Author Topic: How could Jay-Z ever make a song as cold as Nas "Last Real Nigga"?!  (Read 752 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Every year at this time since the album was released in Dec. 02', I have to dust off Nas' "God's Son" album and play it out as the snow is hittin the ground... 

...and I was thinking... how the fuck can anyone listen to Nas "Last Real Nigga" off the God's Son album and ever be stupid enough to say that Jay-Z could fuck with Nas?   Biggie's "Kick In The Door" isn't better than "Last Real Nigga" but at least it's in the same league and we can argue about who's greater Big or Nas or even Raekwon, but Jay-Z could never make a track as cold as "Last Real Nigga".  He just doesn't have it in him.  You have to be a real mutherfucker to make some bombass shit like that.   Jay just ain't capable of it.

And on that note, the album God's Son can't be fucked with.  Only Pac's Me Against the World can match it's level of introspection, meditative flows, that could inspire both joy and tears simultaneously.  
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:03:18 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jimmy H.

Re: How could Jay-Z ever make a song as cold as Nas "Last Real Nigga"?!
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 09:58:24 AM »
Just don't agree. Jay got some strong one in his catalog. And if you think Pac is the only one who can match what Nas did there, you need to expand your search. Start with Cormega.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 10:04:16 AM »
Just don't agree. Jay got some strong one in his catalog. And if you think Pac is the only one who can match what Nas did there, you need to expand your search. Start with Cormega.

Give me one Jay or Cormega song that could fuck with the shit Nas was doing on "God's Son".  Like I said, the only album that can fill the lane Nas was at with "God's Son" is Pac's "Me Against The World".

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 10:40:35 AM »
Jigga wishes he had Nas' catalog.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 11:25:23 AM »
You're an idiot.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 12:01:26 PM »
You're an idiot.

Still not intelligent enough to express yourself and still relying on snide remarks like a bitch, huh?

TT Makaveli

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 01:04:42 PM »
Jigga wishes he had Nas' catalog.

yeah and Nas wishes he had Jay-Zs money  ;D

but yeah Nas >>>>> Jay-Z

Al Bundy

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 02:36:00 PM »
I don't even find the point of recommending you any of Cormega's music with your ass-backwards attitude on music BUT if you're willing to get your head out of your ass, I do recommend his albums "The Realness" & "The True Meaning." Both are great albums and Cormega is one hell of a rapper.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 03:30:26 PM »
Why do you make these threads? Most of us know that you worship Nas and hate the shit out of Jigga...

kemizt

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 04:08:08 PM »
I don't even find the point of recommending you any of Cormega's music with your ass-backwards attitude on music BUT if you're willing to get your head out of your ass, I do recommend his albums "The Realness" & "The True Meaning." Both are great albums and Cormega is one hell of a rapper.

This. Cormega is criminally slept on. He's in my top ten and the realness is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 05:30:24 PM »
It will probably be hard for a hardcore Nas groupie to get behind Mega's music given the issues he's had with Nas but if you want to hear a rapper speak on some real shit from the heart go with the following:

Live Ya Life
The Saga
Love In, Love Out
Introspective
Beautiful Mind
The Bond
They Forced My Hand
Loyalty
R U My Nigga?

In terms of writing deep, heart-felt lyrics, he's in the same cateogory as a Tupac or Scarface, in my opinion. Like others have said, criminally underrated artist.

As for Jay-Z, he got "Minority Report", "Still Got Love For You", "This Can't Be Life", "Where Have You Been", "Ignorant Shit", and countless others. People like to hate a little on him because he's more commercial than some of their favorite rappers but the guy's a better artist than he really gets credit for.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 05:52:52 PM »
You're an idiot.

Still not intelligent enough to express yourself and still relying on snide remarks like a bitch, huh?

I'd respond with something more harsh, but then you'd just completely ignore it or just abandon the entire thread all together.

But anyway, allow me to solidify my statement. "You're an idiot..." because nobody has ever said Jay-Z is better than Nas. So taking great Nas songs & saying "this is why Jay-Z sucks" is just idiotic. We get it. You're a stan of a certain era of Hip Hop & at the time, your idol Tupac wasn't the biggest fan of Jay-Z. Therefore, you dislike him. It's either that or the fact Jay is relevant today; but regardless, you're a bitter hater with no actual base to call Jay a poor rapper. I think you tried to say he couldn't paint a picture enough for you, but then when somebody threw Snoop Dogg saying "fa shizzle my nizzle" & nonsense like that, you just said "yeah, that's poetic". Then you try to speak to me about intelligence. Hence why I figured just calling you an idiot would suffice.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 05:55:09 PM »
^^^^^Speaking of you completely abandoning threads, I just noticed after making that post you chose to respond to me here, but ran away from that "Which artists have a negative affect on the listener thread". You're a pussy.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 06:06:20 PM »
You're an idiot.

I'd respond with something more harsh, but then you'd just completely ignore it or just abandon the entire thread all together.

But anyway, allow me to solidify my statement. "You're an idiot..." because nobody has ever said Jay-Z is better than Nas. So taking great Nas songs & saying "this is why Jay-Z sucks" is just idiotic. We get it. You're a stan of a certain era of Hip Hop & at the time, your idol Tupac wasn't the biggest fan of Jay-Z. Therefore, you dislike him. It's either that or the fact Jay is relevant today; but regardless, you're a bitter hater with no actual base to call Jay a poor rapper. I think you tried to say he couldn't paint a picture enough for you, but then when somebody threw Snoop Dogg saying "fa shizzle my nizzle" & nonsense like that, you just said "yeah, that's poetic". Then you try to speak to me about intelligence. Hence why I figured just calling you an idiot would suffice.

LOL.

Anyways, I'm a big Nas fan, was never a huge fan of that song or album though.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 06:31:10 PM »
god son is the most overrated album in nas catalog

not saying theres not gems on there but he was just coming off his stillmatic buzz and that album dont compare at all.

imo gods son isnt much better then nastradamus.