Author Topic: They tryna shut down the internet?  (Read 682 times)

rayallen0

Re: They tryna shut down the internet?
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »
If Obama isn't obvious proof that the president is just a mere mascot with very little control, then I don't know what else to say.

The GOP candidates except Paul are no different. Just puppets.
the entire government works as a whole. a president has very little power. Bush (Cheney) often abused his power so it seemed much bigger at that time. Obama is to afraid to look like a bad guy and has given up. He now days is just signing whatever comes to him.

TheRemedy360Ressurection

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2012, 11:46:56 PM »
If Obama isn't obvious proof that the president is just a mere mascot with very little control, then I don't know what else to say.

The GOP candidates except Paul are no different. Just puppets.

This. You got right wings telling everyone that Obama is ruining America, and the lefts saying the opposite. Exactly what they want.

Pedophile

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2012, 11:54:43 PM »
Hide yo kids , hide yo wife , cuz dey rapin errybody out there!

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2012, 12:20:10 AM »
Here's all you need to know. A summary of SOPA, PIPA and the congressmen and congresswomen who support it.

http://youranonnews.tumblr.com/post/15783460213/stop-sopa-the-essentials-summary-and-bill-text

Props man. So not the entire internet, basically just Youtube & anything considered "copyrighted material". But 108 oppose it to the 64 who support it, so I guess it's nowhere near happened.

That's the problem though, cause a lot of things can be considered copyrighted material, so it would far beyond Youtube.

True. But I think most importantly, the government just wants to clean up all the information on themselves that's slipping away to the public. Because people are starting to catch on.

But then again, not everything on Youtube makes sense because 75% of it is homemade videos. Then the other 25% is stolen music that they're probably trying to control before the music industry goes out of business lol.

Youtube is the new hustle, that's why they got those official Vevo's because they make bank from all the ads

rayallen0

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2012, 12:24:47 AM »
Here's all you need to know. A summary of SOPA, PIPA and the congressmen and congresswomen who support it.

http://youranonnews.tumblr.com/post/15783460213/stop-sopa-the-essentials-summary-and-bill-text

Props man. So not the entire internet, basically just Youtube & anything considered "copyrighted material". But 108 oppose it to the 64 who support it, so I guess it's nowhere near happened.

That's the problem though, cause a lot of things can be considered copyrighted material, so it would far beyond Youtube.

True. But I think most importantly, the government just wants to clean up all the information on themselves that's slipping away to the public. Because people are starting to catch on.

But then again, not everything on Youtube makes sense because 75% of it is homemade videos. Then the other 25% is stolen music that they're probably trying to control before the music industry goes out of business lol.

Youtube is the new hustle, that's why they got those official Vevo's because they make bank from all the ads
of course but the government is filled with out of touch old white people.

i would say piracy helps alot of the smaller artists getting their music all over the world instead of just the local area. IT may take away from album sales but it most def will make your concerts much more filled.

Look at internet sensations like Lil B and odd future they have made lots of money by using the internet. Alot of these older artists are stuck in the old days and arent able to adapt. Not that they would sell shit without it.

rayallen0

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2012, 03:54:07 PM »
Sopa & Pipa were dropped.

Nate Dogg's Rotting Corpse.

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2012, 03:59:45 PM »
Sopa & Pipa were dropped.

Actually they were delayed.

And leave it to dubcc to stumble on a story late. This is important shit people, our future in downloading obscure 90's g funk is at stake here.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:02:17 PM by Bananas »
Yes it is me, rapper/singer Nate Dogg. I am communicating with you from beyond the grave using this forum as a medium. Heed my words.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 04:39:08 PM »
SOPA would be good in moderation and if every top Head and new born baby was on the same page. 

With that said, it takes almost 20 years for most laws to FULLY take effect, it's too simple for the mass to get it, and it might not pass.  We should make it harder to get the really really good shit (sell it at a higher price) but keep it easy to get most of the Artist(s) work.  I haven't read the SOPA Bill, just only the bottom line and what type of companies (a lot specific) they'll be going after. 

I support some of it and I believe some sites that have been toppling the game should stay (YouTube, WorldStarHipHop, Hulkshare/4Shared) but some should go.