Author Topic: Social Issue 3: What's Ya'll Thoughts On.....  (Read 510 times)

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Social Issue 3: What's Ya'll Thoughts On.....
« on: November 27, 2001, 12:17:56 PM »
religion....do ya'll have a different religion from christianity....do you believe in religion.....do you dislike ppl becos of the religion they do or do not chose....holla on this aswell.....(incase ya'll wondering why I am askin these questions it's becos I am doing a report in skool on 3 Social Issues and these are the 3 that I chose so I had to get other ppl's views on the matter and so I came to WCC for answers)..holla!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

NEW_MINORITY

Re: Social Issue 3: What's Ya'll Thoughts On.....
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2001, 12:44:53 PM »
i mean i used to go to church and believed in god but not anymore really...

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2001, 03:03:31 PM »
I'm a Christian and I know God exists and is with me. I have no problem with people with other religions because it is their choice and I have no right to change it. I got a ton of friends who are Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim. I even had a goofy ass Mormon friend of mine I knew real well. Hating on a religion is similar to racism and I ain't cool with no kind of racism.

And I respect all religions even tho I may disagree with some of their ideas beliefs etc. I do because just like the Bible says "Treat Others the way you want to be treated" and if I got people bashing Jesus and mocking him I wouldn't like it so I'm not gonna go and make fun of Muhammad, Buddha etc. Because those kind of things people get very emotional over, almost like if you call someone's kid ugly or somethin, they'll lose it and start fightin with you.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2001, 03:03:37 PM »
im a buddha
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

Ro J. Simpson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Riddim Killa!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2001, 03:04:14 PM »
im a buddha head if that counts*
2i love you dont ever fucking question that, that's why we'll probably never get along, if i was better at finding the right words to say i wouldnt need to write these mothafuckin songs" / Atmosphere -'Dont ever fucking question that'

It's too much weight to be juggling
who do you picture when you think about struggling
Kids in the bed, no food stomach bubbilin
or Niggas in the E-class heavy drug smugglin / Xzibit - At the speed of life

TheShiznit227

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "We Livin' this shit 'til the day that we die, Survival of the Fit only the strong survive..." Mobb Deep
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2001, 03:18:22 PM »
My moms used to make me go to chruch every week, and I used to not like it...I dont go as much anymore, but i 'preciate that she made me go and shit...
"One Nation under a Groove, gettin' down jus' for tha funk of it..."

"Rest In Peace to all lives Stolen on September 11th, 2001..." Trey Lawrence III

"Yo, they call me Nas, I'm not your legal type of fella/Moet drinkin, marijuana smokin street dwellah" Nas on "Represent"

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2001, 03:44:40 PM »
Religon is an intrestin topic
I'm a Sikh, and i believe in God....many times God has answered my prayers, but many times he hasn't, i do believe he is with me and protecting me from u fagz(lol jk)
All religons basically teach to live in peace etc, but ppl start bitchin and sayin hteir religon is da best and others are nothing compared to it ...
wtf is that supposed to mean? They claim to be followers of their religon but they neglect that part which teaches about peace and to respect each other...
I still dont get it, why?

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2001, 04:34:12 PM »
im catholic an i question tha existance of god a lot,  my prays have never been answered,  i used to pray everynight nutin life altering would happen to my family,  they would all stay healthy,  tha day after thanksgiven 96 my dad was changin tha breaks on his van,  suptin wasnt comin off in tha wheel well,  that second he leaned under tha jack gave out,  he was supportin tha jack on his back,  he wound up paralyzed from tha waste down,  he was a plumber after tha accident after 15 years of ownin his own business he went out of business, we became poor an started to receive food stamps an survived off of social security an my moms salery as high school cafeteria salery.  There marrage went down tha tubes an my mom began to cheat on him,  he knows it,  even though they still live 2gether there pretty much seperated.  My dad takes enough medication to knock a hourse out,  an tha funny thing is that it dont work anymore,  he is in so much pain that he spends most of tha time in bed now.  I have very few friends b/c most people who i considered to be my best friends all turned there back on me on one way or another,  i see everything else every1 else has an wonder why i have to live this life of shit,  my life has very little joy in it so why should i believe in God has he done for me.

