Author Topic: Social Issue 3: What's Ya'll Thoughts On.....  (Read 485 times)

PinkTowelGirl

Re: Social Issue 3: What's Ya'll Thoughts On.....
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2001, 04:57:29 AM »

Ima catholic, my belief in God changes almost day by day, religion can cause so much pain, violence and destruction, but it can also be comforting and reassuring. Im from an irish family so i only go to church to please my Nan, because without her my life has little meaning...

I disagree... People are what cause pain and hard ache.. what ever you believe should not ever cause you pain .... for the lord is with you... and loves you... a loving god would never hurt any of jos followers... you don't have to be catholic either.... any religion is good... give you peace and love... if you feel that religion cuase you pain and heart ache... then you must not really believe in what you worshipping
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jay ay Beee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • One of the Greatest Moments in Football History
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2001, 05:42:03 AM »
I'm a Catholic and I go to church cause I'm from an Irish family

Joachim

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2001, 07:25:31 AM »

I disagree... People are what cause pain and hard ache.. what ever you believe should not ever cause you pain .... for the lord is with you... and loves you... a loving god would never hurt any of jos followers... you don't have to be catholic either.... any religion is good... give you peace and love... if you feel that religion cuase you pain and heart ache... then you must not really believe in what you worshipping

My religion has never caused me any pain, my religion helped me through a long and hard 3 years in prison.

But what your saying is entirely true, people cause pain, not religion, but religion can be the reason people inflict pain on others, which i turn causes pain, violence and destruction.

.:N-Imy:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2001, 07:52:07 AM »
Me...personally...as short as I can put it....I am suppose to be a christian but consider myself part of no religion and I think religion causes more problems than it solves...I mean look at a lot of previous wars....a lot have been over religion and people dying becos of their religion...that ain't right.
N-Imy - Incipient  {[link=http://forum.igangsta.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=fouroneone;action=display;num=1010196585]Click Here[/link] for details}

"I believe that everything you do bad comes back to you. So everything that I do that's bad I'm going to suffer for it. But in my heart, I believe what I'm doing is right. So I feel like I'm going to heaven" - Tupac {June 1996}

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2001, 01:37:19 PM »
Jesus is my guy in the sky  :)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sub-Z

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2001, 02:14:15 PM »

im catholic an i question tha existance of god a lot,  my prays have never been answered,  i used to pray everynight nutin life altering would happen to my family,  they would all stay healthy,  tha day after thanksgiven 96 my dad was changin tha breaks on his van,  suptin wasnt comin off in tha wheel well,  that second he leaned under tha jack gave out,  he was supportin tha jack on his back,  he wound up paralyzed from tha waste down,  he was a plumber after tha accident after 15 years of ownin his own business he went out of business, we became poor an started to receive food stamps an survived off of social security an my moms salery as high school cafeteria salery.  There marrage went down tha tubes an my mom began to cheat on him,  he knows it,  even though they still live 2gether there pretty much seperated.  My dad takes enough medication to knock a hourse out,  an tha funny thing is that it dont work anymore,  he is in so much pain that he spends most of tha time in bed now.  I have very few friends b/c most people who i considered to be my best friends all turned there back on me on one way or another,  i see everything else every1 else has an wonder why i have to live this life of shit,  my life has very little joy in it so why should i believe in God has he done for me.

P.S.  i know some1 will say that god was watchin over my dad when his van fell on him b/c he should of been dead,  he should of died an if he lived tha doctors said there was a 90% he would be brain dead,  some1 will stay i should be thankful that he is still alive an not brain dead but tha question i have is why did something like this have to happen to my dad,  a good guy with a wife an 3 kids to support,  why should i believe in god when there is so little happiness in my life.  Hell i used to go to church every sunday,  i would go to fuckin religion,  what did all that do for me,  nutin

damn man i feel for ya,but im like u sorta,lately ive been questioning religion n shit like that,cause this past year has been real hard for me n my sister,my parents breakin up all tha court bullshit,just all kinds of bad breaks nothin seems to ever go right for us lately,but it seems shits startin to fall back in place and things r startin to get better,i kno theres a god,cause my only major prayer has been answered,which is to keep me and my family (especially my grandmother which was more like a mom to me growin up than my actual mother) healthy,cause family is really important to me i dunno what id do without my family

p.s.im christian

grimace

• 'G'
  • I know she know, ima dog, but i liked the way she licked my balls. I know she knows, i aint shit, but i liked the way she sucked my dick.
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2001, 04:08:35 PM »
Alright. I have an opinion on religion that I really doubt anyone thinks. So here goes:

Religion is evil. Organized Religion was something set up 100s, even 1000s of years ago to control society. The fear of eternal damnation is a frightining thought. Many people followed it, and still do to this day, fearing that their soul will not rest in Heaven. If you listen to Ras Kass's Nature of The Threat he makes some intresting points about the flaws in Christianity(although i think over half of it is probably bullshit). Judism and Christianity were the start of a belief in one God, making them the basis for most other religions with that belief(hence the reasoning behind most religions having the same structure-just a few differences).

