Author Topic: Why Didn't Daz Appear On Chronic 2001?  (Read 2077 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: Why Didn't Daz Appear On Chronic 2001?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 04:42:15 AM »
^
that sory is gettin kinda old at this point.
Daz did the drums on "rat tat tat"
and he did beats on "doggystyle", both confirmed ---> "aint no fun", & "serial killa"

Daz also produced the original lead single for "doggystyle" -- "Every single day", which was pulled

Quadruple OG

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 05:05:29 AM »
Hey Daz alot of fans want to know the real story about why you didn't appear on that album.

I know that asking for a real story from you is a longshot, but speak on it OG.  8)

1) I think he was still down with Death Row via Dogg Pound Records at that time

2) He took credit for work done on Doggystyle and The Chronic that Dre did

Damn, even Snoop Dogg said that Warren G and Daz didn't get credit for beats they did. How long are people still gonna defend Dr. Dre so blindly?

Not to defend Dre here, but put yourself in his shoes. It's 2000, and do you want to have someone on tour who's aligned with an enemy & who has publicly spoken against you about credit received on albums seven years ago?

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 09:35:02 AM »
Why did Daz try to kill himself? Because of his beef with Kurupt and Death Row?

either way or because his crack dealers cut him off
Remember when Daz said that he was going to enlist in the army?  Or when he claimed that Suge had kidnapped Kurupt?

ROFL he said Suge kidnapped Kurupt?  :D :D :D

Speak on it Daz.  8)
Yeah.  I remember it clearly.  It was around the time when Death Row had posted some clues on their website about a previous Death Row artist re-signing with them, which everyone figured out was Kurupt based on the song titles (some being Kurupt features off the 2002 album) that they used within the announcement.  Right aroud that time, Daz posted on DPG Recordz' site that Suge and kidnapped Kurupt and took him to New York and was claiming that him and the other DPG affiliates were going to fly out there to "rescue" him, more or less.

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 09:41:19 AM »

Remember when Daz said that he was going to enlist in the army?  Or when he claimed that Suge had kidnapped Kurupt?

Speak on it Daz.  8)
Yeah.  I remember it clearly.  It was around the time when Death Row had posted some clues on their website about a previous Death Row artist re-signing with them, which everyone figured out was Kurupt based on the song titles (some being Kurupt features off the 2002 album) that they used within the announcement.  Right aroud that time, Daz posted on DPG Recordz' site that Suge and kidnapped Kurupt and took him to New York and was claiming that him and the other DPG affiliates were going to fly out there to "rescue" him, more or less.
LOL

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 10:04:27 AM »
because dr dre was still butthurt

V2DHeart

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2012, 12:06:58 PM »
Because Daz brought in people, which lead to the bullying within the studio. Dr Dre hated the atmosphere and done all his work from home afterwards. Dre doing his Chronic 2001 didn't want Daz turning his studio into the same situation over at Tha row previously
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2012, 01:05:04 PM »
Because Daz brought in people, which lead to the bullying within the studio. Dr Dre hated the atmosphere and done all his work from home afterwards. Dre doing his Chronic 2001 didn't want Daz turning his studio into the same situation over at Tha row previously
But the bullying was more perpetuated by Suge and his crew more so than by anyone else or their crews.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »
Yo a lil off topic i know but man i really wished i was around when Daz used to post on whatever forum it was back in the day :laugh:

Man some of the shit that has been posted years after said by him is some of the funniest shit i've ever heard. Daz is funny as fuck when he's on 1.

Is there anywhere i can find some of those quotes?

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 03:37:43 PM »
I don't think so, those were all posts by Daz on the main page of DPG Recordz' site, which isn't up anymore.  But Daz did say a ton of funny stuff, like what I had mentioned earlier.  I don't know who's funnier, him or Suge.

awol22222

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 03:47:08 PM »

Speak on it Daz.  8)
LOL

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 05:32:24 PM »
Hey Daz alot of fans want to know the real story about why you didn't appear on that album.

I know that asking for a real story from you is a longshot, but speak on it OG.  8)

Wasn't that around the time he got surgery for Anal ripping? I'd be suicidal too if someone busted me open like that.

integra83

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 07:17:33 PM »
Haha i remember that when he said Kurupt was kidnapped, i also remember on the Gangsta Shit dvd kurupt was on there showing papers he had received from Death Row to re-sign but he wasn't having that.  I think the next day he was "kidnapped"

integra83

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2012, 07:19:14 PM »
Daz has taken some L's

I remember when he and 50 were going to form DPG-unit and 50 stated in an interview that he didn't know that he and Daz had a relationship lol

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2012, 09:06:49 PM »
Daz has taken some L's

I remember when he and 50 were going to form DPG-unit and 50 stated in an interview that he didn't know that he and Daz had a relationship lol

HAHAHAHA   do we have a link to that?

bouli77

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2012, 10:01:19 PM »
that was the interview that Nima did where he was asking 50 questions about Bad Azz and other lesser known west coast acts... Daz was all on 50's nuts at the times though, i remember his DPG Recordz website newsfeed where he would brag about seeing 50 at the house of blues and also his kurupt diss over In Da Club's beat, etc.