Author Topic: Kurupt needs some inspiration A.S.A.P.  (Read 1461 times)

DeeezNuuuts83

Re: Kurupt needs some inspiration A.S.A.P.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 06:06:51 PM »
Dude has the sickest aggressive flow EVER but its useless if youre just saying random words.
It's weird because his studio music is hit-or-miss, but I've seen random videos of him freestyling, and he can still spit nice shit off the top of his head, like on some freestyle he did on a video set within the past few years... it was entertaining.

I remember reading that "Trylogy" was completely freestyled, and "Live on the Mic" with KRS-One probably was too.

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 10:31:53 PM »
sounds like a cheap feature he did with no effort for 100 bux or some shit... the recording quality sounds pretty bad.

nothin is funnier than this, though:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-gfMGs1kuI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/m-gfMGs1kuI</a>

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2012, 05:18:14 AM »
I can't decide who is more wack, the current kurupt or Crooked I

I think maybe Crooked

:eh:

seriously?

yes, i liked his one rhyme...

bonafide benevolent, stomp like an elephant
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Mietek23

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2012, 05:40:46 AM »
Although Crooked himself is far from his prime recently, he's still miles ahead of Kurupt who sounds like a complete wacko these days... :( what the hell happened with this dude ??? He still had some nice rhymes in his "Against Tha Grain" days on Death Row, but now he just sounds terrible.

He should take a day off, lock himself up in his room, bump "Dogg Food" just to recall how dope he used to be and see if he's still able to bring just a lil' bit of that hunger and fire to his recent raps, which I still hope he can...

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 06:06:31 AM »
sounds like a cheap feature he did with no effort for 100 bux or some shit... the recording quality sounds pretty bad.

u know waht?
i think that might be the problem. hes in teh booth way too fuckin much. besides Snoop, there is no rapper on the West Coast who makes as many guest-appearances as Kurupt. hes everywhere

i think this kills the artistic influence on his craft. if u look at fine mc's like GZA/Genius,, this guy takes times time wit his bars, n he doesnt oversaturate his presence in the industry wit millions n millions of random "talkin shit"-guest-verses.

at the same time, i apreciate new Kurupt stuff all the time, cuz im a fan n i like to collect songs (as evidenced by my threads on this foruim), but its having a damaging effect on his pengame. like, how many verses can u actually write/rap before u lose ur steam?

im sayin, i dont think hes wack. hes just lazy as fuck n burnt out. "gotti, this guy needs a 16, oh okay.. lemme bust some shit real quick" bam! "here, send it to him"

Kurupt said, taht 2pac influenced DPG when it came to "work-ethic", and after Pac died they decided to step the creative process up. unfortuantely, it doesnt work for em. at least not for Kurupt. Kurupt is a bonafied MC, not a life-docuemntarian like 2pac, who can sribble down his throughts on paper whenever he feels somethin (liek Pac did). thats not what he should be in it for.
hes not a dyslectic neanderthal-rapper like Daz or Snoop either

take ur time wit ur thoughts and rhymes,
i know he still packs a punch on the lyrical tip, its just about motivation and energy or wahtever

songs like "Poetry ", and "the mic" (produced by terrrace martin) prove this (he still got it in him)

« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 06:22:21 AM by Michael Madsen »

HighEyeCue

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 06:47:42 AM »
I can't decide who is more wack, the current kurupt or Crooked I

I think maybe Crooked

:eh:

seriously?

yes, i liked his one rhyme...

bonafide benevolent, stomp like an elephant

yeah but I think Crooked is still pretty dope these days in comparison to Kurupt

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 08:07:51 AM »
you are rightt, kurupt can get pretty bad at times, especially on mixtapes,

if Kurupt and crooked both released a mixtape the same week i probably wouldn't listen to Kurupt's.

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

arubiano83

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 09:54:14 AM »
kurupt needs to work with bigger & better artists...people who can inspire him
or with people who can force him to step his game up (dre)

kurupt is the bizzy bone of the doggpound...
both were unfuckwithable, drugs and alcohol fucked both of them up, they fell off biggggggtime ..and now they are working with everybody with a computer ..
but they still have the skills to make classics..
all they need is a proffessional environment and the right people to work with

Okka

« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »
I hope that Dr. Dre really is helpin' Kurupt and Daz on their new album and he can get Kurupt back spittin' some real dope lyrics and not just some random words.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 03:57:30 PM »
kurupt dont have it in him no more. He's the westcoast Prodigy!

only thing saving prodigy is his beats!! and kurupt ain't got none. he continously  disappoints me the last like 4 albums. including the DPG albums. and i seriously can't recall a DOPE kurupt verse!

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 07:24:25 PM »

only thing saving prodigy is his beats!! and kurupt ain't got none. he continously  disappoints me the last like 4 albums. including the DPG albums. and i seriously can't recall a DOPE kurupt verse!

me neither.

all of his solo albums are throwaways unlistenable garbage.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 08:27:57 PM »

me neither.

well i wouldnt say all that cuz i like Kuruption and Thastreetzizamutha buttt overated of course by every fuckin DPG dickrider.

Lucifuge

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 02:44:54 AM »

Maybe Kurupt need go to jail like P and finde him selfe again. prodigy after jail mad dope
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

bouli77

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 07:03:24 AM »

me neither.

well i wouldnt say all that cuz i like Kuruption and Thastreetzizamutha buttt overated of course by every fuckin DPG dickrider.

space boogie was good too... after space boogie i stopped caring for his music pretty much. the last Kurupt performance i really liked was "push bacc" from Dilli & Gotti 2, and also money on my mind from daz's so so gangsta. but i'm not very up on his recent stuff, let's just say that the verses i heard on the dpg projects don't make me want to listen to more lol.

it's hard to believe it's the same guy who dropped monumental verses on Smooth, Got My Mind Made Up, NY NY lol... like Madsen said he's a parody of his former self, like a lot of veterans actually. i'm sure when Erick Sermon said (in his latest itw) that he was no longer rappin cause he wanted to protect his legacy and that too many rappers these days tarnish theirs with shitty, uninspired projects, he was thinking about rappers such as kurupt lol.

Portugoal

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 08:11:26 AM »
ill always have love for Kurupt Young Gotti, one of my favorite rappers of all time, but he has clearly reached the pinnacle of --- >>  :stupid:

Gotti, for ur own good - read some books, or take a walk in the woods or somthin n get some inspiration

cant help but to giggle after hearin this
http://limelinx.com/files/20bbd4406286e7d901c5ea339ce4624c
stream/dl

"i am alexander the greatest - a ryda, pusher, masher, smasher, hoodsta, gangsta, dumpa, blaster, shooter, looter, dumpa, trasher, actual blaster, natural slasher"

That doesn't sound any worse than a lot of other crap he's been spitting the last few years :P Personally I stopped caring about Kurupt (& Daz too) features, so I only listen to their own projects and even of those releases I expect nothing spectacular anymore.