1 (4.5%)
Derrick Rose -- Chicago Bulls
1 (4.5%)
Carmelo Anthony -- New York Knicks
1 (4.5%)
Deron Williams -- New Jersey Nets
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Who is the best player in the NBA?  (Read 4400 times)

Sccit

Re: Who is the best player in the NBA?
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 05:49:38 AM »
looks like steve nash agrees with me:

"He's the best player in the world," Nash said when it was over.

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/bryant-335093-kobe-michael.html

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 10:20:28 AM »
^No shit-talking on LeBron being horrible in the 4th and OT against the Clippers?  :D

I don't see why. The Heat as a team shot awfully combined in both the 4th & OT. The Big 3 hit just three shots in both quarters. The Heat just played terrible & still took a team people have in the top three in the West to OT & honestly handed the game away lol.

Kobe on the other hand didn't even hit the rim at the end of regulation; if that was LeBron & the game wasn't tied, he would never hear the end of it. Then in OT Kobe kicked it out to Pau to take a three (great mentality lol) after driving. Something NIK has criticized Bron for doing in the past.

You're seeing Kobe in the Mike Brown system. I can't hate on Kobe, but all I'm saying is he's going to put up big numbers all season because Mike Brown is virtually sitting back & saying "Kobe, do you". Just like he let LeBron do for years.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 10:33:52 AM »
3-6 FT shooting in the clutch is bad , not to mention he couldn't score on Billups in the post ... this 4th quarter showed again that when both Bron and Wade can't go out in transition or go to the hoop in the halfcourt offense , there is little they can do to score ... their lack of basketball fundamentals and limited arsenal moves has been exposed again ...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2012, 11:18:44 AM »
^No shit-talking on LeBron being horrible in the 4th and OT against the Clippers?  :D

I don't see why. The Heat as a team shot awfully combined in both the 4th & OT. The Big 3 hit just three shots in both quarters. The Heat just played terrible & still took a team people have in the top three in the West to OT & honestly handed the game away lol.

Kobe on the other hand didn't even hit the rim at the end of regulation; if that was LeBron & the game wasn't tied, he would never hear the end of it. Then in OT Kobe kicked it out to Pau to take a three (great mentality lol) after driving. Something NIK has criticized Bron for doing in the past.

You're seeing Kobe in the Mike Brown system. I can't hate on Kobe, but all I'm saying is he's going to put up big numbers all season because Mike Brown is virtually sitting back & saying "Kobe, do you". Just like he let LeBron do for years.

He simply is not doing what a player of his caliber is expected to do in those situations. There's no reason to over-analyze it. It's simple and plain to see. Like, for instance, Dirk is having a very sub-par season so far. Yet still, he took over in the 4th quarter, knocking down shots, drawing fouls, knocking down the FTs and when the game was tied on the last possession, he drove past former Defensive Player of the Year Kevin Garnett, went to the hoop, drew the double team and the foul and got the And 1, made the FT. Even though he really wasn't having a good game at all. LeBron is younger with a much better physique and more overall talent than Dirk, yet Dirk in an off-game still does this while LeBron did what he did against the Warriors and Clippers. That's the difference.
LeBron wasn't always like that, though. He did hit game-winners and took over games in the 4th when he was a Cav.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

rayallen0

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2012, 11:25:10 AM »
Derrick Rose
i like when players have 0% but got a vote in the thread lol

lol ? LOL ?????  :loser: :camp:

go suck lebron's cock and stfu.

? cuz i voted for lebron and told you to vote for rose and said "lol" im gay.

this fat mexican right here is hilarious.

rayallen0

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2012, 11:27:37 AM »
^No shit-talking on LeBron being horrible in the 4th and OT against the Clippers?  :D

He simply is not doing what a player of his caliber is expected to do in those situations. There's no reason to over-analyze it. It's simple and plain to see. Like, for instance, Dirk is having a very sub-par season so far. Yet still, he took over in the 4th quarter, knocking down shots, drawing fouls, knocking down the FTs and when the game was tied on the last possession, he drove past former Defensive Player of the Year Kevin Garnett, went to the hoop, drew the double team and the foul and got the And 1, made the FT. Even though he really wasn't having a good game at all. LeBron is younger with a much better physique and more overall talent than Dirk, yet Dirk in an off-game still does this while LeBron did what he did against the Warriors and Clippers. That's the difference.
LeBron wasn't always like that, though. He did hit game-winners and took over games in the 4th when he was a Cav.
i understand saying that about Lebron but Wade usually does his best in the clutch and wins games at the end  ???

