Author Topic: Classic for today - Snoop Doggy Dogg "The Genie" featuring Bad Azz & Bo Roc  (Read 2232 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

imo that shit contained some of the worst Snoop-material ever, this song included.

Snoops Death Row leftovers >>>>>>>>> 99% of Snoop's output since 2002.

nope, not at all

you'd hail a "song" when Snoop is mumbling incoherently over an unfinished Daz-instrumenal wit a random off-the-dome freestyle, (which a WideAwake executive digged up from a dusty DAT), as a "masterpiece" just becuz its from 1996 or 97.  ::)

judging the quality of songs, because of a year-tag is silly and naive

at the end of the day its all subjective,
but musicaly, "death row - lost sessions" was ütter crap

MUHFUKKA

youre trippin mike maybe you should relisten, i agree that most of the shit on there was unfinished sloppy shit that only the worst kind of euros care about but the genie was dope. I bet with a few more hours tweaking it and putting it on doggfather or whatever and wed all know it word for word

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

bouli77

you'd hail a "song" when Snoop is mumbling incoherently over an unfinished Daz-instrumenal wit a random off-the-dome freestyle, (which a WideAwake executive digged up from a dusty DAT), as a "masterpiece" just becuz its from 1996 or 97.  ::)

agreed, a lot of songs from the death row era, or the doggfather era more specifically (including a bunch of songs on the doggfather) has snoop mumbling over dull/unfinished instrumentals... that includes a lot of tracks from Dead Man Walking and Lost Sessions

youre trippin mike maybe you should relisten, i agree that most of the shit on there was unfinished sloppy shit that only the worst kind of euros care about but the genie was dope. I bet with a few more hours tweaking it and putting it on doggfather or whatever and wed all know it word for word

+1. but just for The Genie and DOggystyle in CDQ, Lost Sessions was worth it.

Fresh Bone

I always wondered what were Death Row / Snoop thinking when they compiled 'Tha Doggfather'.
It was possibly the most anticipated rap album at the time. Snoop recorded so many sick tunes in and around that time:

C-Walkin'
May I
Street Life
Midnight Love
Hit Rocks
Gangsta Walk, etc,

But instead, they decided to release that piece of shit.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
I always wondered what were Death Row / Snoop thinking when they compiled 'Tha Doggfather'.
It was possibly the most anticipated rap album at the time. Snoop recorded so many sick tunes in and around that time:

C-Walkin'
May I
Street Life
Midnight Love
Hit Rocks
Gangsta Walk, etc,

But instead, they decided to release that piece of shit.

Im sure some of it had to have been about sample clearances. I think Doggfather was dope tho, but that's just me.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace

agreed, a lot of songs from the death row era, or the doggfather era more specifically (including a bunch of songs on the doggfather) has snoop mumbling over dull/unfinished instrumentals... that includes a lot of tracks from Dead Man Walking and Lost Sessions

+1. but just for The Genie and DOggystyle in CDQ, Lost Sessions was worth it.

not really CDQ, but good enough to listen to

BiggBoogaBiff

bumped

http://www.mediafire.com/?vix4so11lrr6t3d

*i just wanted to hook everybody up.  i know y'all probably don't wanna hear this shit no more (becuz we've been playing it since day wizzun) but this is for memories sake.  

enjoy

WestSideDon

Got that song on repeat now, dope Track

Sccit

still waiting on lost sessions vol 2 :'(

HighEyeCue

That's a dope reworking of Tha Doggfather album 8)