Author Topic: So today I listened to Tech N9ne for the first time....  (Read 639 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
So today I listened to Tech N9ne for the first time....
« on: January 29, 2003, 07:16:11 PM »
i borrowed Absolute Power and Anghelic from some dude on the 3rd floor.

Man, this dude has a blazing flow. His album "Absolute Power" is bangin, theres 2-3 top notch tracks on it, and im feelin this cat big time.

"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

EM28

Re:So today I listened to Tech N9ne for the first time....
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 07:22:30 PM »
yeah i mite check his cds out, not sure.

peace

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2003, 07:29:33 PM »
Yea man, I been tellin mufuckas......This guy is one of tha most creative people I've ever heard and had tha chance to meet.....He's on a whole notha level.....

What strikes me da most about him is his ways of picking topics and touching on different subjects.....Anyone who be makin songs here knows how hard it is to pick topics.....

He's a real perfectionist too from what I heard.....1 of his producers told me he takes ALOT of takes.....for example "This Ring" from Anghellic album had 108 takes.....Yall dun undertand, Dat is ALOOOOOOOOT.....I mean when I do a verse in da studio, I only take around 3-5.....Cuz U dun need 2 dub it much, but Tech touches on every lil thing......

He has alot of great solos, I especially like "Worst Enemy" from Absolute Power, Real Creative......lol, had me goin krayzie when I found out what he's actually talkin about at tha end of tha song......

« Last Edit: January 29, 2003, 07:30:22 PM by RODZILLA a.k.a tha7th »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2003, 07:36:40 PM »
Havn't heard anything from him...I don't think...

What are some TIGHT songs from him?

PS: Is he on a complex rhymin level like Canibus?  Bis is my fav. by far...

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2003, 07:45:49 PM »

Nah, he is nothing like canibus.......he is like something U have never heard......

Tite songs? hmmm shit like........

WORST ENEMY (recommended) lol
IMMA TELL
SLITHER
ITS ALIVE
SHE DEVIL featuring D-12
GOIN BAD
THE INDUSTRY IS PUNKS
REAL KILLER
IM A PLAYA
SUICIDE LETTERS.........

etc etc etc

« Last Edit: January 29, 2003, 07:49:56 PM by RODZILLA a.k.a tha7th »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Entreri117

• Master Chief
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2003, 07:49:02 PM »

Nah, he is nothing like canibus.......he is like something U have never heard......

Tite songs? hmmm shit like........

WORST ENEMY
IMMA TELL
SLITHER
ITS ALIVE
SHE DEVIL featuring D-12
GOIN BAD
THE INDUSTRY IS PUNKS
REAL KILLER
IM A PLAYA
SUICIDE LETTERS.........

etc etc etc

Tight...I'll peep some of his tracks...

Jome

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2003, 08:05:10 PM »
Yeah, he's dope no doubt..

I have only heard him on 5-8 tracks, so I have to do some research on him..
He's probably next on my list after I've heard every Jayo-track..  ;D

Kaidy

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2003, 08:16:27 PM »
i like tech n9ne a lot, but at the same time i sleep on him. i have his first cd calm before the storm which is real dope. i been meaning to peep absolute power for a minute.

oh yea i love the FTI campaign too.

H2O proof MC

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I'm the muthafuckin man like homo erectus
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2003, 09:42:55 PM »
Glad some more people are discovering this guy.  Hes from around my way so he performs out here all the time.  Hes a real down to earth dude too, hes always at Patio Quigleys (local sports bar) Ill always support people like that.  Anyways....you should check out his first two albums, they were his best in my opinion.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2003, 10:54:22 PM »
I got Anghellic but slept on Absolute Power. This guy got crazy flow and is a nice lyricist too.  I'm surprised a major hasn't signed him.

Suga Foot

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2003, 12:00:06 AM »
I haven't seen any of his cd's round here.  But I first heard him on the Gang Related soundtrack.  That song is bangin.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2003, 12:07:45 AM »
^^ Yeah I was about to mention "Questions" from that Gang Related soundtrack.. that shit was hard.. first I heard from Tech N9ne... if you dont know about Tech N9ne you should definatley introduce yourself through that song.

I heard a couple tracks from Anghellic.. but I didnt like it that much.. I thought his new one sounded pretty bad though... they were playin it at tha Wherehouse while I was there and alot of tha songs sounded good.. I've been meanin to pick it up one of these dayz.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

S.G.V.

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2003, 12:19:51 AM »
I haven't seen any of his cd's round here.  But I first heard him on the Gang Related soundtrack.  That song is bangin.
he used to be on Qwest Records...but they fucked him over like they did Saafir...then he was on Jcor...and they fucked him over...so now hes doin his shit on the Indi tip....

man ive been lettin heads know about Tecca for the longest...everything this cat drops is amazing...hes probably one of the best emcees ever...he has some of the most creative jams...id suggest u to check any track that has Tech on it...from Gang Related, Thicker Than Water, The RDVz albums, Yuks shit, Bo n Lynch, his records...whatever the case is...peep out TechN9ne..cuz he is one of the most talented yet slept on artists around...

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2003, 01:35:06 AM »
he used to be on Qwest Records...but they fucked him over like they did Saafir...then he was on Jcor...and they fucked him over...so now hes doin his shit on the Indi tip....

man ive been lettin heads know about Tecca for the longest...everything this cat drops is amazing...hes probably one of the best emcees ever...he has some of the most creative jams...id suggest u to check any track that has Tech on it...from Gang Related, Thicker Than Water, The RDVz albums, Yuks shit, Bo n Lynch, his records...whatever the case is...peep out TechN9ne..cuz he is one of the most talented yet slept on artists around...

word......ma boy grew got me into him.....he dope as fuck...dat slacker song amazin an yada yada yada

S.G.V.

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2003, 02:12:53 AM »
yada yada yada
hardest diss track in years...