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2012, 11:31:04 AM »

really, though, cham is the only kid in the world who is dumb enough to play down lebron's typical chokejob, followed up by shitting on kobe after the games last night, smh.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2012, 11:45:23 AM »

He simply is not doing what a player of his caliber is expected to do in those situations. There's no reason to over-analyze it. It's simple and plain to see. Like, for instance, Dirk is having a very sub-par season so far. Yet still, he took over in the 4th quarter, knocking down shots, drawing fouls, knocking down the FTs and when the game was tied on the last possession, he drove past former Defensive Player of the Year Kevin Garnett, went to the hoop, drew the double team and the foul and got the And 1, made the FT. Even though he really wasn't having a good game at all. .

Whisky, Whisky , Bitch I'm Dirk Nowitzki
Hoes on my dick coz I look like Dirk Nowitzki

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2012, 02:11:57 PM »

i understand saying that about Lebron but Wade usually does his best in the clutch and wins games at the end  ???

They take each other's rhythm  away. Somebody explained it today. Late in games they all look at each other. LeBron takes a shot. Next possession they say, "okay Wade, your turn". Wade misses. Then Bosh takes an 18 foot jumper. Then they go back to LeBron who hasn't touched it in two possessions. They only way they'll succeed is if someone steps up to just take those shots. LeBron actually took some shots in OT. He just missed some shots in the post, mostly double teamed down there. That's where he has to find Wade or Bosh & have them hit shots.

I just find it funny that Wade didn't do shit last night either, but LeBron is the only conversation. I've completely given up on looking at NIK like he can hold a basketball conversation. I mean, dude is still talking about his burning passion love for me. So 7even, I'm basically only talking to you lol. But I agree Dirk is better in the clutch. But like Ray said, it's not like Wade is doing something. All Wade is doing is taking him out of his rhythm & vice versa. Dirk & Kobe have situations where all they have to say is give me the ball right now & I'll try to hit shots. However, at the same time, Dirk was known as a choke artist during the prime of his career. So you of all people should understand "choke" is just "what have you done for me lately?".

But the media & conversations about the NBA are strictly "what have you done for me lately". Just like wcsoldier was shitting on Kobe a week ago for missing shot after shot & the media was questioning Kobe's wrist & if the Lakers would finish towards the top of the West. Now he's on a tear & it's like "Wow, this guy is incredible". So technically all LeBron has to do is hit two game winners in a row & he's the "greatest" lol.

Sccit

« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2012, 02:29:03 PM »

i understand saying that about Lebron but Wade usually does his best in the clutch and wins games at the end  ???

They take each other's rhythm  away. Somebody explained it today. Late in games they all look at each other. LeBron takes a shot. Next possession they say, "okay Wade, your turn". Wade misses. Then Bosh takes an 18 foot jumper. Then they go back to LeBron who hasn't touched it in two possessions. They only way they'll succeed is if someone steps up to just take those shots. LeBron actually took some shots in OT. He just missed some shots in the post, mostly double teamed down there. That's where he has to find Wade or Bosh & have them hit shots.

I just find it funny that Wade didn't do shit last night either, but LeBron is the only conversation. I've completely given up on looking at NIK like he can hold a basketball conversation. I mean, dude is still talking about his burning passion love for me. So 7even, I'm basically only talking to you lol. But I agree Dirk is better in the clutch. But like Ray said, it's not like Wade is doing something. All Wade is doing is taking him out of his rhythm & vice versa. Dirk & Kobe have situations where all they have to say is give me the ball right now & I'll try to hit shots. However, at the same time, Dirk was known as a choke artist during the prime of his career. So you of all people should understand "choke" is just "what have you done for me lately?".

