Author Topic: Ivy Blue Carter (Jay's kid).  (Read 1812 times)

jeromechickenbone

Re: Ivy Blue Carter (Jay's kid).
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2012, 07:02:35 PM »

Oh yeah? People just walking around speaking Latin huh? As I said, scholars and religious folk know it but that's it. No countries or governments use it as an official language.

Now don't you have some Friends reruns to watch?

i donīt know about the States but itīs pretty common around here for people to study Latin .

Again, scholars and religious people use it, common people don't. 

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2012, 07:04:31 PM »
Common people don't use hundreds of other languages either.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2012, 07:16:14 PM »
One more conspiracy while I'm here...

It's obviously not Latin. However, most people don't know that because they don't know Latin. Latin is a dead language (not by accident), yet many words are derived from it and often reveal a slightly different meaning or connotation that most of us are ignorant of.

The powers that be purposely killed it so people would not be able to translate old writings and discover their true history, rather than the one they had a always been told.

The higher ups in religions know Latin and they don't like for the goy to know that shit.

lmao a lot of people know latin. It's not some secret language. It's available for any shmuck to learn.

Oh yeah? People just walking around speaking Latin huh? As I said, scholars and religious folk know it but that's it. No countries or governments use it as an official language.

We don't walk around speaking old English either. This shit isn't some mystery. You want to learn it, go take it. Anyone trying to make it hard to learn is doing a horrible job.

I don't watch Friends, what does that have to do with this?

Is Old English used exclusively by the elite of society?  No, it's not.

Latin is only used by a very small segment of the world, and that is by design.  If you choose to be a part of that group, you can but it is not intended for the common person.

This is true for many dead languages...can you translate Sumerian texts?  Did you know Sumer is modern day Iraq?  I'm sure it's just some wacky coincidence that these amongst many other languages are not taught. 

I figured you like friends because that seems more in line with your intellectual capacity.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2012, 07:17:07 PM »
Common people don't use hundreds of other languages either.

Such as?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2012, 08:06:04 PM »

It's obviously not Latin. However, most people don't know that because they don't know Latin. Latin is a dead language (not by accident), yet many words are derived from it and often reveal a slightly different meaning or connotation that most of us are ignorant of.

The powers that be purposely killed it so people would not be able to translate old writings and discover their true history, rather than the one they had a always been told.

The higher ups in religions know Latin and they don't like for the goy to know that shit.

lmao a lot of people know latin. It's not some secret language. It's available for any shmuck to learn.

We don't walk around speaking old English either. This shit isn't some mystery. You want to learn it, go take it. Anyone trying to make it hard to learn is doing a horrible job.

Latin is only used by a very small segment of the world, and that is by design.  If you choose to be a part of that group, you can but it is not intended for the common person.

This is true for many dead languages...can you translate Sumerian texts?  Did you know Sumer is modern day Iraq?  I'm sure it's just some wacky coincidence that these amongst many other languages are not taught. 

I figured you like friends because that seems more in line with your intellectual capacity.

Latin is used by the people interested in learning it. Not the elite of society. If you wanted to come up with some conspiracy then Latin was a horrible choice to use as its one of the easiest available languages to learn. Here's an idea, instead of wondering what hidden secrets are only for people who speak Latin, why don't you go learn how to speak it yourself? I mean, if you actually found something then maybe people would believe you. Instead of making yourself look like an ignorant fool.

Your last comment is pure irony. In your mind, I'm the dumb one when you're the one saying ridiculous statements that can easily be disproven with a simple google search. There are hundreds upon hundreds of dead languages and giyy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinct_languages

Hey, you don't even have to take a class. You could learn it online through a tutorial if you wanted.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2012, 08:15:46 PM »

No shit? Cool to know. I bet if you got an education, learned all these languages and all this geography, and became a historian, then all these conspiracies would start to make sense and you'd have a lot less to wonder about.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2012, 09:47:50 PM »

Latin is used by the people interested in learning it. Not the elite of society. If you wanted to come up with some conspiracy then Latin was a horrible choice to use as its one of the easiest available languages to learn. Here's an idea, instead of wondering what hidden secrets are only for people who speak Latin, why don't you go learn how to speak it yourself? I mean, if you actually found something then maybe people would believe you. Instead of making yourself look like an ignorant fool.

Your last comment is pure irony. In your mind, I'm the dumb one when you're the one saying ridiculous statements that can easily be disproven with a simple google search. There are hundreds upon hundreds of dead languages and giyy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_extinct_languages

Hey, you don't even have to take a class. You could learn it online through a tutorial if you wanted.

When did I say Latin was the only extinct language? I even gave an example of another one. In fact, I'm the only person who could name one oFf the top of my head without going to wikipedia.

Why don't you debate my statement that it is only used by scholars and religious people, and not anyone else?

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2012, 02:09:44 AM »

i donīt know about the States but itīs pretty common around here for people to study Latin .

