Author Topic: Do You ?  (Read 235 times)

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
Do You ?
« on: January 18, 2012, 08:31:52 AM »
who hear works out.  gym/physical activities . if so what gym do u go to  ' are u taking any thing ? just curious

bouli77

Re: Do You ?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 10:09:13 AM »
i don't, but i need to. when i was in college i would go to the university's gym but i never really enjoyed it except for the fiine girls that would work out lol. idk i find the process of working out kinda boring and I lacked focus and a good, adapted program.  i do push ups though. i also swim once or twice a week and jog when i can (my ideal week would be jogging three times).

Matty

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 10:16:56 AM »
i do posture alignment exercises and eat a lot of natural supplements/foods. real talk.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 11:48:12 AM »
Past year or so I've been doing cardio 2-3 times a week and doing strength training 2-3 times a week. I never do cardio and strength training on the same days though. I usually switch off every other day 6 times a week.

I've been doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for the past 4 or 5 months as well with a friend of mine who's been getting into it. The mental aspects and technique are what I find the most fascinating. The shit is real humbling from a beginner's standpoint. Getting tapped over and over again can be frustrating, but it gives you the incentive to improve. I'm still no where near good at it, but I've made leaps and bound in my defense game when we roll. I'd love to move up in rank and get a blue belt eventually, but my schedule is about to get hectic this spring so that probably won't happen.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 01:19:18 PM »
+1 to everybody  . i try and hit the gym 5 days a week and try to run out side when the weather is nice.

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 01:21:12 PM »
i do posture alignment exercises and eat a lot of natural supplements/foods. real talk.

explain

Matty

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 01:42:28 PM »

explain

like a system of exercises/stretches that's based around straightening the body and building core strength/flexibility. it's seemingly foundational but i've found it to have profound effects on my ability in all physical activities, increasing levels of overall awareness and control. you could liken it to yoga but the system i've been using is much more focused and efficient at getting posture correct in the shortest space of time. i got a friend whose taken it to a real high level and has been helping me get my shit fully straight and functional. getting toned fast is also consequence of all the micro-muscles being activated through correct and natural movement. etc etc.

to go along with that, i i try to eat a clean as possible diet - plant based protein supplements, 'supergreens' and various 'superfoods'. i'm not fully raw and vegan or anything, a little bit of bad stuff here and there, but pretty damn clean and feel a lot better for it. also experimenting with chinese tonic herbalism recently, which is epic. hit me up if you wanna talk about nutrition and stuff cause i been getting really into it the past couple of years. made some remarkable discoveries about health in general, now the info is more out in the open. some stuff that's way outside the mainstream but 100% for real :o 8)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:45:38 PM by Matty »

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »
i hit the gym 5 days a week.

im only on protein supplements

bouli77

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 01:49:06 PM »

explain

like a system of exercises/stretches that's based around straightening the body and building core strength/flexibility. it's seemingly foundational but i've found it to have profound effects on my ability in all physical activities, increasing levels of overall awareness and control. you could liken it to yoga but the system i've been using is much more focused and efficient at getting posture correct in the shortest space of time. i got a friend whose taken it to a real high level and has been helping me get my shit fully straight and functional. getting toned fast is also consequence of all the micro-muscles being activated through correct and natural movement. etc etc.

to go along with that, i i try to eat a clean as possible diet - plant based protein supplements, 'supergreens' and various 'superfoods'. i'm not fully raw and vegan or anything, a little bit of bad stuff here and there, but pretty damn clean and feel a lot better for it. also experimenting with chinese tonic herbalism recently, which is epic. hit me up if you wanna talk about nutrition and stuff cause i been getting really into it the past couple of years. made some remarkable discoveries about health in general, now the info is more out in the open. some stuff that's way outside the mainstream but 100% for real :o 8)

+1. been wanting to improve my eating habits for a couple years but it's very hard to implement for a flesh eating dude like me lol. i'm more reasonable now but i still eat junk food on a regular basis.

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 01:58:30 PM »

explain

That's dope.

Core training seems to be all the rage lately, but I definitely wanna improve myself in that aspect. I heard wonders about posture aligning exercises, but I'm not too familiar about it.

I forgot to mention supplements/nutrition. I'm not too crazy with those since I've still been seeing positive results. I take a multivitamin daily as well as fish oil. The supplements that have worked wonders for me though is acidophilus. I haven't been sick in over a year since taking it. Not a cold or anything. Before I would get sick at least 4-5 times a year. I drink kombucha tea as regularly as I can (its expensive) to introduce more beneficial organisms into my body. Probiotics are the way to go.......and of course I eat as healthy as possible (still eat bad shit and drink on the weekends). On a good day, I consume oatmeal, fresh fruits/veggies, lean meat and very little carbs (I still love white bread ad rice though).

