Author Topic: T.I. - Fuck Da City Up Mixtape (Discussion Thread) !  (Read 1672 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: T.I. - Fuck Da City Up Mixtape (Discussion Thread) !
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2012, 01:24:45 AM »
A few of the "trap" sounding tracks I could do without, and there are too many guests but there's a lot of album quality tracks here. Popped Off, Oh Yeah, The One and Fuck Da City Up are probably the highlights. I really hope that Jeezy and T.I. album happens, two of the dopest from the south and they work well together.
imo the tape is sick and every song jams if i could change anything the beat on in a nutshell woulda been done by another producer like maybe danja.

T.I.'s your favourite artist so that's to be expected homie, I could never get into Trap music when it's not mixed properly or sounds uninspired. That's just my opinion though. As I mentioned it's a dope mixtape with some real bangers just too many guests and a few monotonous tracks

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2012, 02:16:42 AM »
this dre track is  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) collabo of the year.

the track is good but niggaz really thinkin this is collabo of the year? i guess sometimes i forget this is a west coast forum and people will love anything dre does. but imo there are better collabos on this tape, nevermind the whole damn rap game

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2012, 07:11:12 AM »

the track is good but niggaz really thinkin this is collabo of the year? i guess sometimes i forget this is a west coast forum and people will love anything dre does. but imo there are better collabos on this tape, nevermind the whole damn rap game
then you're not checking the main section enough, there's quite a few bickering about dre

Slightly Less Sleazy

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 11:46:13 AM »
The best song is "Oh Yeah". It's just crazy. A melodic (but still banging) piano beat with Trey Songz doing some kinda one man boy choir on it and then... T.I. goes SO FUCKING HARD.  ;D Both in delivery and content. The contrast really works. Capisce king of the leash.

And the beat to "In A Nutshell" is awesome IMO. In fact it's like sex. Seriously. It builds up towards the end in some kind of harmonic motion so you can zone out to it and then at the end when those synths kick in I swear I almost have an orgasm. No homo lol.

Been bumping it for 10 days straight now. Can't remember the last time when I've been so into an album. And I haven't even been much of a T.I. fan since "King", before this.. I think one part of why I'm so into it is that the whole album is on some motivation / positive self image stuff I wanna hear right now, the good kind of arrogance.. Don't wanna hear someone whine about how everything sucks or whatever, not that there isn't a time and place for that too.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2012, 03:16:22 PM »

i get what u sayin. i think the t.i./ dr. dre collabo was a big deal and what they got for the album may be better but as a fan i've been anticipating a collab from the two since urban legend/king.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2012, 03:35:50 PM »

i get what u sayin. i think the t.i./ dr. dre collabo was a big deal and what they got for the album may be better but as a fan i've been anticipating a collab from the two since urban legend/king.

yeah i guess it is exciting since the only detox leak worth fuckin with was that t.i track that came out a while back.

Lunatic

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2012, 03:37:53 PM »
so D.O.P.E. is Spodee, Young Booke & Rich Kid Shad (or Shawty - he goes by both). Individually, Spodee can be heard on "In a Nutshell", Booke on "Who What When" and Shad on "On Purpose."

They're working on a debut Grand Hustle mixtape now.

I looked into it because that "Harry Potter" record is insane  8) I also like their other record I heard, "How It Look" produced by Lil C
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2012, 03:56:18 PM »
so D.O.P.E. is Spodee, Young Booke & Rich Kid Shad (or Shawty - he goes by both). Individually, Spodee can be heard on "In a Nutshell", Booke on "Who What When" and Shad on "On Purpose."

They're working on a debut Grand Hustle mixtape now.

I looked into it because that "Harry Potter" record is insane  8) I also like their other record I heard, "How It Look" produced by Lil C
they dope.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

jeanmiche777

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2012, 09:36:10 PM »
The best song is "Oh Yeah". It's just crazy. A melodic (but still banging) piano beat with Trey Songz doing some kinda one man boy choir on it and then... T.I. goes SO FUCKING HARD.  ;D Both in delivery and content. The contrast really works. Capisce king of the leash.

And the beat to "In A Nutshell" is awesome IMO. In fact it's like sex. Seriously. It builds up towards the end in some kind of harmonic motion so you can zone out to it and then at the end when those synths kick in I swear I almost have an orgasm. No homo lol.

Been bumping it for 10 days straight now. Can't remember the last time when I've been so into an album. And I haven't even been much of a T.I. fan since "King", before this.. I think one part of why I'm so into it is that the whole album is on some motivation / positive self image stuff I wanna hear right now, the good kind of arrogance.. Don't wanna hear someone whine about how everything sucks or whatever, not that there isn't a time and place for that too.

???

Slightly Less Sleazy

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2012, 10:10:25 PM »
You got some kinda question for me mr dj?

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2012, 03:27:52 AM »
yeah postin a smiley with no text like that is kinda weak. if u gonna speak then speak.

swe iz active

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2012, 10:41:53 AM »
Of course the track dre produced were the best on the album for suure, Overall the album was banging  8) 8)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »
almost time for trouble man  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2012, 12:51:59 AM »

What's the date?

HighEyeCue

« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2012, 06:47:10 AM »

What's the date?

don't know if there is an official date but I heard its tentatively scheduled for sometime in February