P.S.  i know some1 will say that god was watchin over my dad when his van fell on him b/c he should of been dead,  he should of died an if he lived tha doctors said there was a 90% he would be brain dead,  some1 will stay i should be thankful that he is still alive an not brain dead but tha question i have is why did something like this have to happen to my dad,  a good guy with a wife an 3 kids to support,  why should i believe in god when there is so little happiness in my life.  Hell i used to go to church every sunday,  i would go to fuckin religion,  what did all that do for me,  nutin

Doggystylin

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2001, 04:53:57 PM »
damn, i really feel sorry for ya man, i hope things get better, just keep the faith man.......

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2001, 04:55:25 PM »
I personally am not religeous at all.  My dad was raised as a Catholic.  But decided to drop religion when he was like 20.  He raised me to be athiest.  I don't know what it's like to be religios so I don't know if i'd like it.  

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2001, 05:21:24 PM »

im catholic an i question tha existance of god a lot,  my prays have never been answered,  i used to pray everynight nutin life altering would happen to my family,  they would all stay healthy,  tha day after thanksgiven 96 my dad was changin tha breaks on his van,  suptin wasnt comin off in tha wheel well,  that second he leaned under tha jack gave out,  he was supportin tha jack on his back,  he wound up paralyzed from tha waste down,  he was a plumber after tha accident after 15 years of ownin his own business he went out of business, we became poor an started to receive food stamps an survived off of social security an my moms salery as high school cafeteria salery.  There marrage went down tha tubes an my mom began to cheat on him,  he knows it,  even though they still live 2gether there pretty much seperated.  My dad takes enough medication to knock a hourse out,  an tha funny thing is that it dont work anymore,  he is in so much pain that he spends most of tha time in bed now.  I have very few friends b/c most people who i considered to be my best friends all turned there back on me on one way or another,  i see everything else every1 else has an wonder why i have to live this life of shit,  my life has very little joy in it so why should i believe in God has he done for me.

P.S.  i know some1 will say that god was watchin over my dad when his van fell on him b/c he should of been dead,  he should of died an if he lived tha doctors said there was a 90% he would be brain dead,  some1 will stay i should be thankful that he is still alive an not brain dead but tha question i have is why did something like this have to happen to my dad,  a good guy with a wife an 3 kids to support,  why should i believe in god when there is so little happiness in my life.  Hell i used to go to church every sunday,  i would go to fuckin religion,  what did all that do for me,  nutin

I ask myself these question often...

why did my mom died when i was 17 and not when i was 37???

why did lil" j die at 18 and not live too see 98???

Why do bad things happen to good people???

these are all good question to ask yourself when you are questioning if there is a lord... or higher power....

but the real question that brings faith into my heart is....

Why do bird fly and who thought of giving them wing and feathers???

why does the earth spin giving us gravity to stay put???

why does the sun shine over us???

why are there trees that give us air.. rain to give us water...
why can i see the things around me...
thats what gives me my faith in god... not the negative question.. but the one no one can really really answer

i am a catholic too

Joachim

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2001, 01:06:13 AM »
Ima catholic, my belief in God changes almost day by day, religion can cause so much pain, violence and destruction, but it can also be comforting and reassuring. Im from an irish family so i only go to church to please my Nan, because without her my life has little meaning...

infinite59

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2001, 02:32:41 AM »
I believe in Allah, the most high, most beneficient, most merciful, the Creator of all.  He begeteth not, nor is he begotten.  With no beggining and no ending. Infinite.

infinite59

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2001, 02:34:40 AM »
I believe in all the prophets.  All prophets being as human as you or I, and equal under God.  Allah, the Supreme Being, The Creator of All.  All that is in the World belongs to and was created by Allah.  All of my shortcomings can be attributed to my own immortality and weakness, and all good that I have contributed to the Earth shall be attributed to Allah, (God).

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2001, 04:10:54 AM »
I'm a Christian and I know God exists and is with me
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network