But the media & conversations about the NBA are strictly "what have you done for me lately". Just like wcsoldier was shitting on Kobe a week ago for missing shot after shot & the media was questioning Kobe's wrist & if the Lakers would finish towards the top of the West. Now he's on a tear & it's like "Wow, this guy is incredible". So technically all LeBron has to do is hit two game winners in a row & he's the "greatest" lol.

i think everyone here will agree that i am much more knowledgeable in the sport of basketball than you are, my boy....even my haters.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2012, 05:07:39 PM »
Derrick Rose

fat mexican ? you're dumb as hell
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2012, 05:38:00 PM »
See, son doesn't even wanna talk sports. He just wants people online to think he's cool. It's truly remarkable.

rayallen0

« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2012, 06:07:50 PM »
Derrick Rose

fat mexican ? you're dumb as hell

lol who the fuck are you? lebron shut down rose in the playoffs last year and everybody knows rose won MVP cuz they didnt wanna give it to Lebron three times.

You seriously went off on me cuz i told you to vote. it is hilarious. yes i called you a fat mexican because only time i've ever heard of you is that picture.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2012, 07:37:17 PM »
^No shit-talking on LeBron being horrible in the 4th and OT against the Clippers?  :D

in meaningless games, and hardly at all, and dude cannot do take over games or hit clutch shots consistently.

i can't count how many of those moments kobe had in his FIRST 5 years.

lebron just isn't that type of player. u can't count on him to take the last shot, i mean if i were spolestra ill rather have bosh take the last shot (no it wasn't because of that one shot he took to go into over time, I've been saying this ever since, and bosh is a known natural shooter while wade and lebron are not) wade also, but wade just isn't a natural shooter so i wouldn't have 100 % confidence in him taking the last shot either.

every players different and has their own skill set, we need to stop comparing lebron to kobe or magic or jordan, because he just isn't the same type of player. will he be considered among the greatest to ever play? yes, is he going to be considered in THE best player conversation? no.

with that said the best players in the NBA ( i am taking stats into consideration but u all know it only tells the quarter of the story)

1. Black Mamba
2. Durantula
3. D. Rose

its hardly believable that the heat are losing games, i know i never held them high just because i thought they were little whores for joining forces, but with the amount of talent they have esp with all of the 3 being in their primes, they shouldn't be struggling even in a shortened compressed season.

i mean i don't like how their team is built (2 perimeter players, and 1 face up PF that used to be a stretch forward, same goes for the knicks 2 face up forwards? cmon are dudes idiots these days? celtics was much more different, they knew what they were doing, they got 3 future HOFers that were passed their prime but just good enough to compete and they were diverse, much more diverse than the big 3 in miami or the 2 in the knicks)

but it still doesn't give them an excuse, with the talent they have they should be 56-10. id assume they would improve some what, but when i see the games i juz see the same old bullshit.

howard + wade, howard + rose, howard + lebron, howard + melo. those 2 combos are better than miamis big 3 and the knicks. they need a legit big man not another wing player thats going to have to share the ball, share to get in rhythm, etc etc.

and in no way I'm putting howard on a pedestal, i can be the best center in the league right now, but dude is light years away from shaq, hakeem, wilt, yao. i cant believe he still doesn't have an offense. but its much better than having a PF that just wants to shoot j's all day.

mitch knows how to build a team, considering he tried to get cp3 because we're in dire need of a good guard that can penetrate and make plays.

memphis, thunders, built good teams, but lets see how they maintain them, memphis needs mayo, i don't know why they want to ship him, who da hell else is gonna give them a punch off the bench? let alone hit clutch shots. what get a new cheaper player with less talent that has to get familiar with the system? its stupid. and I'm glad nobody took mayo because i always liked memphis ever since gay joined the team.

blazers i give them kudos for building a team and maintaining with all the injuries, they surpassed everyones expectations.

but the heat? knicks? i mean I'm just a fan and these dudes get paid 6 figures to a million building these teams, but its retarded, i know its a business also but ur going to sacrifice winning for marketing? i mean wouldn't winning give u more marketing?

retarded.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2012, 07:58:09 PM »
^I don't see how you can possibly say Rose is the third best player in the NBA when LeBron completely shut him down in the fourth in the playoffs last year.

Besides your Laker/Kobe bias, the only other reason LeBron isn't in your top three is because of last year in the Finals. But Rose probably had worse 4th quarters against LeBron than LeBron had against the Mavs. So your logic is flawed.