Author Topic: Annual Springtime Daz R.R.G.B. Appreciation Thread  (Read 1311 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Annual Springtime Daz R.R.G.B. Appreciation Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2013, 12:44:00 AM »
 8)

Will_B

« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2013, 12:51:09 AM »
8)

Daz album is one of my favourite 'slept on' West Coast classics

Shit just bangs, even that Thank God for My Life track. Daz wasn't afraid to put what he loved on wax. For that he's one of the most realist cats in the game.

bouli77

« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2013, 01:02:40 AM »
I was bumpin the album like two months ago and I realized how this shit was better than what he has put out since... lyrically it wasn't genius but at least it was somehow decent the way he put rhymes together and he wasn't a caricature of himself like he's been from 2006 on. a lot of shit still sounds retarded though. but you have more introspective songs like Only 4 U and Baby Mama Drama which is an oddball, but an excellent song nonetheless. Daz's verses are dope and Lil C Style kills it. The weak songs, to me, are : In California => never really liked that song, it sounds nice but it's way too cliché, it's a subpar California Love, and I don't really like California themed song, unless it's really really dope (like West Up or California Love) / The Ultimate Come Up => never liked the beat, Bad Azz and Eiht sound out of place. The rest is consistent and versatile, Daz can make gangsta songs, raunchy songs, and love songs alright. Kurupt is on point on most of his features. The intro and first songs are fucking dope (hell of a posse cut with a typical Daz beat). The bay features are on point.

That album still sounds good nowadays, while I think R.A.W. didn't really stand the test of time even though it's still my second favorite Daz album.

I know a lot of people shit on Thank God 4 U Life but I always liked the weird beat and Tha Gang all spit solid verses, even Daz with his cheesy singing lol.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2013, 10:51:38 PM »
How can you not like "In California"?

That really fucked me up as a kid.  Because I had always that shit sounded like a sure fire hit to me if Id ever heard one.  Yet it barely ever got played on BET, never got played on MTV and radio... and they were steady playin this Master P trash.  It was an injustice.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2013, 10:56:32 PM »
Oh no was the jam!

Sccit

« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2013, 11:00:22 PM »

That really fucked me up as a kid.  Because I had always that shit sounded like a sure fire hit to me if Id ever heard one.  Yet it barely ever got played on BET, never got played on MTV and radio... and they were steady playin this Master P trash.  It was an injustice.

i actually heard it on the radio the other day 8)

but ur right, how can u not like that joint? i guess it's a lil different when u aint never been 2 cali, but still..

Will_B

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2013, 11:41:17 PM »
Oh no was the jam!

Incredible hyped up beat

bouli77

« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2013, 02:30:43 AM »

too cliché and not executed well enough, it's an alright track for sure, definitely one of the tracks that i skip on RR&GB, i was wrong when i said "never really liked that song" cause I liked it a lot when I was a teen but I realized the raps weren't that good.

HighEyeCue

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2013, 02:41:09 AM »

it had no promo...Suge was in jail at that point and Daz was the last man standing, I always thought this album should have sold more but the circumstances prevented it