Author Topic: Criag Mack..  (Read 1094 times)

Al Bundy

Re: Criag Mack..
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 10:54:34 AM »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »
yeah Flava in your ear was the jam back in the day 8)

remix was dope too despite LL's goofy verse

only verse on the remix i care for is Biggies and even his was weak by BIG standards

Raphael

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 01:19:13 PM »
he had a couple other banger...get down, makin moves with puff all charted. the qtip remix of get down is ill as shit.

some of his johnny j produced stuff is cool too.
Agreed but much like Sir mix-a-lot he is only remembered for 1 song by most people.

did pac really beat chino up?
I find that hard to believe unless he had other people with him.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 01:21:54 PM »

only verse on the remix i care for is Biggies and even his was weak by BIG standards
naw homie,i thought every mc on that track killed it..they all brought their A game, thats why its a classic today..people just now seeing that big,and Mack was battle each other on that track .thats what made me love it even more when i 1st listen to the remix.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2012, 01:22:32 PM »
lmao 2pac never beat up chino, the only time they met in person was to squash their beef because chino's manager was a friend of 2pac's manager

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2012, 02:08:17 PM »

believe it or not when that shit dropped bigs verse wasnt even as highly regarded as it is now. it was just OK.

this song was the emergence of bustarhynmes as a solo artist. i remember EVERYONE on the bus talking about how raw that shit was and it gave him the perfect set up for woo hah.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 02:58:54 PM »

naw homie,i thought every mc on that track killed it..they all brought their A game, thats why its a classic today..people just now seeing that big,and Mack was battle each other on that track .thats what made me love it even more when i 1st listen to the remix.

true, I just would like to know what LL was talking about in that verse :laugh:

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 03:06:30 PM »
having sex and rapping are the topics LL ws rapping about.

that remix was very important to hip hop not only did it set off busta rhymes solo career LL also used it as a platform for a comeback for his album Mr smith and it established big as the marquee artist on badboy/the east coast

poor rampage...no one even remembers he was on that shit.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 03:17:05 PM »
busta bus was already known from Buncha Niggas

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »
dog you cant tell me shit....i was working for a record store at 14 years old. i knew my shit.

no one knew shit about busta except from leaders of the new school and tribe appearances (scenario) chalie brown was actually the marked star of that group. busta did shit like lil remixes and that banger with the artifacts but all that was underground this was major exposure all over mtv and bet everymorning on the jams countdown and shit.

this was the moment where busta emerged as a superstar.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2012, 03:35:36 PM »
damn u pretty combative today petey im just discussing shit, not debating

how come flavor in ya ear wasnt even MENTIONED in his wikipedia?  lol 

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 03:45:28 PM »
no hack but i think its a fair assessment your hip hop knowledge starts and ends with tupac. (well maybe not ends as i know you know your current shit too)

i was like four years old watching my older uncles breakdance on cardboard boxes and shit, sporting nylon lee suits and pumas and shit. dooky ropes and jehri curls

what im saying is its in my culture and upbringing...i cant remember a time where hip hop wasnt  in my life and its pretty evident that tupac sparked your interest in rap and theres nothing wrong with that.

your in good company becasue id bet most of the euros posters here didnt know much about rap till dre and snoop or tupac put them on.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »
no hack but i think its a fair assessment your hip hop knowledge starts and ends with tupac. (well maybe not ends as i know you know your current shit too)

over the past 13/14 years I've owned over 200 CDs and maybe 20 to 25 are 2pac and/or 2pac related  (i.e. singles, guest appearances, compilations with him on them)

not even going to bother finishing this discussion with you if this is what you are thinking though.  peace.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2012, 03:56:16 PM »
its not like i cant respect you for doing the knowledge and shit but keep it gangsta with me...

were you a true hip hop head before you found tupacs music?

dont take offense to this shit son, this was tupacs life mission to enlighten ppl thru his music and maybe even bring ppl together.

im not dissing at all your cool w me hack i just have never seen you expound knowledge on other hip hop greats like kane, or UMC's, or main source and shit so i assume tupac was who popped your hip hop cherry.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2012, 04:05:55 PM »
i was into coolio, cydal and luniz before pac

but when i got into pac i also got into wutang and redman those same years

then 2 years after i got into rap eminem blew up and thats when i started getting into michigan rap  (esham, simken heights, bedlam, KGP, project born, dayton, breed etc.)

still always been into the east too though.....L, live squad, non phixion, royal flush, sauce money, e money bags, arsonists, lord tariq and peter gunz, pun, jeru, outsidaz etc.

and dont get me started on all the west shit ive grown up on like Assassin, lynch, funky aztecs, oftb, pharcyde, cougnut etc

oh and then theres the chicago rap scene...mostly Juice, Common, All Natural, and Rhmefest.  and beats by Molemen of course.

then theres the fact i was obsessed with scribble jam and the battle scene at the turn of the century, that introduced me to C Rayz Walz, Eyedea, Slug, Deacon the Villain, Okwerdz, Sage Francis and Brother Ali.  had no idea these guys careers would still be around today minus the late Eyedea.

i forgot what i was saying again but basically i love all kinds of different rap