Author Topic: OBIE TRICE new Album Artwork "Bottoms Up"  (Read 794 times)

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
Re: OBIE TRICE new Album Artwork "Bottoms Up"
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 10:50:44 PM »
In light of this news, I'm bumping "Cheers" as we speak  8)

What a great debut album

It really was. Theirs only a few songs I skip. Lady, hands on you, spread yo shit and hood rats.

You said you weren't feeling second rounds on me right? Or was that someone else.

Either way anyone who wasn't feeling I encourage to go back and give it another listen so many great tracks.Violent,wanna know,Lay down( Obie is vicious on this one),Snitch,cry now,Ballad of Obie trice, kill me a mutha,Out of state,There they go, 24's, everywhere I go. All great tracks. Even the songs I didn't list are decent.

Lunatic

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 11:22:53 PM »

What a great debut album

It really was. Theirs only a few songs I skip. Lady, hands on you, spread yo shit and hood rats.

You said you weren't feeling second rounds on me right? Or was that someone else.

Either way anyone who wasn't feeling I encourage to go back and give it another listen so many great tracks.Violent,wanna know,Lay down( Obie is vicious on this one),Snitch,cry now,Ballad of Obie trice, kill me a mutha,Out of state,There they go, 24's, everywhere I go. All great tracks. Even the songs I didn't list are decent.
Lady, Hands on you for sure. I love Spread Yo Shit & Hoodrats though. "Got Some Teeth" is very Eminem-ish (aka gimmicky) but I can bump every track really.

I never said that about Second Round's on Me. I dig it but do admit I should go back and listen.

I'd compare Obie's second album a lot to Chamillionaire's. Odd comparison maybe but I think they both "grew as artists" on the second album which lead to less "entertaining" or "mainstream" music. That's what hurt of their sophomore albums in my opinion.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 11:44:43 PM »
No it's decent comparison. I'd also compare it to Lloyd banks rotten apple. A lot of people say they don't like album same as obies second. But to me the albums are better. I listen to them way more. They feel more like cohesive albums to me. Where as cheers and hunger for more felt like great songs slapped together. Like, ok we got a timbo beat, a dre beat,eminem and they just slapped them together. Where as rotten apple and second rounds on me didn't have all the big names but felt tighter as albums with more of a theme. I still bump rotten apple way more then his other two albums. Same with second rounds on me. Cheers and hunger had better individual songs but they weren't great albums. To me at least.

jasononon

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2012, 12:01:49 AM »
would some1 be able to up a mix of obies songs over the past year or so?

Matty

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2012, 05:58:42 AM »
special reserve was dope

Lunatic

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 09:48:08 AM »
No it's decent comparison. I'd also compare it to Lloyd banks rotten apple. A lot of people say they don't like album same as obies second. But to me the albums are better. I listen to them way more. They feel more like cohesive albums to me. Where as cheers and hunger for more felt like great songs slapped together. Like, ok we got a timbo beat, a dre beat,eminem and they just slapped them together. Where as rotten apple and second rounds on me didn't have all the big names but felt tighter as albums with more of a theme. I still bump rotten apple way more then his other two albums. Same with second rounds on me. Cheers and hunger had better individual songs but they weren't great albums. To me at least.
yep, "rotten apple" is in that same category as "second rounds on me" and "ultimate victory."
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2012, 10:16:02 PM »

I feel the same way to a T. Well said

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2012, 10:31:27 PM »

What a great debut album

Lady, Hands on you for sure. I love Spread Yo Shit & Hoodrats though. "Got Some Teeth" is very Eminem-ish (aka gimmicky) but I can bump every track really.

I never said that about Second Round's on Me. I dig it but do admit I should go back and listen.

I'd compare Obie's second album a lot to Chamillionaire's. Odd comparison maybe but I think they both "grew as artists" on the second album which lead to less "entertaining" or "mainstream" music. That's what hurt of their sophomore albums in my opinion.

Lol, got some teeth is weird as fuck lyrically, I can still bump that shit though.

kuruptlon

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 04:19:15 AM »
In anticipation of this new Obie album I went back through some of his older stuff.

Classic stuff right here:

Obie Trice - Luv (Prod. 9th Wonder)

V2DHeart

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 01:25:05 PM »
In anticipation of this new Obie album I went back through some of his older stuff.

Classic stuff right here:

Obie Trice - Luv (Prod. 9th Wonder)

wow. pleasantly surprised
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 07:50:21 AM »

#Classic

Obie Trice Feat. Kon Artist-The Do Do

David Mack

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • $700,000 richer Blood
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 10:55:33 PM »

Officer Perez

??? I don't know this guy so fuck you!

TRG

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 02:58:59 AM »
1. Bottoms Up (Intro)
2. Going No Where
3. Dear Lord
4. I Pretend
5. Richard feat. Eminem
6. BME Up
7. Battle Cry feat. Adrian Reeza
8. Secrets
9. Spill My Drink
10. Spend The Day feat. Dre Skidne
11. Petty
12. My Time
13. Ups And Downs
14. Hell Yeah
15. Crazy feat. MC Breed
16. LeBron On (Bonus Track)

Regime*Rida

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 04:01:47 AM »
Obie played here in Australia with Tech N9ne/D-12/KiD CuDi/Chamillionaire, he does a great live show. Givin props to Em and Dre sayin "shady all day". Lookin forward to the release, Obie knows how to put a good album together....

Peace
She started letting me and my boys hit together
Me and Pac hit the slot now it's out in the open
Didn't take long, to make her get it on, came on strong
And Thugs Get Lonely Too was our slogan - "TECH N9NE"

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 04:06:52 PM »
Obie played here in Australia with Tech N9ne/D-12/KiD CuDi/Chamillionaire, he does a great live show. Givin props to Em and Dre sayin "shady all day". Lookin forward to the release, Obie knows how to put a good album together....

Peace

Didn't D12 pull out?