Author Topic: [News] Wideawake Death Row Records plans for 2012  (Read 1868 times)

donfathaimmortal

Re: [News] Wideawake Death Row Records plans for 2012
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 06:43:37 AM »
Tha Don Fatha sayz :

Nate Dogg unreleased material from the auction list :

nate dogg - be real 10/29/95
nate dogg - boom, boom, boom
nate dogg - dat's gangsta
nate dogg, daz - i thought u knew
nate dogg - i want you
nate dogg - last time
nate dogg - may be Christmas
nate dogg - million man
nate dogg - no more 40s
nate dogg - something's wrong
nate dogg - untitled
nate dogg - untitled 2
nate dogg - untitled 3
nate dogg - untitled 1/18/95
nate dogg - untitled (slow song) 8/28/96

Plus :
snoop, nate dogg, warren g - dope slang
snoop, kurupt, nate dogg - every single day (original)
dogg pound, nate dogg - untitled

« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:48:14 AM by donfathaimmortal »
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

HighEyeCue

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 07:58:42 AM »
Tha Don Fatha sayz

Kurupt's verse on this :o

hopefully not the edited version

Will_B

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 08:17:50 AM »
They need to release some Nate Dogg.

I thought that Nate Dogg took most of his records with him when he left Death Row.

He took the solo material he was working one but I'm sure they got a couple of hooks in the vaults. Maybe they just can't release them.

& somebody in here said their was unreleased Nate Dogg songs listed on the Court papers regarding DR's auction.

Yeah, i'm sure they do. Hopefully they can release the material. Does anybody have the court papers?

Portugoal

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 08:51:10 AM »
Can somebody tell me if this is official or fanmade?
http://rekinco.blogspot.com/2012/01/eastwood-escape-from-death-row-2012.html

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 10:14:07 AM »
Can somebody tell me if this is official or fanmade?
http://rekinco.blogspot.com/2012/01/eastwood-escape-from-death-row-2012.html

FANMADE::::::::

Eastwood works with Master P now.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Mista Rosa

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2012, 10:46:27 AM »
Tha Don Fatha sayz :

Nate Dogg unreleased material from the auction list :

nate dogg - be real 10/29/95
nate dogg - boom, boom, boom
nate dogg - dat's gangsta
nate dogg, daz - i thought u knew
nate dogg - i want you
nate dogg - last time
nate dogg - may be Christmas
nate dogg - million man
nate dogg - no more 40s
nate dogg - something's wrong
nate dogg - untitled
nate dogg - untitled 2
nate dogg - untitled 3
nate dogg - untitled 1/18/95
nate dogg - untitled (slow song) 8/28/96

Plus :
snoop, nate dogg, warren g - dope slang
dogg pound, nate dogg - untitled

Man if that's true then that's nice! What they're waiting on to release some ?!! Shit they even got enough songs to do a complete album!! Man they better wake up!
"There's one more thing I'd really like for you to do, never leave me alone..."

Will_B

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2012, 11:15:28 AM »
Word. They need to get a deal signed with Nate's estate.

Unforgivable by Sean John

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2012, 11:33:30 AM »
I thought you knew by Nate Dogg and Daz leaked in low quality and its really nothing special.

beat is completely unfinished, i'm pretty sure every lyric on the song was reused in another song.

nothing against nate and daz - clearly just a prototype song that was reassembled into better songs.

so is the rule NO dre beats anymore? even if there are no dre vocals on the songs?

i mean, this does not have to ruin the releases. i'm sure there are enough fantastic beats in the vaults by daz, barney, sneed, and lt hutton. kevyn lewis was talented too.

the sam sneed leak gave me hope that there is still gold in the vault. barney sounded like he was all over the keys on that album. surprisingly, it was sam and drauma going back and forth all day, not very much j-flexx.

but i digress.... there is still probably gold in that vault. whether they release it and/or clean up the sound quality is up to them.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2012, 08:22:55 PM »
Wideawake releases always look at least decent on paper but they've yet to give us one that actually delivered so it's hard to even get remotely excited about one at this point.

i think the best WA release is the LBC Crew album

funnily enough the Efrain remaster shits all over the official release. WA just haven't got any idea of how to handle the business.

the Danny Boy release was a good one on paper and the potential was there, but again the sound quality was terrible. they use the excuse that the DAT tapes are in poor condition etc, but that doesn't change the fact that a forum cat (albeit one with some reasonable equipment) was able to take one of their releases and make it sound significantly better. that's shameful.

nonetheless they release material which would`ve stayed unheard forever. so i still support them in hope that they don't repeat another worthless album like street scholars again. of course the quality should be better but atleast they deliver something for the die hard fans

Efrain did such a good job of the LBC album they should just pay him to fix shit up, fly him out for a couple of weeks. Whoever is handling the mixing / mastering over there hasn't got a clue

Jimmy H.

