Author Topic: [News] Wideawake Death Row Records plans for 2012  (Read 1872 times)

papa-smurf

Re: [News] Wideawake Death Row Records plans for 2012
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2011, 09:25:24 PM »
I a atke some unreleased dpg.but if they wonna make some money,they need 2 released a unreleased 2pac album.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »
snoop doggy's greatest hits again, .......funny
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, 11:48:35 PM »
Tha Don Fatha sayz :

2012 gonna B the 20th anniversary of Death Row Records.

A special year for special plans :

CD RELEASES CONFIRMED :
- Two complilations of the most requested artists
- Unreleased Dogg Pound Gangstaz album
- Snoop Doggy Dogg Greatest Hits (with unreleased tracks)
- Possibly 2 other Death Row releases

VARIOUS :
- Major promotions throught out the year
- International projects from audio to video releases (documentaries...)
- Death Row rap rivals application (coming early 2012)
- Video complilations

(source : Private message from John Payne, Death Row Records CEO)

Press should start rolling out within the next few weeks, so stay tuned.
Thanks for the info man but i'm pretty sure if John Payne sent you that in a private message he probably didnt want it to be known by everybody just yet. I wouldn't expect him to let you in on anymore info from now on since you posted it.

TOP SECRET INFO LEAK: a bunch of garbage and a dpg album with probably no unheard material will make their way to amazon.com for 2 days on a glorified cd-r before they go out of print and wide awake folds.

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 02:57:35 AM »
yippee. a great fucking label , more collections and shit.

doggfather

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 04:54:24 AM »
the slost session was aight.

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Mista Rosa

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 05:23:35 AM »
They need to release some Nate Dogg.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Jimmy H.

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 06:22:20 AM »
Wideawake releases always look at least decent on paper but they've yet to give us one that actually delivered so it's hard to even get remotely excited about one at this point.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 10:11:10 AM »
Wideawake releases always look at least decent on paper but they've yet to give us one that actually delivered so it's hard to even get remotely excited about one at this point.

i think the best WA release is the LBC Crew album

Okka

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 10:17:14 AM »

I thought that Nate Dogg took most of his records with him when he left Death Row.

Matty

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 10:24:12 AM »

funnily enough the Efrain remaster shits all over the official release. WA just haven't got any idea of how to handle the business.

the Danny Boy release was a good one on paper and the potential was there, but again the sound quality was terrible. they use the excuse that the DAT tapes are in poor condition etc, but that doesn't change the fact that a forum cat (albeit one with some reasonable equipment) was able to take one of their releases and make it sound significantly better. that's shameful.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 04:43:33 AM »

funnily enough the Efrain remaster shits all over the official release. WA just haven't got any idea of how to handle the business.

the Danny Boy release was a good one on paper and the potential was there, but again the sound quality was terrible. they use the excuse that the DAT tapes are in poor condition etc, but that doesn't change the fact that a forum cat (albeit one with some reasonable equipment) was able to take one of their releases and make it sound significantly better. that's shameful.

nonetheless they release material which would`ve stayed unheard forever. so i still support them in hope that they don't repeat another worthless album like street scholars again. of course the quality should be better but atleast they deliver something for the die hard fans

Paolo

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 04:57:45 AM »
i'm agree with giezus !

Matty

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 05:08:20 AM »

nonetheless they release material which would`ve stayed unheard forever. so i still support them in hope that they don't repeat another worthless album like street scholars again. of course the quality should be better but atleast they deliver something for the die hard fans

true say. but the downside is because the music will probably never be restored properly now. a lot better than nothing, but frustrating they don't know what they're doing with the masters.

Mista Rosa

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 05:24:07 AM »

I thought that Nate Dogg took most of his records with him when he left Death Row.

He took the solo material he was working one but I'm sure they got a couple of hooks in the vaults. Maybe they just can't release them.

& somebody in here said their was unreleased Nate Dogg songs listed on the Court papers regarding DR's auction.
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Okka

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 05:34:59 AM »

He took the solo material he was working one but I'm sure they got a couple of hooks in the vaults. Maybe they just can't release them.

& somebody in here said their was unreleased Nate Dogg songs listed on the Court papers regarding DR's auction.

Yeah, i'm sure they do. Hopefully they can release the material. Does anybody have the court papers?