Author Topic: Planet Asia - Golden State  (Read 202 times)

MistaNova

Planet Asia - Golden State
« on: January 11, 2012, 03:36:20 AM »

Blasphemy (A)

Re: Planet Asia - Golden State
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 12:54:26 PM »
http://hulkshare.com/ogz06ghltf6q

My question for Dubcnn is how come they don't interview Fashawn or Planet Asia a lot? They from the west, they don't make faggy music. Fash has a a good album under his belt, Planet Asia got good shit also.

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 09:25:41 PM »

My question for Dubcnn is how come they don't interview Fashawn or Planet Asia a lot? They from the west, they don't make faggy music. Fash has a a good album under his belt, Planet Asia got good shit also.

& there are other West Coast artists that are very promising, with mixtapes & videos, that don't even make the news page. I know of several instances I even mailed them to make sure they knew about new videos asking them to mention them with no response whatsoever. Why, I don't know.

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 11:20:52 PM »

& there are other West Coast artists that are very promising, with mixtapes & videos, that don't even make the news page. I know of several instances I even mailed them to make sure they knew about new videos asking them to mention them with no response whatsoever. Why, I don't know.

If they aren't actively interviewing the next crop of West Coast rappers, then they are essentially fucking over the coast its self. This is suppose to be the hub for west rap right? I found out about a ton of projects because of this site, years ago. Then as the years went by the site just got slower in its posting. I found the following through other means: Fashawn posted on his twitter that his next album is 1 of the most anticipated albums for 2012, yet for some reason Dubcnn hasn't done a single interview about him in awhile. I know they cover Grizzly City 3, I can't remember if they covered Higher Learning 2. and planet asia?  fuck I can't find shit on about him. I found out Cypress Hill and a bunch of rappers are doing concerts and tours through google news. I found out about SMOKE OUT this year through a friend (Which btw I'm a be going 2).

I mean they should really redo the entire website and the forums. Its been the same thing for years, A make over wouldn't hurt. Hell even Lowrider Magazine changed their site up.  The funniest parts I've seen is when they promote artist from Britain and France. LOL They aint from the west, they not even the same fucking country. lol

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 08:53:42 AM »
always liked Planet Asia, but i was very disapointed wit his EP wit Madlib. just a bunch of skits, and like 2 songs wit lukewarm beats

The Predator

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 01:29:23 PM »
Planet Asias next album is blaxplotation/kung-fu themed.

Good news! One of my favorite independent emcees is dropping a new album next month. Fresh off the heels of 2011's The Bar Mitzvah, Camouflage Jackets, and Cracks in the Vinyl, the revolutionary-slash-nutcase is back with Black Belt Theatre (a follow-up to Crack Belt Theatre?), dropping on February 28th. Press release, tracklisting and credits below:

Planet Asia helped jump-start the West Coast independent hip-hop movement, releasing a slew of popular 12-inch singles on upstarts like Stones Throw and ABB Records in the late 90s that established him as one of the leaders of a crop of talent that included the likes of Dilated Peoples, Madlib, Murs, and Jurassic 5. Now a 15-year veteran, the Cali-based MC (born in Fresno, he's spent most of his career living in Los Angeles and San Francisco) shows no signs of slowing down. The first decade of the new millennium saw Asia briefly sign with major label Interscope, go independent again for his debut album The Grand Opening, release full-length collaborative projects with both Evidence of Dilated Peoples (The Medicine) and DJ Muggs of Cypress Hill (Pain Language), form his own label (Gold Chain Music), and work with everyone from Linkin Park to Bun B to Ghostface Killah. Now, Planet Asia is back with his first retail album in four years, the star-studded Black Belt Theatre, which hits stores everywhere via Daddy Real/Wandering Worx/Greenstreets on February 28th, 2012.

Named after a 1980s Saturday-afternoon TV show and inspired by Planet Asia's favorite films, Black Belt Theatre combines the violent precision of classic kung-fu flicks with the calculated cool of classic blaxploitation movies. "I wanted to make the album like a movie, something you would see in a theater," says Asia. "That's why it has so many features. All the guests feel like different characters in the movie." These guests include veterans like Raekwon, Talib Kweli, Paul Wall, Ras Kass, Camp Lo, and Strong Arm Steady, as well as newcomers like Fashawn, Willie The Kid, Torae, and Nio Tha Gift. "They're basically just all people I thought were dope," says Asia. "Both young cats I'm feeling and veterans I've always admired." Unlike on his albums with Evidence and DJ Muggs, Asia also got to determine the sonic direction on Black Belt Theatre, resulting in a soul-heavy, blaxploitation-influenced sound. "It was fun because I got to reach out to guys like Oh No and Khrysis for beats, find the best tracks and put together a masterpiece," explains Asia. "It's some esoteric gangster shit…a full plate for the listener."

Tracklisting and credits for Planet Asia’s “Black Belt Theatre”:
1.) “Lost And Found” (produced by Khrysis)
2.) “Grown Folks Talkin’” f/ Talib Kweli (produced by Dirtydiggs)
3.) “Tell The World” (produced by Dirtydiggs)
4.) “All Mine” f/ Paul Wall (produced by Twiz The Beat Pro)
5.) “No Apologies” f/ Raekwon (produced by Oh No)
6.) “F*ck Rappers” f/ Fashawn & Willie The Kid (produced by Dirtydiggs)
7.) “Diamond Life” f/ Camp Lo (produced by Dirtydiggs)
8.) “Furniture” (produced by Dirtydiggs)
9.) “Mach One (produced by Dirtydiggs)
10.) “Daggers And Darts” f/ Rogue Venom & Tristate (produced by Dirtydiggs)
11.) “Bruce Lee” f/ Chace Infinite & Rasco (produced by Soulprofessa)
12.) “Golden State” (produced by Dirtydiggs)
13.) “Coons” f/ Killer Ben (produced by Dirtydiggs)
14.) “The Line Of Fire” f/ Krondon, Phil Da Agony & Picaso (produced by Brisk Oner)
15.) “Big Fish” (produced by Twiz The Beat Pro)
16.) “External Motives” f/ The Jacka & Mitchy Slick (produced by Twiz The Beat Pro)
17.) “Classical” f/ Ras Kass, Torae & Jasiri X (produced by Religion)
18.) “Stay Ready” f/ Mistah Fab, Dengee & Mo The Gift (produced by Oh No)
19.) “Whirlwind Patterns” (produced by Religion)
20.) “Dogon Outro” (produced by Dirtydiggs)