got in his way. If you look at the actual content on the LISTENER (which is what you made the thread about), Jay & Wayne have no negative affect. They make music that is radio friendly & for everyone. You said yourself, women love it. Pac wanted to kill people.

No, Pac was attacking the "bling" from a totally different angle.  Pac was way deeper and I'm not surprised that you are unable to pick up on the depth of what Pac was bringing.  See Pac said in an interview the only reason he rapped about "ice/bling/jewels/etc." was to inspire people living in poverty, that he had came from nothing and he had came up to that.  So in other words he was trying to empower the poor and disenfranchised.  

While in the case of Cash Money they are throwing money in the people's faces, like "I got this shit, look at ya'll, ya'll ain't got shit".  That's the message they are sending.

...also a last note is that Pac would wear what he called "old-school jewels".  If you look at his fat rings he were and fat necklaces etc. that shit is linked to the old-school and shows respect to the pioneers of hip-hop.  Cash Money never shows love to the old school that laid the foundation of true hip-hop culture.  And that was a distinct style Pac promoted, and even that makes Pacs moves more down to Earth and builds a connection with the masses of fans.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:46:20 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2011, 11:17:22 PM »
^Like I said earlier, you're living proof Pac had a negative affect on the listener. If you truly believe that shit you're dishing out, you're insane.

& don't say "this isn't about business", dumbass. Both Jay & Wayne were in that transformation period from hardcore mainstream to today's mainstream. Their styles changed & your extreme biased dislike of them is based off that & the fact they both stayed relevant while changing their appearances.

Bottom line, you sound dumb. Your entire defense of Pac is that "he didn't rap about having bling. He rapped to inspired other blacks to go get it". Not only can you not prove that to me because that's your insane imagination talking, but FAR more importantly, you're just completely dodging all the songs about "Fuck you, your bitch too, I'ma kill you!".

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PkLWORDWJys" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PkLWORDWJys</a>

This whole thing he talks about how he was inspired by other artists lol.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2011, 01:20:07 AM »
Hit Em Up was socially responsible and didn't have a negative effect on anybody.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2011, 10:36:59 AM »
Hit Em Up was socially responsible and didn't have a negative effect on anybody.

LOL. Yeah, true. It only sparked years of fighting between the East & West coast & led to deaths & the murders of both Biggie & Pac. :P

Brian is a fucking idiot.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2011, 10:41:08 AM »
Bottom line, you sound dumb. Your entire defense of Pac is that "he didn't rap about having bling. He rapped to inspired other blacks to go get it". Not only can you not prove that to me because that's your insane imagination talking, but FAR more importantly, you're just completely dodging all the songs about "Fuck you, your bitch too, I'ma kill you!".

What's funny is Infinite is coming up with that explanation out of thin air when someone like Jay-Z has actually explained why he raps the way he does and been honest with his fans:

"If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be
Lyrically Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did 5 mill' - I ain't been rhyming like Common since
When your cents got that much in common
And you been hustling since, your inception
Fuck perception. Go with what makes sense
Since I know what I'm up against
We as rappers must decide what's most important
And I can't help the poor if I'm one of them
So I got rich and gave back, to me that's the win/win
So next time you see the homey and his rims spin
Just know my mind is working just like them"

That right there is more realer than anything Pac has ever said.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: December 26, 2011, 10:51:07 AM »
^Exactly. Pac was a hypocrite. You can't have a song like "Changes" & then make songs like "When We Ride On Our Enemies".

Plus Pac was always telling his listeners not to even trust your friends & shit.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #53 on: December 26, 2011, 11:51:32 AM »
^ Yeah, I mean as an artist I love Pac, but I hate when people act like he's the undisputed greatest and was some saint who died a noble death for no reason.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2011, 02:04:36 PM »
it was an ignorant record biggie shoulda really got at dude. but that's all water under the bridge now.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #55 on: December 26, 2011, 02:15:28 PM »
Onyx and Lil Jon-songs,, ppl were actually throwin chairs

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #56 on: December 26, 2011, 02:20:32 PM »
Pac has always been and will always be bigger than Hip Hop. 

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #57 on: December 26, 2011, 02:25:28 PM »

just like Will Smith

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #58 on: December 26, 2011, 02:28:41 PM »
no encee is bigger than hip hop.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2011, 03:00:21 PM »
Pac is