Author Topic: [News] The Lady Of Rage - Re-release - 2012  (Read 1109 times)

donfathaimmortal

[News] The Lady Of Rage - Re-release - 2012
« on: February 23, 2012, 03:06:20 AM »
Tha Don Fatha sayz :

In order to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Death Row Records, WIDEawake Death Row gonna RErelease The Lady Of Rage album in April 2012.
So, can we hope they add bonus tracks ? Perhaps.

The new release of WIDEawke Death Row will be release in May.
For 2012, they planned to drop :
- DPG CD
- New Snoop Doggy Dogg Greatest Hits with "new" unreleased songs
- 2 compilation of unreleased material by various Death Row inmates
- DVDs

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 03:16:12 AM by donfathaimmortal »
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Will_B

Re: [News] The Lady Of Rage - Re-release - 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:23:39 AM »
Sound good.

They should package the Rage album with a bonus cd or DVD of stuff.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 03:32:55 AM »
Sounds good, hopefully it will all be in good quality.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 04:13:05 AM »
i see their 2pac album isn't on the list anymore.....how hard is it to pick 13 tracks from a list of 31 and release it?  smh @ that

as for Rage, they better be throwing on some new material if they want sales

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 06:10:01 AM »
Tha Don Fatha sayz :

In order to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Death Row Records, WIDEawake Death Row gonna RErelease The Lady Of Rage album in April 2012.
So, can we hope they add bonus tracks ? Perhaps.

The new release of WIDEawke Death Row will be release in May.
For 2012, they planned to drop :
- DPG CD
- New Snoop Doggy Dogg Greatest Hits with "new" unreleased songs
- 2 compilation of unreleased material by various Death Row inmates
- DVDs

That's the least they can possibly do! WITHOUT any bonus WHAT'S THE POINT re-releasing it? It ain't like it was never re-released before either, remember when Suge re-released the entire catalogue under "Tha Row" logo?

& How about some NEW material & a new ALBUM from Rage? THAT would be far more inteesting!

Quadruple OG

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 08:01:04 AM »
i see their 2pac album isn't on the list anymore.....how hard is it to pick 13 tracks from a list of 31 and release it?  smh @ that

They'd have to deal with the red tape that is 2pac's Mom and Interscope.

Okka

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 08:07:53 AM »
Fuck a re-release, i wanna hear the unreleased music.

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 08:22:25 AM »
Fuck a re-release, i wanna hear the unreleased music.

We agree on that one!

Schreibs21

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 08:41:50 AM »
Their already released catalog is far more valuable than unreleased music, they're proven money makers. From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense to re-release all of their albums, now if they were smart they would add bonuses to each re-release as well.

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 08:44:31 AM »
Their already released catalog is far more valuable than unreleased music, they're proven money makers. From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense to re-release all of their albums, now if they were smart they would add bonuses to each re-release as well.

That was the main interest in their "Chronic" re-release. Now if you take the Kurupt re-release, the interest was... null?

Schreibs21

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 08:53:07 AM »

That was the main interest in their "Chronic" re-release. Now if you take the Kurupt re-release, the interest was... null?

You can't look at the hardcore fans that want the unreleased music, you have to look at the casual fan, those far outweigh the hardcore fans. Sure it was the main interest for like 500 people but not for the other 25,000 or whatever it was that bought it. Also I guess I should clarify that they should re-release all the albums that were popular, ie up until around 2001 or so.

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2012, 09:17:21 AM »

You can't look at the hardcore fans that want the unreleased music, you have to look at the casual fan, those far outweigh the hardcore fans. Sure it was the main interest for like 500 people but not for the other 25,000 or whatever it was that bought it. Also I guess I should clarify that they should re-release all the albums that were popular, ie up until around 2001 or so.

I can understand your point but those "casual" fans, what difference does it make to them to buy this "new" re-release compared to the "oG" Death Row release or one of "Tha Row" re-releases? Considering they all have the exact same tracklisting? Another point is that most "new" fans might not even longer care for hard dicscs compared to i-Tunes & such? So what's the argument to "push" the sales without any "bonus" I ask? Where's the "added value" you know?

scratch42069

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2012, 09:18:59 AM »
Let me guess, they're going to call Rage's Necessary Roughness something retarded like Eargasm or some other name that had nothing to do with the album. They butchered Against The Grain and had the opportunity to release it in it's original form but removed the diss tracks and called it Down & Dirty. They ruined Chronic Re-Lit by adding 93/94 songs as bonus tracks that weren't even recorded during the time of The Chronic. Here's what they need to do. If you're going to re-release, re-release. Don't fucking rename or take away from it, re-fucking-release the damn thing.

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
Tha Don Fatha sayz :

WIDEAwake Death Row plans to begin with this rerelease of Rage album (April), but they also gonna release various projects with unreleased material by tha Death Row inmates, the first in April and more during the second part of 2012. I hope the Dogg Pound compilation to be in store this summer.
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 12:43:15 PM »
how much did the first issue sell anyway