Author Topic: New York Yankees deal Jesus Montero for Seattle Mariners' Michael Pineda  (Read 440 times)

rayallen0

Re: New York Yankees deal Jesus Montero for Seattle Mariners' Michael Pineda
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 11:45:03 PM »
From a personnel standpoint I don't mind it, I love Pineda but we've got Paxton and Walker who are projected to be top of the rotation starters plus Holtzen all in our farm system, so our pitching is fine. Montero is supposed to be the real deal, and considering how bad our offense has been recently I'm OK with it. The only thing I don't like about it is that he's on the Yankees. To Cham and any other Yanks fun, you're gonna like this guy, dude is a beast physically and has the potential to be an ace. He made the all star team last year and actually out pitched Felix for the first half of the season. The CC/Pineda is going to be a dominant one two punch.
thats why im not happy. anybody but the fucking yankees.

u effing kidding me?

montero slugged .590 as a callup with a great OBP too

dude is gonna be a great hitter
Pineda had 9.105 SO per 9 innings
7 hits per 9 innings
1.099 Walks & Hits per IP

this was the dudes rookie season. an all-star and the #2 on one of the best 5 men rotations in baseball. Like Remedy said he had a better first half than felix.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

Re: New York Yankees deal Jesus Montero for Seattle Mariners' Michael Pineda
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 11:17:35 AM »
^ Rayallen can speak for himself, I like the deal. Our offense has been historically awful in the last 2 years and we needed to make a big move. Don't get me wrong, I think Pineda is going to be great, but by all accounts Montero is supposed to be a big time hitter and that's exactly what we need to hit around the rest of the young hitters we have.