Again, scholars and religious people use it, common people don't. 

but common people study it and know it, i know many who understand latin and are not religious or study history or anything like that. even i can understand some latin , itīs not like itīs hidden knowledge.

itīs taught in high schools here. but yes it is a dead language , people donīt use it in their everyday talk . was never disagreeing with that, just trying to say itīs pretty common to understand latin.

bouli77

« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2012, 03:17:10 AM »

When did I say Latin was the only extinct language? I even gave an example of another one. In fact, I'm the only person who could name one oFf the top of my head without going to wikipedia.

looks like someone's having a bit of an ego...

Latin is taught all over the world, I had latin classes in 7th grade, it's not rocket science and a lot of people have good knowledge of latin without even being scholars, just painstaking students or curious individuals (btw i just noticed that there are two latin dictionaries sitting on the shelf next to my screen). I didn't know people were still using nowadays, but I know that people from the ruling layers of society usually use them for mottos, etc., it's very common in the english speaking world and in the "latin" countries (i.e. the countries whose languages are directly derived from latin : Italy, Spain, Romania, France and the other countries where those languages are used as official languages).

Latin is a dead language (not by accident), yet many words are derived from it and often reveal a slightly different meaning or connotation that most of us are ignorant of.

That's because Britain was occupied by the Roman Empire until 407 and was later settled by the Normans who spoke and spread French in Britain (hence the motto on England's coat of arms being french "honni soy qui mal y pense"). You just have to pick up a dictionary and look at the end of each word there's a passage indicating the origins of the word (depending on the dictionaries). You'll see that over 40% of the Modern English words are derivated from Latin, Greek, or French when they're not directly borrowed without modification. again, it's up to every fucking one.

when I read the news I was like "wtf that doesn't even sound latin" but since i didn't really care i moved on. even if it does mean lucifer's daughter i'm sure it must be Jay's fucking around with the rest of the world since he's been saying that this Illuminati thing was blowing up proportions (i'm not saying i don't believe in it there are obviously a lot of things very disturbing that make profound sense , I'm just saying people in general are coming to irrelevant and outlandish conclusions)

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2012, 03:29:08 AM »

looks like someone's having a bit of an ego...

Latin is taught all over the world, I had latin classes in 7th grade, it's not rocket science and a lot of people have good knowledge of latin without even being scholars, just painstaking students or curious individuals (btw i just noticed that there are two latin dictionaries sitting on the shelf next to my screen). I didn't know people were still using nowadays, but I know that people from the ruling layers of society usually use them for mottos, etc., it's very common in the english speaking world and in the "latin" countries (i.e. the countries whose languages are directly derived from latin : Italy, Spain, Romania, France and the other countries where those languages are used as official languages).

Latin is a dead language (not by accident), yet many words are derived from it and often reveal a slightly different meaning or connotation that most of us are ignorant of.

That's because Britain was occupied by the Roman Empire until 407 and was later settled by the Normans who spoke and spread French in Britain (hence the motto on England's coat of arms being french "honni soy qui mal y pense"). You just have to pick up a dictionary and look at the end of each word there's a passage indicating the origins of the word (depending on the dictionaries). You'll see that over 40% of the Modern English words are derivated from Latin, Greek, or French when they're not directly borrowed without modification. again, it's up to every fucking one.

when I read the news I was like "wtf that doesn't even sound latin" but since i didn't really care i moved on. even if it does mean lucifer's daughter i'm sure it must be Jay's fucking around with the rest of the world since he's been saying that this Illuminati thing was blowing up proportions (i'm not saying i don't believe in it there are obviously a lot of things very disturbing that make profound sense , I'm just saying people in general are coming to irrelevant and outlandish conclusions)

Who uses Latin today? Scholars and religious people. Yes I had Latin offered in my high school and college.

Also, if you read my earlier post that many words in English are rooted in Latin, yet often with a slightly different connotation that we are ignorant of, and as a result, misinformed.

Latin is not an official language of any country, and people don't go around speaking it. It is only used to translate old texts by scholars and religious people.

Broken record up in this bitch.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2012, 11:01:10 AM »

Why don't you debate my statement that it is only used by scholars and religious people, and not anyone else?

By scholar do you mean anyone who goes to college? Well no fucking wonder. The people that aren't interested in an education obviously aren't going to be learning Latin. Do you see them using any other languages either? None, aside from the ones their parents taught them to speak.

I gave you an easy answer already, which you conveniently ignored. If its really some conspiracy then go learn Latin yourself. But I know you won't. Because instead of actually figuring something out for once, you'd rather sit around talking about things the rest of us either don't care about or already know.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2012, 11:08:46 AM »
Latin is not an official language of any country, and people don't go around speaking it. It is only used to translate old texts by scholars and religious people.

Just like every other dead language huh?

blcxm

« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2012, 11:50:04 AM »
iway eakspay igpay atinlay alotway ithway allway ymay iggersnay