Author Topic: [News] The Lady Of Rage - Re-release - 2012  (Read 1131 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: [News] The Lady Of Rage - Re-release - 2012
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 04:31:54 AM »
Not to be disrespectfull, but who is waiting for a re-release of Lady Of Rage's Necessary Roughness? Is it not one of less populair death row releases? Anyway, for me re-releases are cool IF we get some bonus songs/remixes/unreleased stuff. I'm not buying it for better sound quality only.

NIBIRU

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2012, 05:05:22 PM »
we want only the original music
100% FRENCH FUNK

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 07:24:32 AM »
any confirmed news that it`s juts a re-release or will the put bonus on it? runtime of teh album is ~ 61 minutes so they could atleast add 3 bonus songs to it

Will_B

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 07:25:43 AM »
any confirmed news that it`s juts a re-release or will the put bonus on it? runtime of teh album is ~ 61 minutes so they could atleast add 3 bonus songs to it

Better as a second disc IMO. Even as just a few tracks.

Schreibs21

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2012, 07:42:37 AM »
Their already released catalog is far more valuable than unreleased music, they're proven money makers. From a business standpoint it makes perfect sense to re-release all of their albums, now if they were smart they would add bonuses to each re-release as well.

That was the main interest in their "Chronic" re-release. Now if you take the Kurupt re-release, the interest was... null?

You can't look at the hardcore fans that want the unreleased music, you have to look at the casual fan, those far outweigh the hardcore fans. Sure it was the main interest for like 500 people but not for the other 25,000 or whatever it was that bought it. Also I guess I should clarify that they should re-release all the albums that were popular, ie up until around 2001 or so.

I can understand your point but those "casual" fans, what difference does it make to them to buy this "new" re-release compared to the "oG" Death Row release or one of "Tha Row" re-releases? Considering they all have the exact same tracklisting? Another point is that most "new" fans might not even longer care for hard dicscs compared to i-Tunes & such? So what's the argument to "push" the sales without any "bonus" I ask? Where's the "added value" you know?

Because the older versions are discontinued so once they run out in stores they're gone, whereas the newest re-release/remaster will now be the one to get continually stockpiled. I don't think there is a definitive answer as to why a casual fan wants to buy the new release besides the fact that the older versions will no longer exist. It could be they scratched their disc or lost it or it's a new fan and they know The Chronic or Doggystyle are classics so they go pick it up. Regardless, it happens with every artist that has re-releases, the well known classic albums will continue to sell well.

i think that type of marketing aproach would work ay-okay in the 90's. i dont c a point tho, in re-issuing a lousy compact disc for the 4th time in 2012, n expect some kind of "revenue"

a customer might as well pick up the og-print for a few bucks on ebay or amazon instead

This is what their business plan should have been to maximize any money they want to see, they started off right with Chronic Re-lit and to date has been their biggest selling album, why? Because it's a classic album, and people buy them regardless if it's been reissued over the years. They need to re-release these albums, and optimally should add some bonus songs to each, whether its leftovers from the album or at least songs from the era...

The Chronic (done)
Doggystyle
Murder Was The Case
Dogg Food
All Eyez On Me
Tha Doggfather
Makaveli

Soundtracks such as Above The Rim, Gang Related and Gridlock'd I can see going either way, that's up to them, but stop releasing albums after Makaveli. And all you 2pac lovers out there, no bonus tracks will be added to those, guaranteed. I know I'm preaching to hardcore fans and I'm one as well, but you guys have to look at it from a business standpoint. Of course they're proving they suck as a business by re-releasing The Lady of Rage album, lol.