I drink about 3 liters of water a day and in between all that I try to consume as much green tea as possible.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Matty

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 02:04:53 PM »

explain

+1. been wanting to improve my eating habits for a couple years but it's very hard to implement for a flesh eating dude like me lol. i'm more reasonable now but i still eat junk food on a regular basis.

yeah man it's tough if you don't feel a great amount of benefit straight away and enjoy some of the 'worse' foods with no bad effects. and there's just an insane amount of information out there on healthy/natural diets its a bit of a minefield. i been lucky to hang with some highly health conscious cats who've schooled me on some key principles...and none of these hippy type dudes but on some real superman shit :laugh:

i think you can transition to a clean diet easily if you dabble in the most potent foods like chinese tonic herbs to get an idea of the benefits. and some of the stuff out there these days is really tasty too, just about the right combinations. this new protein supplement i recently started can be mixed with some really strong green powders and raw foods and tastes sweet like candy. what's crazy is the stuff that's actually in it is 100% super raw and good. i'll definitely be using it to get more people onto mixing up drinks that aren't just super healthy but also taste amazing.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:58:40 PM by Matty »

Matty

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 02:19:01 PM »

explain

That's dope.

Core training seems to be all the rage lately, but I definitely wanna improve myself in that aspect. I heard wonders about posture aligning exercises, but I'm not too familiar about it.

I forgot to mention supplements/nutrition. I'm not too crazy with those since I've still been seeing positive results. I take a multivitamin daily as well as fish oil. The supplements that have worked wonders for me though is acidophilus. I haven't been sick in over a year since taking it. Not a cold or anything. Before I would get sick at least 4-5 times a year. I drink kombucha tea as regularly as I can (its expensive) to introduce more beneficial organisms into my body. Probiotics are the way to go.......and of course I eat as healthy as possible (still eat bad shit and drink on the weekends). On a good day, I consume oatmeal, fresh fruits/veggies, lean meat and very little carbs (I still love white bread ad rice though).

I drink about 3 liters of water a day and in between all that I try to consume as much green tea as possible.

good shit, probiotics is a whole area in itself that i also been looking into and experimenting with. i found that a potent acidophilus supplement will have strong initial effects in anyone whose gut's in need of some rebalancing. soil based organisms are also the strongest at relabancing the gut if things have gotten really out of shape, but there's debate for and against using them.

the posture system i've been doing it called the 'egoscue method'. there's a main book on it called 'pain free' but instead of learning about it from the ground up i had my friend look at me and create a programme to specifically correct my issues. quite lucky as there's only a handful of people in the UK with expertise in it.

on the topic of tea, i recently found what i think is the ultimate tea, based on the principles of tonic herbalism. it's made from a particular leaf but also infused with a syrup of numerous other tonic herbs. i'm not gonna claim it's magic or anything, but the effects of drinking it are profound, as crazy as that sounds. i've yet to find anyone who i've given it to who didn't go straight out and buy some. even the ones who were frontin like 'its ok, didn't really feel much and dont really like herbal tea...but where can i get some?' :laugh:

Fraxxx

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »
I got this book today which I yet have to read but it was highly recommended to me.

http://thechinastudy.com/

Basically it's about long-term health and what I read till now was some frightening shit.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Matty

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 03:12:27 PM »
I got this book today which I yet have to read but it was highly recommended to me.

http://thechinastudy.com/

Basically it's about long-term health and what I read till now was some frightening shit.

that's like the best known and biggest study into the effects of diet on health, using a large demographic. it gets cited a lot and is pretty indisputable evidence that the two are inextricably linked. strong food for thought for adapting a more plant-based diet...

Quadruple OG

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 04:10:31 PM »
Past year or so I've been doing cardio 2-3 times a week and doing strength training 2-3 times a week. I never do cardio and strength training on the same days though. I usually switch off every other day 6 times a week.

I've been doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for the past 4 or 5 months as well with a friend of mine who's been getting into it. The mental aspects and technique are what I find the most fascinating. The shit is real humbling from a beginner's standpoint. Getting tapped over and over again can be frustrating, but it gives you the incentive to improve. I'm still no where near good at it, but I've made leaps and bound in my defense game when we roll. I'd love to move up in rank and get a blue belt eventually, but my schedule is about to get hectic this spring so that probably won't happen.

I've been thinking of adding Boxing or MMA to my workout. How long does it take to get used to the physicality of it? I can imagine the body feeling worn down the first couple sessions.