0 (0%)
Chamillionaire
1 (3.3%)
Young Jeezy
1 (3.3%)
Ludacris
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author Topic: Who do you feel is the "King of the South"?  (Read 1180 times)

Sccit

Re: Who do you feel is the "King of the South"?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 06:46:01 PM »
pretty sure that king of the south doesnt have to do with how popular u are, but more so how RESPECTED u are...everyone in the south looks up to Scarface and show him madlove and respect. he's the pinnacle of the dirty south. most people look at Lil Wayne as a walkin joke. nothing royal about that.

Word, that's why ever artist & their mother reach out to him to work with him to make something of their career. Even T.I.'s boy, B.o.B. ran to him for a single.

& wrong. I don't know what world you live in where a "king" gets mad love & respect. A "king" just runs shit & people are forced to follow him due to his HEAVY influence. Hence why you have Nicki Minaj, Drake & Tyga dominating the radios trying to do their best Wayne impression.

It's kind of a demeaning term if you actually think about it. But you're too caught up in nostalgia to think about it. If I said I'm king of this forum, I'm belittling everyone else & putting myself on a higher pedestal. You don't think in a community that was BUILT off of ego & battling that just saying "I'm king of the south" is going to get you mad love & respect. That's where you just bring the whole NIK-factor into it. The part where you just hate Lil' Wayne & say everyone "looks at him like a joke". No, you look at him like a joke. Maybe some no name, actual blood artists who don't like him claiming view him as a joke, but a MAJORITY of people in the business who actually contribute & are a name don't view him as a joke.

Like I said, kings don't last forever. Eventually knew ones move in, like T.I. thought he was for a while & some people "accepted". You're only real defense against that is "uhhh, when I was eleven Scarface was king of the south, so he's king of the south because I can't think for myself & want to give the Hip Hop yearbook answer".

fact of the matter is, lil wayne sucks... real hip-hop heads dont view him as the king of shit and they don't acknowledge him as a top rapper. he's the king of whackass pop rap that they play on the radio, and that's where it ends. in terms of real hip-hop, the king of the south is scarface......west 2pac.....east biggie......lyricism rakim.....production dre etc. etc.. it doesnt change with each generation, moron....michael jackson will always be the king of pop, just like madonna will always be the queen of pep etc. it doesnt change to justin timberlake and britney spears when the new generation comes along. the king titles are forever. and only the great innovators of musical genres get to hold the title....dumbass 90s baby.

midwestryder

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 07:44:54 PM »
pretty sure that king of the south doesnt have to do with how popular u are, but more so how RESPECTED u are...everyone in the south looks up to Scarface and show him madlove and respect. he's the pinnacle of the dirty south. most people look at Lil Wayne as a walkin joke. nothing royal about that.

Word, that's why ever artist & their mother reach out to him to work with him to make something of their career. Even T.I.'s boy, B.o.B. ran to him for a single.

& wrong. I don't know what world you live in where a "king" gets mad love & respect. A "king" just runs shit & people are forced to follow him due to his HEAVY influence. Hence why you have Nicki Minaj, Drake & Tyga dominating the radios trying to do their best Wayne impression.

It's kind of a demeaning term if you actually think about it. But you're too caught up in nostalgia to think about it. If I said I'm king of this forum, I'm belittling everyone else & putting myself on a higher pedestal. You don't think in a community that was BUILT off of ego & battling that just saying "I'm king of the south" is going to get you mad love & respect. That's where you just bring the whole NIK-factor into it. The part where you just hate Lil' Wayne & say everyone "looks at him like a joke". No, you look at him like a joke. Maybe some no name, actual blood artists who don't like him claiming view him as a joke, but a MAJORITY of people in the business who actually contribute & are a name don't view him as a joke.

Like I said, kings don't last forever. Eventually knew ones move in, like T.I. thought he was for a while & some people "accepted". You're only real defense against that is "uhhh, when I was eleven Scarface was king of the south, so he's king of the south because I can't think for myself & want to give the Hip Hop yearbook answer".

fact of the matter is, lil wayne sucks... real hip-hop heads dont view him as the king of shit and they don't acknowledge him as a top rapper. he's the king of whackass pop rap that they play on the radio, and that's where it ends. in terms of real hip-hop, the king of the south is scarface......west 2pac.....east biggie......lyricism rakim.....production dre etc. etc.. it doesnt change with each generation, moron....michael jackson will always be the king of pop, just like madonna will always be the queen of pep etc. it doesnt change to justin timberlake and britney spears when the new generation comes along. the king titles are forever. and only the great innovators of musical genres get to hold the title....dumbass 90s baby.
NIKCC is 100 % right , Chamillitary Click. Chamillitary Click, once you a king your a king forever . scarface is king of south forever & that will never change,hater . lil wayne is king of jokes & hip pop crap .

doggfather

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2012, 12:18:08 AM »
scarface.....but outkast should be on the poll over many of those names.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

MURDERGHOST

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 01:29:35 AM »
Scarface...

doggfather

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2012, 06:22:09 AM »
where are 8Ball & MJG?!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2012, 09:34:42 AM »
LOL @ those who picked face... he gave it to tip.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »
imo we really can't base kots on just that because like everyone face has his detractors as well. it should be based on sales, discograghy, impact, consistency, work ethic, being relevent,etc. a few names on this list don't have this one way or another.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 11:09:11 AM »

fact of the matter is, lil wayne sucks... real hip-hop heads dont view him as the king of shit and they don't acknowledge him as a top rapper. he's the king of whackass pop rap that they play on the radio, and that's where it ends. in terms of real hip-hop, the king of the south is t.i. ......west eazy e.....east biggie......... etc.. it doesnt change with each generation, moron....michael jackson will always be the king of pop, just like madonna will always be the queen of pop etc. it doesnt change to justin timberlake and britney spears when the new generation comes along. the king titles are forever. and only the great innovators of musical genres get to hold the title....dumbass 90s baby.
this

ChinBo37

• 'G'
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2012, 12:41:46 PM »
I want to edit it to add Lil Wayne and Outkast ... Is that possible?

And 8Ball and MJG, I thought about them but no. Them and 3 6 Mafia I purposely left them off. If you tell me how to edit polls I can add them both.

Sccit

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2012, 01:00:16 PM »
too late, cud

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2012, 01:05:22 PM »
Drake

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

ChinBo37

• 'G'
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2012, 02:03:58 PM »
I am surprised that no one voted for Luda.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2012, 02:10:24 PM »
SCARFACE ROUNDS THE SOUTH, MOTHERFUCKER YOU A PEON
THE UNDERAGED BITCH IN THE KELLY TAPES GETTIN PEE'D ON
COCK EYED MIDGET WITH A NAPOLEON COMPLEX
NICKELODEON FETISH YOU REPRESENT NONSENSE

Xzibit himself even says Scarface

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »
check out the recent j.cole show in charlotte.