Poll

Did Lloyd Banks just kill Eminem & 50 on "Don't push me" ??

Lloyd Banks had the best verse
5 (50%)
50 Cent had the best verse
1 (10%)
Eminem had the best verse
3 (30%)
Pretty equal
0 (0%)
Don't care
1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Best verse on "Don't push me"?? // Eminem growing big as Dre??  (Read 368 times)

Jome

Best verse on "Don't push me"?? // Eminem growing big as Dre??
« on: January 29, 2003, 09:39:19 PM »
Is it just me, or did Lloyd Banks come off awesome on "Don't push me"??

And for the record..
Eminem produced "Patiently waiting", "Don't push me", "Many men", "High all the time" & "Poor lil rich"..

That's pretty awesome, it looks to me that he's finding his own style, and about to stand on his own two production-wise..
I think Em produced better than Dre on this CD..
« Last Edit: January 29, 2003, 09:41:18 PM by Bullet Jome »

West Coast Veteran

Re:Best verse on "Don't push me"?? // Eminem growing big as Dre??
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 10:26:00 PM »
Lloyd Banks was the best on the track.

I liked Dre's beats better.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2003, 11:51:11 PM by WestCoastVeteran »

Mr.Pac-Man

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2003, 11:10:25 PM »
when i heard paciently waiting....i thought dre had done the beat.....guess not......Eminem is starting to produce some tight ass beats!!!!

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2003, 11:51:52 PM »
DRE has the better beats...."In the Club" and "If I Cant" and "Back Down" are fuckin tight tracks

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2003, 04:01:44 AM »
Eminem is without a doubt growing as a performer and as a producer, but he's not there yet in challenging Dre.
One day maybe...when Dre gives it all up.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2003, 04:22:41 AM »
Patiently Waiting is a dope ass beat

but I still like Dre's beats over Em's at all cuz of In Da Club

no sure who ripped Don't Push Me

bez

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2003, 06:57:32 AM »
Em will get better and better with his producing make no doubt about that, but I dont think he will ever overtake Dre, even if Dre is outter the game.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2003, 09:04:34 AM »
i was down my homies yard n he put the whole cd on, cuz his already got it on cd.........u know off the net or whatever, but like yeah banks KILLED eminem n 50 on that track..............n for all the eminem groupies out their............HIS VERSE WAS VERGIN ON WACK - though it did get a lil stronger near the end.............n so was 50's.......... seriously, imma big eminem fan but him n 50 had real poor verses on this one, but def not takin anything away from banks, he knew how to rip that beat while the other 2 seemed a lil lost on it......

oh n i feel eminem did a better job on this than i thought he would have.............def feelin many men.........n that patiently awaitin is a decent beat........its like the beat was made for eminem cuz it ggets stronger later on in it..................but to be fair........eminem had a amazing verse on that track...........50 again was poor on it..............but imma do my review of this cd when i buy it...

oh but on the production tip..............even though eminem impressed, i now know he will never be as good producer as dre.............dre aint on top of his game at the moment, but still his average beats n good beats are better than alot of what eminem offers.....in this album anyways, dre did a good job, though again n needs to bring sum new shit to the table, it was good beats he gave us.......nuttin specail, but dope

anyways...........yeah eminem wont ever be as good as dre but will continue to get better.............but then again...........how many cats can ever say they are better producers than dre?.........not many

peace

S.G.V.

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2003, 01:34:17 PM »
that had to be the worst eminem verse ever...

Jome

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2003, 08:06:07 PM »
i was down my homies yard n he put the whole cd on, cuz his already got it on cd.........u know off the net or whatever, but like yeah banks KILLED eminem n 50 on that track..............n for all the eminem groupies out their............HIS VERSE WAS VERGIN ON WACK - though it did get a lil stronger near the end.............n so was 50's.......... seriously, imma big eminem fan but him n 50 had real poor verses on this one, but def not takin anything away from banks, he knew how to rip that beat while the other 2 seemed a lil lost on it......

oh n i feel eminem did a better job on this than i thought he would have.............def feelin many men.........n that patiently awaitin is a decent beat........its like the beat was made for eminem cuz it ggets stronger later on in it..................but to be fair........eminem had a amazing verse on that track...........50 again was poor on it..............but imma do my review of this cd when i buy it...

oh but on the production tip..............even though eminem impressed, i now know he will never be as good producer as dre.............dre aint on top of his game at the moment, but still his average beats n good beats are better than alot of what eminem offers.....in this album anyways, dre did a good job, though again n needs to bring sum new shit to the table, it was good beats he gave us.......nuttin specail, but dope

anyways...........yeah eminem wont ever be as good as dre but will continue to get better.............but then again...........how many cats can ever say they are better producers than dre?.........not many

peace

Yeah, I pretty much agree.

Banks just had the perfect flow for the beat.. 50 often knows how to almost blend in/go along with the beat, but this one seemed made for Banks.

And about "Patiently waiting"..
First 50 has a verse with no special effects in the beat, and then Em gets on, and this "heartpulsemachine"-effect comes on.. it's perfect for the chorus, but when 50 does his last verse the special effects is gone..
Maybe 50 didn't like that effect.. it did make it a little more catchy, some might say poppy.. but 50 just wanted it raw maybe..

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2003, 10:45:58 PM »
Lloyd Banks was the best on the track.

I liked Dre's beats better.

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

asiatic8

• 'G'
  • Blood of a Slave...Heart of a King!
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2003, 08:03:24 AM »
To me, all three came tigit but i have to give to Eminem on this track.....i mean check this out...lloyd banks once tight and his flow was on point as he was going with the beat with some witty punchlines.....but eminem just killed it w/ the flow....his flow is endless these days....he just stays on the same rhyme pattern for so long....that is skills......but lloyd banks is on his way....also did anyone think Banks sounded like Pac on this ish....like the way he said his words...i thought it was pac for a sec........this song is hot!!!!!!
Blood of a Slave...Heart of a King!!!!!