Author Topic: Bishop Lamont - Sodom and Gomorrah *1st Single off The Reformation*  (Read 1033 times)

B.Lamont Fan

• Lil Geezy
Re: Bishop Lamont - Sodom and Gomorrah *1st Single off The Reformation*
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 11:14:02 AM »
Nice song, but I expected more for a single which appears on a Bishop album... It's especially the beat which disappoints me.

I hope the other tracks will be better

Will_B

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 11:39:11 AM »
Nice song, but I expected more for a single which appears on a Bishop album... It's especially the beat which disappoints me.

Actually much better than I expected.

Sounds perfect for an album track, not single material IMO.

sofdark

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 12:47:13 AM »
I don't think it has the fire power to get people hyped up for Reformation. This Khalil wannabe beat just proves to me how amazing Khalil is.

soso92fr

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 12:44:36 PM »
Sodom and gomorrah is the reference from Bible, these kingdoms are synonymous with impenitent sin, and their fall with a proverbial manifestation of God's wrath. (according to wikipedia).

Mietek23

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/XkQ3rJeZ-8A" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/XkQ3rJeZ-8A</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 12:48:52 PM »
Detox has more a chance than The Reformation does.

I want this album though. Song is tight. But like a few are saying, it's nothing special.

shu

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 01:09:30 PM »
Bishop lamont comes from new york ! lol  it sounds like a Nottz or Just blaze beat !

not bad but too short !
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:12:05 PM by shu »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 02:47:30 PM »
Not that great an idea for a non-mainstream rapper not to offer a free DL of their single. The whole point of the single is to hype people to buy the album right?
i actually expected it to be released for free, strange. i'll probably buy the album if it ever drops.

ok song, was expecting way more from him, beat is strange, and it doesnt mix with vocals very good, sounds too busy
yeah i don't like that either.
Detox has more a chance than The Reformation does.

I want this album though. Song is tight. But like a few are saying, it's nothing special.
chance to drop? dre is never ready.
bishop is free now so i give him a bit more chance.

the content is a valid point, but the flow is finally not sloppy

maybe its been said before somewhere else... but im guessing this version ISNT the aftermath version of reformation?

what about rain, change is gonna come, u ain't fresh?  ;D straight from the vault
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 02:49:34 PM by From Dre-Day to Nate Day »

Matty

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 03:09:13 PM »
from the damizza book it sounds like some of the assumptions about the vault might be quite far from the truth - ie there was hardly any material recorded for detox with bishop/dre and probably bishop's album too. i'm thinking there's just a lot of skeleton beats and track concepts floating about more than anything. perhaps a good amount of unfinished tracks at best.

onto this track - it's pretty good and i quite like it but like others have mentioned doesn't really strike you as single material. typical bishop fare and not the type of thing that would get your ears pricking up in anticipation of an album. production is nice but not that great. but early days?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 12:57:09 AM »
from the damizza book it sounds like some of the assumptions about the vault might be quite far from the truth - ie there was hardly any material recorded for detox with bishop/dre and probably bishop's album too. i'm thinking there's just a lot of skeleton beats and track concepts floating about more than anything. perhaps a good amount of unfinished tracks at best.

onto this track - it's pretty good and i quite like it but like others have mentioned doesn't really strike you as single material. typical bishop fare and not the type of thing that would get your ears pricking up in anticipation of an album. production is nice but not that great. but early days?
well i'm not going to doubt that bishop recorded more than 800 songs at aftermath, but im sure bishop worked with other producers more than dre.
im sure he was with dre often though, mainly in the beginning.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 12:14:20 PM »
just wondering, where's the video?