Now, don't thuink I'm some God hating radical, because I believe in God. God made this planet. He made this universe. Wether or not he made Adam and Eve, or wether evolution is what took place, God is responsible for our creation. It's just I doubt he'd want us to deprive ourselves from simple pleasures, and want us to pray and worship him.

Religion has caused so much death, hatred, and misunderstanding. From the Puritans and the Salem Witch trails, to much of the middle east situation, to the fighting in England so long ago that killed many kings and people. People are brutally killed in the name of religion every day.

Also, many people misunderstand religion, twisting it and using it to justify their wrongs.

Hitler belived he was doing God's work.
Same with the KKK. They believe they represent Christianity.
Hell, the terrorists that attacked us believe they are representing their religion.

Even in lesser ways, religion is warped. There's this christian breakfast club at my school. Me and my friend(who happens to be a goth) went there. I was hugged, and they were friendly, and opened up to me. They ignored my friend. Even called him satanic. Evil. Worthless. And, he's more religious than I. He's a devout Christian. He just doesn't get sucked up into the bullshit. He'd get into heaven 5 times quicker than I would. But they shun him.

Religion is evil. It's been thrown around more than a sluts panties.

infinite59

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2001, 01:15:57 AM »

Alright. I have an opinion on religion that I really doubt anyone thinks. So here goes:

Religion is evil. Organized Religion was something set up 100s, even 1000s of years ago to control society. The fear of eternal damnation is a frightining thought. Many people followed it, and still do to this day, fearing that their soul will not rest in Heaven. If you listen to Ras Kass's Nature of The Threat he makes some intresting points about the flaws in Christianity(although i think over half of it is probably bullshit). Judism and Christianity were the start of a belief in one God, making them the basis for most other religions with that belief(hence the reasoning behind most religions having the same structure-just a few differences).

Now, don't thuink I'm some God hating radical, because I believe in God. God made this planet. He made this universe. Wether or not he made Adam and Eve, or wether evolution is what took place, God is responsible for our creation. It's just I doubt he'd want us to deprive ourselves from simple pleasures, and want us to pray and worship him.

Religion has caused so much death, hatred, and misunderstanding. From the Puritans and the Salem Witch trails, to much of the middle east situation, to the fighting in England so long ago that killed many kings and people. People are brutally killed in the name of religion every day.

Also, many people misunderstand religion, twisting it and using it to justify their wrongs.

Hitler belived he was doing God's work.
Same with the KKK. They believe they represent Christianity.
Hell, the terrorists that attacked us believe they are representing their religion.

Even in lesser ways, religion is warped. There's this christian breakfast club at my school. Me and my friend(who happens to be a goth) went there. I was hugged, and they were friendly, and opened up to me. They ignored my friend. Even called him satanic. Evil. Worthless. And, he's more religious than I. He's a devout Christian. He just doesn't get sucked up into the bullshit. He'd get into heaven 5 times quicker than I would. But they shun him.

Religion is evil. It's been thrown around more than a sluts panties.

Your post should have been "the Christian Religion is evil" because that seems to be the only religion you are familiar with.

Try to prove your case against Islam or even Buddism the way you did against Christianity, and then I'll give you respect.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2001, 06:43:23 AM »
I come from a mix religious family. My dad is a Christian but he ain't religious whereas my mom is  Buddhist and she is quite religious. I don't have a specific religion but I try to study all of the religions. I have read some of the Qu'ran and the Bible plus I have been to the Buddhist temple many times. All I know is that I believe in God. I pray all the time and some of them get answered. I definitely believe in God because it seems that there are signs everywhere that lead me into the right direction. I don't know if any of you will understand what I'm talking about but I guess you would have to witness it.

grimace

• 'G'
  • I know she know, ima dog, but i liked the way she licked my balls. I know she knows, i aint shit, but i liked the way she sucked my dick.
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2001, 09:15:40 AM »

Your post should have been "the Christian Religion is evil" because that seems to be the only religion you are familiar with.

Try to prove your case against Islam or even Buddism the way you did against Christianity, and then I'll give you respect.

Christianity is the religion I am most familiar with, and therefore it's easier to bring up that one.

All the religious clashes is my arguement for the others. Arguments, fights, even wars are started in the name of religion/due to religious differences.

I wish to learn more about other religions. What are some good books to get to enlighten me on others.

infinite59

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2001, 10:22:47 PM »

Christianity is the religion I am most familiar with, and therefore it's easier to bring up that one.

All the religious clashes is my arguement for the others. Arguments, fights, even wars are started in the name of religion/due to religious differences.

I wish to learn more about other religions. What are some good books to get to enlighten me on others.

