Author Topic: Do You ?  (Read 247 times)

Sikotic™

Re: Do You ?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 11:16:06 AM »
Past year or so I've been doing cardio 2-3 times a week and doing strength training 2-3 times a week. I never do cardio and strength training on the same days though. I usually switch off every other day 6 times a week.

I've been doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for the past 4 or 5 months as well with a friend of mine who's been getting into it. The mental aspects and technique are what I find the most fascinating. The shit is real humbling from a beginner's standpoint. Getting tapped over and over again can be frustrating, but it gives you the incentive to improve. I'm still no where near good at it, but I've made leaps and bound in my defense game when we roll. I'd love to move up in rank and get a blue belt eventually, but my schedule is about to get hectic this spring so that probably won't happen.

I've been thinking of adding Boxing or MMA to my workout. How long does it take to get used to the physicality of it? I can imagine the body feeling worn down the first couple sessions.
It's rough at first, but like most things if you stick with it you build up the stamina. Depends on who you roll with when it comes to BJJ that can determine how you feel after. Sometimes, you encounter some juice head who takes it too seriously when you're all there to improve your technique, not compete.

The majority of people are cool as hell though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

MUHFUKKA

Re: Do You ?
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 11:25:20 AM »
i run and do curls and pullups just about everyday. a couple days a week i hit the heavy bag and jump rope. im not too big on the whole gym scene but i do like the steamroom. i eat a pretty decent diet but i drink too much

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.