Author Topic: Dr Dre diss records  (Read 1616 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Dr Dre diss records
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 06:19:01 PM »
in the end, Dre won. Look where he at all those that dissed him, dead on dead career. loool

dre is also a huge punchline to real rap fans who hate how he takes a decade to drop a CD

bouli77

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 06:30:46 PM »
in the end, Dre won. Look where he at all those that dissed him, dead on dead career. loool

just cause the person is dead doesn't mean Dre won. beef are about quality rap songs and penmanship. imo Eazy won the beef, he came with the most vicious track (dre day is a classic song but not a really efficient diss song and eazy came back 10x as hard) and in retrospect eazy's spikes were spot on whereas Dre only clowned Eazy with Snoop with no real wicked punchlines that hit home. not to mention the fact that Eazy made money off Dre dissing him and It's on Dr Dre 187um Killa outsold the Chronic (4 million vs 3 million)

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 07:11:33 PM »

just cause the person is dead doesn't mean Dre won. beef are about quality rap songs and penmanship. imo Eazy won the beef, he came with the most vicious track (dre day is a classic song but not a really efficient diss song and eazy came back 10x as hard) and in retrospect eazy's spikes were spot on whereas Dre only clowned Eazy with Snoop with no real wicked punchlines that hit home. not to mention the fact that Eazy made money off Dre dissing him and It's on Dr Dre 187um Killa outsold the Chronic (4 million vs 3 million)

Well, I wasn't trying to equate Easy's, Pac or whoever else is dead as loosing a beef on wax. It might've even insensitive to even put it that way. My apology if it did.
However, the dead career is valid, not necessarily win the beefs cause of it, but makes those disses weight nothing outside shock value and fans who took side.

Now as far as who win a diss record beef, logic would say the one who's affected by it lost, and the one who came out on top wins. it really doesn't matter who was more lyrical, or more offensive in a way. Although an offensive diss usually win. Take a look Either, Backdown or LL's "either" song too Canibis and more.
And by this, Dre Day won, it was more effective, Dre came out on top, sold more (1 mil with Dre day single alone).
After all a diss record is amo to a war, a battle and if your amo does not kill, or the amo that kills win. I know rap fans have a hard time grasping that cause they favor one over another, but it's clear how diss songs and wax beef always worked in hip hop. Of course behind the scene the real winner may not be the "diss winner", but in the public eyes it is as the battle is for the public eyes.

P.S. The Chronic outsold Easy E's. Don't use Wicki as source for the sales of those 2 albums.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:13:59 PM by PresidentUP »

bouli77

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 08:23:42 PM »
i don't think Dre came out on top, for a while it seemed like it but Eazy came back stronger. what Dre has and Eazy doesn't is the mainstream recognition to this day but as far as the beef goes, all in all, i'd say Eric won.

I don't use Wiki as a source, I use the RIAA website, the Chronic sold 3 mill, Eazy's EP did 4x plat. maybe they stropped counting for The Chronic though (like for other DR releases)

NewYork Pope

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 08:33:43 PM »
i don't think Dre came out on top, for a while it seemed like it but Eazy came back stronger. what Dre has and Eazy doesn't is the mainstream recognition to this day but as far as the beef goes, all in all, i'd say Eric won.

I don't use Wiki as a source, I use the RIAA website, the Chronic sold 3 mill, Eazy's EP did 4x plat. maybe they stropped counting for The Chronic though (like for other DR releases)
I respect your opinion of Easy winning, but i disagree.

RIAA does award plaques, but doesn't always keep up with actual sales in to match its award. they still awarding Bob Marley for sales status achieved years ago.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2012, 08:37:44 PM »

I just looked at the RIAA site, and I don't see anything saying that It's On went 4x platinum.

Cavvy

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2012, 08:44:03 PM »
How did Eazy come out on top?
Dre Day was far superior to anything Eazy cobbled together. Lets face it without his NWA partners Eazys solo career post eazy duz it was fairly mediocre. Eazy just wasnt built to hold down an album on his own, in NWA he could hold his own (thanks to Cubes writtens) but his proto horrocore verses sounded pretty hollow on their own
Dre and the Pound buried him

dnjp4life

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 03:43:11 AM »
J-Flexx "Who Been There, Who Done That"

This has always struck me as such a polite and reserved diss record.  It's so upbeat and almost positive sounding - much like Quik's 'Dollaz' diss towards Eiht.  It's almost as if J-Flexx is just reminding Dre on record that he owes him some money and is telling Dre to give him a bit more credit, with the intention of working with him in the future again.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 04:19:43 AM »
How did Eazy come out on top?
Dre Day was far superior to anything Eazy cobbled together. Lets face it without his NWA partners Eazys solo career post eazy duz it was fairly mediocre. Eazy just wasnt built to hold down an album on his own, in NWA he could hold his own (thanks to Cubes writtens) but his proto horrocore verses sounded pretty hollow on their own
Dre and the Pound buried him

2/3 of this very website voted Real MFin G's over Dre Day

and I personally feel Eazy E's best couple of songs as an artist were on str8 off the streetz.... like Creep N Crawl, Louie, old School shit, Sippin on a 40, Just 2 let u know etc.

The following users thanked this post: Teddy Loc

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 01:35:37 PM »

i bet the chronic sold more over the years.

true, though the Dre day video mocked eazy e and jerry very well.

anyway, the beef started when dre got jealous

I was the captain
Dre was my sidekick
everything was cool
till he wanted to get what I get
any other real G Eazy-Muthaphukkin-E
now claimin' you a G
how does it feel to be me

Proc pka KP

« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2021, 03:49:08 PM »
Who the fuck would diss Dre now other than drunk 50 or Game.

Teddy Loc

« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2021, 11:39:55 PM »
2/3 of this very website voted Real MFin G's over Dre Day

and I personally feel Eazy E's best couple of songs as an artist were on str8 off the streetz.... like Creep N Crawl, Louie, old School shit, Sippin on a 40, Just 2 let u know etc.

Creep N Crawl is dope track and favorite. Yes Siiiir.
#NoDoubt

thegooddoc

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2021, 08:09:58 PM »
Is there any artist that has been dissed on songs more than Dre?   

It seemed like everyone was jealous of him or tried to get some type of attention dissing him. 

Would be cool to put together a complete list of diss songs toward Dre.  Besides Eazy, I can't think of one beef that Dre has actually lost.  After dissing him, most rappers just disappeared or quickly apologized and tried to make music with him again. 

« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 09:51:53 PM by thegooddoc »