Author Topic: did any of you listen to rakim before he joined aftermath?  (Read 483 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
did any of you listen to rakim before he joined aftermath?
« on: February 02, 2003, 12:36:08 PM »
i doubt most of you people did

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

EM28

Re:did any of you listen to rakim before he joined aftermath?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 12:39:01 PM »
yup i did, i know its hard for you to believe since i'm an AFTERMATH DICKRYDER, IYO.  I thought he was dope and will be with his new release hopefully

peace

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 12:46:02 PM »
Since "Guess Who's Back" and The 18th Letter.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 01:21:37 PM »
I bought Let The Rhythm Hit 'Em after I saw it as a 5 Mic album in the 100th issue of The Source. I bought 18th Letter after that. Never a huge fan but respect and understand why he is considered the greatest although I prefer KRS.

BIG.DADDY

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • back da fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2003, 01:36:56 PM »
I've been listening every since Paid In Full. That was deffinitly a classic.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2003, 02:01:24 PM »
I been a fan since 97 when I came across an Eric B and Rakims greatest hits cd on the web. Dope cd.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2003, 02:03:57 PM »
i did. thats why i was dissapointed to hear he joined aftermath.

ra & premo>>>ra & dre anyday.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2003, 02:05:01 PM by smartass »
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2003, 02:35:16 PM »

Why would you be disapointed?  Premo only did like two tracks on each of his last two albums and that's what he'll probably do on this one.  If he didn't sign to Aftermath there wouldn't be a full Ra/Prime album.

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2003, 02:49:18 PM »
Since "Guess Who's Back" and The 18th Letter.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2003, 03:13:02 PM »

Why would you be disapointed?  Premo only did like two tracks on each of his last two albums and that's what he'll probably do on this one.  If he didn't sign to Aftermath there wouldn't be a full Ra/Prime album.

i don't want to hear him rap over shitty leftovers like he gave em and 50.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Murrow

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2003, 03:37:15 PM »
Nope, but I am glad Dre brought him to my full attention tho when he signed him.

S.G.V.

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2003, 03:57:15 PM »
Never a huge fan but respect and understand why he is considered the greatest although I prefer KRS.
i had always heard Eric B and Rakim...but they never appealed to me...18th Letter was probably the first time i ever really listened to Rakim...

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2003, 05:31:52 PM »
i had heard his shit but never got into him......when i heard that he signed to aftermath im jumped on him and downloaded all his shit......now i like him alot........and i think this new album is gonna be a classic.......and to who ever said dre gives shitty leftovers to 50 and eminem.....that stuff they get is better that most beats out there......so ill take dres shitty leftover beats anyday.......but this is Rakim and there is no shitty leftovers here he gonna make sure its a classic and its tight......

bez

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2003, 05:43:32 PM »
nope, I'm a sweaty dick ryder

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2003, 06:35:30 PM »
paid in full was before my time..I first got into him when i got the 18th letter