Read the biography of Malcolm X by Alex Haley, or watch the movie if you don't like to read, and you'll see the transition of a man from....
1. the son of a Priest
2. to a jive talking young man
3. to an angry, frustrated, violent criminal
4. to a pathetic, worthless, crack attic
5. locked up and loosing his mind
6. Finds the Nation of Islam- Black Muslims
7. Transforms himself into a spiritually enlightened revolutionary, teacher of the people.
8.  Finds true Islam wich is Orthodox Islam, which is for all people white, black, red, yellow, brown.
9.  He establishes an organization to fight for 'Human Rights' the rights of all races and people.
10.  He dies a fullfilled, whole, and peaceful individual, a martyr, dying for what he believed in.  A legend.

As for learning about Buddism, get some books on Krishna conscious.

ToNe1904

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2001, 12:35:17 AM »
i used tah go to church when i was lil. but thas when momz made me. but we aint into it no more. i think more people these days say they are religious out of fear of being wrong, rather then actual belief. i have a hard time saying, there is no "God". But, im at tha point where...i need to see proof before i believe anything. true there are different thingz that happen that followers of a certain religion would explain as being the doing of God. But there is alwayz an equal argument against it...n most of time...a more logical one. I think that people use their belief in "God" as a comfort more then anything. Its hard for people to admit that, they JUST dont understand everything. so rather then admit that, they jus chalk it up to the doing of god, since god supposedly has a reason for doing everything. True, i dont know ALOT about every religion out there so i cant judge. but from what ive seen so far, that is where i get mah views. i think long ago, tha rules n stories of tha bible an otha such books....were simply a set of rules n fairy tales. used to keep people in line. n im sure it worked well, i mean....it still does for a lotta people. but times change, the world changes....but people still believe religion doesnt. why? EVERYTHING changes, its the only constant. my view now is, people have more power then they think. i believe in a persons ability to do thingz that are out of their explaination....n even seem sumwhat miraculous. People dont give themself enuff credit. Although, part of me wants to believe in a god....i know i will probably never believe in church. its too corrupt. anyone who needs to speak with god should be able to do it themself. One more questionable thing about religion...there are 100'z....1000'z of religions in this world. alot of them follow generally the same mold only using different names. but many are completely different the the others. but they all believe that THEIR religion is what will bring u to heaven....or whereva it is u should go after u die. now....which religion is right? all of them? then whats the point in picking one? Whatever u believe, my thoughts are....as long as it makez u a betta person....then thas wha u need to do. if for sum reason it makes u a betta person to think that therez an invisible frog on yur shoulder....well then damn....believe it. lol

ToNe1904

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2001, 12:41:00 AM »

Read the biography of Malcolm X by Alex Haley, or watch the movie if you don't like to read, and you'll see the transition of a man from....
1. the son of a Priest
2. to a jive talking young man
3. to an angry, frustrated, violent criminal
4. to a pathetic, worthless, crack attic
5. locked up and loosing his mind
6. Finds the Nation of Islam- Black Muslims
7. Transforms himself into a spiritually enlightened revolutionary, teacher of the people.
8.  Finds true Islam wich is Orthodox Islam, which is for all people white, black, red, yellow, brown.
9.  He establishes an organization to fight for 'Human Rights' the rights of all races and people.
10.  He dies a fullfilled, whole, and peaceful individual, a martyr, dying for what he believed in.  A legend.

As for learning about Buddism, get some books on Krishna conscious.

i have tha biography of malcom x myself, i read in my freshman year of high school. yah, i recomend too. i mean, whether for tha religiouz reasons....or just american history in general. i think therez a lotta misconceptions about malcom x that are shown to be untrue in that book. n thatz a example of religion really being sumthing to turn sum1'z life around. thas a case where i can agree with religion.....

TheSheriff

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2001, 02:08:12 AM »
Hmm, Islam can be evil because: Well, didn't someone claiming Islam kill 5000 innocents, including other Muslims, and whose actions have led to nearly 200 more deaths of civilians of the country which has sheltered him? Hasn't his action let to the killing of a heroic CIA agent?

Bin Laden is evil, if ever the word was needed. He believes he's doing Allah's work. Well, if he is doing Allah's work, Allah is an asshole, plain and simple.

infinite59

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2001, 04:57:08 AM »
If you insist on calling Islam evil, citing the Sept. 11th trajedy as your proof.....

Then you should also call Christianity evil, for it's role in slavery.  The white man brought bibles to Africa, and perpetually enforced Christianity on slaves in an effort to keep them 'turning the other cheek to oppresion.'

America enslaved Africa in an effort to garner more money and power for the white race, while oppressing individuals considered to be a mere 3/5's human.

The reason many African Americans turn to Islam is because Islam was the religion of their ancestors.  Before their heritage was viscously interupted by slavery, and 'the Christian way of life.'  They were given white names and slave names, and cut off from their previous Islamic culture.

The Taliban sought military action to better the life's of their historically oppressed people, and put them on a level more 'equal' to that of America's.