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2012, 10:17:43 PM »
nonetheless they release material which would`ve stayed unheard forever. so i still support them in hope that they don't repeat another worthless album like street scholars again. of course the quality should be better but atleast they deliver something for the die hard fans
Sorry but I don't share your enthusiasm for mediocre presentation. It's not some kind of "reward" for the fans to pay money for a product that was put together cheaply. Assuming the rumors of them not being able to put out any Dre production from here on out are true. They had one chance to legally release "Doggystyle" and those other Dre tracks and they did it through a half-assed mixing job so they could save a few bucks. They bought the rights to the entire Death Row catalog and they can't even throw some money into actually making the shit sound good?

acgrundy

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2012, 11:02:37 PM »
Sorry but I don't share your enthusiasm for mediocre presentation. It's not some kind of "reward" for the fans to pay money for a product that was put together cheaply. Assuming the rumors of them not being able to put out any Dre production from here on out are true. They had one chance to legally release "Doggystyle" and those other Dre tracks and they did it through a half-assed mixing job so they could save a few bucks. They bought the rights to the entire Death Row catalog and they can't even throw some money into actually making the shit sound good?

I'm not making any excuses, but...

Sorry this is just simply a bad investment. I think at this point it is just trying to keep the losses at a minimum. People just don't buy rap cd's anymore, especially old death row material...that is just the way it is. I mean the reality is that the biggest fan base of this music product...they are all over the internet and everyone of them knows how to get it for free. The only people who will buy it are those who really want the hard copy in their collection, or the few who really feel like they should support wide awake.

they throw some more money into getting a better mixing/mastering job, its not like they will have some huge increase in sales. It will increase sales to an extent but I doubt it would even cover the extra costs of the better mixing/mastering.

Don't get me wrong, I really want the music to sound better, but I don't think it will happen unless some sound engineer decides to volunteer his time. Either that or they don't care about making profit, and they will pay someone and lose more money just to keep the music alive. I doubt that will happen. That is just the reality of the situtation.

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 12:36:28 AM »
They should hook up a Bluray with all the videos HD.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 12:56:12 AM »
I'm not making any excuses, but...

Sorry this is just simply a bad investment. I think at this point it is just trying to keep the losses at a minimum. People just don't buy rap cd's anymore, especially old death row material...that is just the way it is. I mean the reality is that the biggest fan base of this music product...they are all over the internet and everyone of them knows how to get it for free. The only people who will buy it are those who really want the hard copy in their collection, or the few who really feel like they should support wide awake.

they throw some more money into getting a better mixing/mastering job, its not like they will have some huge increase in sales. It will increase sales to an extent but I doubt it would even cover the extra costs of the better mixing/mastering.

Don't get me wrong, I really want the music to sound better, but I don't think it will happen unless some sound engineer decides to volunteer his time. Either that or they don't care about making profit, and they will pay someone and lose more money just to keep the music alive. I doubt that will happen. That is just the reality of the situtation.
The reality of the situation is they paid to buy a music catalog. It is not a bad investment to pay someone to mix the music right so the beat doesn't drown out the vocals. As bad as music sales are, there is still money in established material and with the right marketing, this could have gone on over pretty well. If it is not profitable to press CD's up, you don't do it at all. If you're going to do it and put promotion behind it, the music should be held to a certain quality expectation. Regardless of CD sales, by buying the catalog, they own the rights to everything Death Row. They're getting the publishing points on all those songs and albums. They can put out calenders, T-shirts, whatever the fuck they want with label logos and artist likenesses. Any time a movie wants to use music from that era, they get paid. Any time an artist samples production or song lyrics, that's a publishing check. With any reasonablly intelligent business person at the helm, this label should be making profit without even having to touch the unreleased stuff.

The mixing and mastering is less about increasing sales as it is satisfying the customers who already bought it. Is it coincidental that after the three big releases (Chronic Re-Lit, Snoop: Lost Sessions, DR Box Set), their releases went from Best Buy end caps to not being found in nearly any major retailers anywhere? Their stuff sounds like corner bodega CD-R bootleg stuff. If they were really trying to cut costs, they could go for the xerox black and white computer paper covers with misspelled song names. But then who would buy it? Is anyone seeing where I'm going with this? If they can afford the kind of packaging and artwork design they put into Relit and the Ultimate Death Row Collection, they can throw a few bucks into finding someone who knows how to make the ACTUAL MUSIC sound right. Why does the version of LBC Crew I got for free on this message board sound way better than the one I paid $15 for from the people who run a million-dollar company? Is it safe to assume that the majority of people on this board would rather have physical copies of these albums for the pretty artwork as opposed to an acceptable CDQ version of the music?

doggfather

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 01:19:34 AM »
They should hook up a Bluray with all the videos HD.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 01:19:55 AM »
Tha Don Fatha sayz :

^ Like Jimmy H. said, Widewake own & manage a catalog which contains West Coast classics and a famous Rap brand : Death Row.

Happy 20th B-Day Death Row, tha electricc chair iz still smoccin.