Author Topic: Annual Springtime Daz R.R.G.B. Appreciation Thread  (Read 1274 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Annual Springtime Daz R.R.G.B. Appreciation Thread
« on: February 07, 2012, 10:36:22 AM »
Daz- Revenge Retaliation Get Back

This classic album was released on the eve of spring around 14 years ago back in 1998.  It would be the last classic Death Row album, feat. the signature Death Row sound with all the usual cast and characters from Pac, to Nate, to Kurupt and Snoop, even Ital Joe and the nicca from Big Pimpin make their presence felt.

The first single "In California" sounded like a bonafied hit right off the top, yet possibly by this time Suge and Death Row were being blackballed by the industry.  Either that or rap fans were too busy buying up Master P/No Limit albums at the time and had forgotten about the West.  The album failed commercially.  Selling somewhere around 300,000 total.

Yet for fans like myself it's in heavy rotation every year at this time for me.  Its like a tradition on the eve of spring I always dust off Revenge Retaliation Get Back and roll to it.  1998 was the year I turned 16 and got my drivers liscence just after this album was released.  Always brings back memories.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Annual Springtime Daz R.R.G.B. Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 01:32:54 PM »
Classic album for sure. U right, it was Death Row's last classic.

Snoop did say the bought a nice of that Cd to create perception, but it still flopped, for their usual sales track. Pac's death effect on the west etc....

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 01:58:04 PM »

Snoop did say the bought a nice of that Cd to create perception, but it still flopped, for their usual sales track. Pac's death effect on the west etc....

Yeah, I thought Snoop's comments on the album were rather odd.  He said he's never even heard it.  And that he didn't want to listen to it because Daz was dissin him at that time.  Daz may have dissed him in the media around that time, but as far as the album itself, Snoop appears on it and is even shouted out on the album.  So there was no Snoop diss on the album.  Also, if Death Row bought up copies they didn't buy that damn many... because I don't even think it went gold.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 02:05:11 PM »

Yeah, I thought Snoop's comments on the album were rather odd.  He said he's never even heard it.  And that he didn't want to listen to it because Daz was dissin him at that time.  Daz may have dissed him in the media around that time, but as far as the album itself, Snoop appears on it and is even shouted out on the album.  So there was no Snoop diss on the album.  Also, if Death Row bought up copies they didn't buy that damn many... because I don't even think it went gold.

Soopafly's guest spots and production skills really made that album great.  One of the best from the west.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 02:08:06 PM »
Daz- Revenge Retaliation Get Back

This classic album was released on the eve of spring around 14 years ago back in 1998.  It would be the last classic Death Row album, feat. the signature Death Row sound with all the usual cast and characters from Pac, to Nate, to Kurupt and Snoop, even Ital Joe and the nicca from Big Pimpin make their presence felt.

The first single "In California" sounded like a bonafied hit right off the top, yet possibly by this time Suge and Death Row were being blackballed by the industry.  Either that or rap fans were too busy buying up Master P/No Limit albums at the time and had forgotten about the West.  The album failed commercially.  Selling somewhere around 300,000 total.

Yet for fans like myself it's in heavy rotation every year at this time for me.  Its like a tradition on the eve of spring I always dust off Revenge Retaliation Get Back and roll to it.  1998 was the year I turned 16 and got my drivers liscence just after this album was released.  Always brings back memories.

its not spring for awhile NIK

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 02:13:33 PM »

Soopafly's guest spots and production skills really made that album great.  One of the best from the west.

Yeah, Soopafly was at the top of his game at the time.  Daz also had a lot of heat left in the tank.  Funny thing about it is I remember them reporting that Daz was the "Vice President and CEO" of Death Row while Suge was in prison upon the release of the album.   Then they did the same shit when Kurupt went over to the Row in 2004.  Both times it didn't mean or amount to shit.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 02:32:38 PM »
eve is generally less than 6 weeks NIK

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »
eve of spring hahah its almost exactly the middle of winter you fuckin idiot

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2012, 04:46:17 PM »

"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 08:16:14 PM »
this album aint no muthpahukkin classic IDGAF what anybody says this album didnt stand out at all plain azz late death row sounding shit. like they're soundtracks its too fucking clustered and over the place no real direction with the album.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 08:18:29 PM »
this album aint no muthpahukkin classic IDGAF what anybody says this album didnt stand out at all plain azz late death row sounding shit. like they're soundtracks its too fucking clustered and over the place no real direction with the album.
initiated is a classic though lol

bouli77

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 12:17:10 AM »

agreed, it's not a classic. it's a very good album nonetheless, but yeah there's no real direction with the album. there's a cohesive sound even though you can feel tracks were added here and there (initiated for example), Daz, Soopa & Carl Butch Smalls did their thing music wise. still my favorite Daz cd with RAW.

that album is supposed to have sold 800k copies, which I highly doubt, and Snoop may be right about Death Row buying copies to hype up the release. Snoop said Daz dissed him on the album but I doubt he did it, but he did diss him on "What It Iz", on the R.A.W. album. so Snoop might have confused that album with R.A.W.. one thing for sure is that Snoop was pissed that Daz was still on Death Row and working on Snoop material (including a Snoop greatest hits), making money off of his name in a sense and that's where their falling out stems from.

Sccit

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 12:44:21 AM »
it's at the very least a near classic...but i see how one would call it a classic. this album got better with time. bump it.

doggfather

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2012, 05:01:58 AM »
it's at the very least a near classic...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

JnbDubCee

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2012, 05:20:22 AM »
have to agree with the threadstarter..it IS a fucking west coast classic..fuck wat anyone else says..

crooked i co-signs also..