Author Topic: Wiz Khalifa Reveals O.N.I.F.C. Meaning (new album)  (Read 321 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Wiz Khalifa Reveals O.N.I.F.C. Meaning (new album)
« on: February 03, 2012, 11:59:09 PM »
Title of sophomore album stands for 'Only N----a in First Class,' Wiz explains on 'Sway in the Morning.'

Wiz Khalifa is riding high off of his success, but it isn't all good. On his sophomore album, O.N.I.F.C., Wiz will celebrate his victories, but he promises to give fans the other side, too.

"It's the Only N-Word in First Class," Wiz said, breaking down the much-speculated upon acronym when he appeared on "Sway in the Morning" on Shade 45 on Friday (February 3). "It's inspired by Prodigy's H.N.I.C. When he dropped that, I felt like that sounded so strong."

When broken down, the title of Prodigy's 2000 debut stands for "Head N---a in Charge," so for his Only N---a in First Class, Wiz took cues from the Mobb Deep MC. There is a clean version of the album, too:

One Night in First Class. Still, for Wiz the explicit title has so much more meaning. "I was just talking about me being a young rich dude and being black," Wiz told Shade 45 hosts Sway and Devi Dev about his experience in airports. "It looks crazy to them when I walk up to them and show them my ticket or I'm going in priority seating, They're like 'You're sure?' "

On one hand Khalifa is glad that he's made it; on the other, the racism that he's experienced has left a bad taste in the rapper's mouth. "It's a good feeling and then it's like a bad feeling because it's like, 'Damn, why do you feel like that about me,' " he said.

Wiz Khalifa wants to motivate Pittsburgh artists with his success.

Earlier in the interview, the Pittsburgh spitter told Sway how his next album will differ from his first. "When I did Rolling Papers, I was like, I'm gonna make these big songs, I'm gonna make these big records," he said. "What I did before when I made my music was I just went in there and made music and it was what I really liked and what I felt at the time. I kinda developed a pattern of what I was going towards and that's what I did on this album."

No word on when O.N.I.F.C. will be released, but Wiz says it is pretty much done. He didn't confirm any guests, but he did reveal that he worked with at least one pretty accomplished producer. "I got production from Pharrell on there. I worked with a lot of different people on this one, but I kept the sound really consistent," he said. "I made sure everybody that I worked with and everything that I did, they all came to my world with it."

If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Wiz Khalifa Reveals O.N.I.F.C. Meaning (new album)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 09:23:35 PM »
smh @ posting this as if people fucking care

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 09:46:27 PM »
This fool is wondering why people look sideways at some guy tatted up from eyebrow to toenail probly smellin like 20 blunts and wearing some outlandish ass clothes getting on first class filled with rich old money types of people.  Must be racism. 

I wonder if hes being ignorant on purpose or knowingly.  Its 1 or the other.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 04:43:05 PM »
This fool is wondering why people look sideways at some guy tatted up from eyebrow to toenail probly smellin like 20 blunts and wearing some outlandish ass clothes getting on first class filled with rich old money types of people.  Must be racism. 

I wonder if hes being ignorant on purpose or knowingly.  Its 1 or the other.

lol I was thinking the same way, You're a fucking rap artist talking about fucking your girls friend if she aint down to fuck for the night, being intoxicated 24/7 and never coming off it, bragging about how much swag and game you got. Your not some civil rights artist who worked hard to get out the fucking ghetto, Your a fucking rapper, a musician, who's part of a genre where your whole persona is based off what you rap about. 

Of Course people going to turn their heard and might treat you differently. Your fucking genres music recycles the same shit 24/7 since its inception.

I mean for fucks sakes, if you call yourself a nigga I'm just treat your ass like one. Cause you're obviously too fucking stupid to figure out its not a good thing. Half the blacks today don't even know why they do that shit, but they just do.

ignorant motherfuckers.  8)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 11:52:17 AM »
i know what Khalifa means tho.  i get that feeling when i walk into certain stores or show up at different Lounges. 

i don't take it personal tho, i'm just like "Fuck Em"