Author Topic: Why Didn't Daz Appear On Chronic 2001?  (Read 2078 times)

Blasphemy (A)

Re: Why Didn't Daz Appear On Chronic 2001?
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2012, 12:57:01 PM »
he visited didn't he?

even hittman who was on 2001 wasn't on the up in smoke tour properly was he?

I think Hittman only performed in West Coast. He was suppose to spend the rest of the time to finish his album.

Yeah, he made the right decision, that really paid off.  8)

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012, 01:43:29 PM »
he visited didn't he?

I think Hittman only performed in West Coast. He was suppose to spend the rest of the time to finish his album.

Yeah, he made the right decision, that really paid off.  8)

lol!!!!!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2012, 03:04:39 PM »
^
that sory is gettin kinda old at this point.
Daz did the drums on "rat tat tat"
and he did beats on "doggystyle", both confirmed ---> "aint no fun", & "serial killa"

Daz also produced the original lead single for "doggystyle" -- "Every single day", which was pulled

Warren G also took credit for Aint no fun beat (saying that Dre heard it and tweaked it "to the next level")

ill believe Warren G

jman91331

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2012, 07:35:26 PM »
From what I understand, Warren G brought Dre the sample & Dr. Dre did what he did with it to create Aunt No Fun.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2012, 09:17:46 PM »
I don't recall Warren G EVER trying to take credit for making any of Dre's beats. He rarely ever speaks on it but the few times he has he always says he brought Dre a sample...Daz flat out says he made the beats. And yes he wasn't on the tour cuz he was still on Death Row and beefing with Dre and Snoop at the time. Only reason he was ever allowed to breathe the same air as them at the time is cuz Kurupt was still holding his hand (btw, kudos to Daz for repaying that loyalty 2 years later lol)

Yes, he was. He talked about the tour in one of his old interviews and there's pictures of him from the tour.

He didn't make the cut for the DVD though apart from a passing glimpse in an extra from what I recall.

Yeah, the DVD left off too much performances. Westside Connection, Tha Eastsidaz, Warren G, Nate Dogg and even TQ performed songs on the tour.

Yeah real shit. That tour was huge. I remember all those acts you mentioned and Tha Alkoholiks all were on the tour but the dvd was just Cube, X, Em, Snoop/Dre.

This shit brings back memories. If you guys have the pics and shit mentioned please post them. Id like to see the one with Bad Azz and DOC.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 04:48:27 PM »
Well, Daz was signed to Dogg Pound/Death Row Records at that time. The Death Row and Dre/Aftermath beef was poppin' (with lawsuits, diss songs, etc). So even if Dre wanted Daz to be apart of that album, I don't think it would have went down at that time. I heard that Dre wanted Lady of Rage to be on Chronic 2001 also but, he didn't want any problems clearing her to appear on it. I think she was still signed to Death Row, at that time also.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2012, 02:48:28 AM »
Well, Daz was signed to Dogg Pound/Death Row Records at that time. The Death Row and Dre/Aftermath beef was poppin' (with lawsuits, diss songs, etc). So even if Dre wanted Daz to be apart of that album, I don't think it would have went down at that time. I heard that Dre wanted Lady of Rage to be on Chronic 2001 also but, he didn't want any problems clearing her to appear on it. I think she was still signed to Death Row, at that time also.
yeah lady of rage spoke on it in interviews, she thought it was due to death row

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2012, 09:48:15 AM »
yeah lady of rage spoke on it in interviews, she thought it was due to death row

Yep!

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2012, 12:45:54 PM »
rage was still on death row then??

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2012, 01:56:52 PM »
Yes if I recall, she was still signed to Death Row at that time. Dre did wanna deal with additional legal problems with Death Row. Death Row and Dre had legal issues about "The Chronic" title, because he was gonna call his album "Chronic 2000" while Death Row was gonna release their compilation "The Chronic 2000". It create some confuse for some fans. Even Dre changing the title to "Chronic 2001" wasn't good enough and that was the reason why when u see the front cover to Dre's album, it has the 'green leaf" and then "2001" next to it. So, it was still titled "Chronic 2001". That went down along with Dre threaten to sue Death Row if they released "The Chronic 2000" with those unreleased songs included because they didn't get Dre's permission to use them. Death Row remixed some of Dre's unreleased songs from "The Chronic" era without his permission.

papa-smurf

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2012, 03:14:03 PM »
It don't seem like re fuck with daz.it seem like dre fuck with kurupt but not daz.I remember when kurupt went back 2 death row & dr dre still shouted kurupt out & showed kurupt mad love. but he didn't shout daz out.