Author Topic: 2012 Version of "Revenge Letter To My Employer"  (Read 755 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
2012 Version of "Revenge Letter To My Employer"
« on: March 07, 2012, 02:31:09 PM »
I saw somebody upped my 2002 thread titled "Revenge Letter To My Employer" a couple weeks ago, and ironically I started a new job in the lab at a hospital recently and similar shit went down where I had to write a letter to the Human Resource department.  So maybe there's some deeper synchronicity going on in my life that it's now happened again ten years later and here I am posting a new letter at the forum.  So check it out....

Hi Tory how are you,

I just wanted to touch base with you since you were the one who hired me and since I enjoyed working with you during the hiring and orientation process.  I may not be going through the proper channels of communication by coming to you with this.  So you are welcome to just keep this message as an FYI to yourself for future hires, or you are also welcome to share it.  I wrote a similar e-mail to Megan, so she's been made aware of it, and since she's my immediate supervisor it can be left there if I am overstepping my boundaries by informing you.

My experience once I started in the lab was not good.  I quickly found out that the other new hires at my position had been fired.  Then soon after I ran into Stacey (who I went to class with) telling me it was hell down in the lab.  That there is an very high margin for error down there, that she felt like an idiot everyday, and that one of  the girls that worked down there (don't remember her name) had been making her life miserable.  This was my first introduction at the beginning of my first day.  Right away I was thinking to myself, "if the last few people she hired to do my job were fired, and Stacey says it's hell already, that doesn't bode well for me".

The environment up in the draw station was very unpleasant.  I was working with Jessica all day there.  And for much of the day her best friend Susan would come hang out in the draw station.  I really have no idea what Susan's job is at the hospital because all I ever saw her doing was lounging around and gossiping all day, and make trips with Jessica to go get coffee or snacks.

After hearing how bad Jessica and Susan would gossip about others, and the bad things they would say I didn't want to share any of my life with them.  But Jessica kept asking me a lot of questions about my life, so I felt that since I was spending all day with her I had to tell her stuff just to be sociable.   She kept asking about my son and my son's mom.  She asked me more and more about my son's mom and wanted to see pictures of my son's mom.  I told her up front that the divorce and relationship with her was a bad experience I was trying to move past.  But one time when Susan came into the lab, right away, with no introductions, no niceties, no "hi, how are you", she just blurted out to Susan, "Hey, Brian's baby mama is black, can you believe that, I never would of guessed from him, and they are divorced."  They weren't saying it as if it was something bad or anything like that, but regardless, it's just bad manners.  For me, when you walk into a room, you greet the people in that room, and slowly conversation may develop.

But Susan or even Jason would just come rushing through the draw station many times, without acknowledging me or just jumping into something with Jessica right away.  For Jason, I will say it was always work related, and that maybe he had so many things going on he wouldn't notice me.  But for Susan it was just bad manners and she'd just go right into gossiping with Jessica, and then stop briefly to tell me my technique was bad in my draws and so on.  She made me feel horrible.  Just by the way she would talk about others like Stacey it made me feel like I was walking on egg shells around her.  I felt like anytime my back was turned and I was drawing someone, that her and Jessica were behind me making eye contact and snickering.  Just being a new employee at that job, you have a high margin for error with all the paperwork and things you must learn, so already my confidence was going to be tested.  And it felt like Susan didn't like me and was trying to run me off or something, after dealing with her my confidence yesterday was ZERO, I was nervous, and my mind was going totally blank.

Megan came by the office at the beginning of the day yesterday to check on me, it was all in Jessica's presence.  She mentioned to me that Jessica and Susan were a very good teaching team and that she was friends with them.  It seemed everyone liked Jessica and Susan had been there for many many years.  Megan then told me to swing by her office later in the day and let her know how things were going.  I spent the first half of the day debating in my head whether or not I should tell Megan what I was really feeling.  I was feeling like I was the only one struggling there and that everyone else was experienced and confident in their work.

Susan came into the lab draw station to gossip with Jessica just after lunch; so I felt like that was a good time for me to go to see Megan so that I could get away from Susan.   I asked Jessica if it was okay for me to go attempt to see Megan, and she excused me. On my way to see Megan I found out that she was in an interview.  I was relieved when I ran into Stacey, and Stacey told me she had just had her own meeting with Megan, and that she'd been going through similar struggles.  I felt I wasn't alone and that my mind wasn't playing tricks on me.  I also found out that Susan had in fact been talking bad about me behind my back, making fun of me with that exact quote being that I was a "monkey fucking a football" in the lab.

But still I wasn't sure if talking to Megan about it would do much good.  Because if Megan acted on the problem correctly, it might have the unintended consequences of just making matters worse...

Case in point, Stacey already started recieving backlash from her meeting with Megan right away yesterday afternoon.  Jessica called  on the lab phone and called her a "rat" and that "I can't believe you would be the one to snitch".  So the rest of the day they were even worse to Jena at the work-site.   I felt going to Mary about anything would only get me labeled a "rat" and make things even worse for me.

To conclude, it's sad that it could of been just two people that caused me to loathe my experience there at the hospital.  Maybe even one, because I think I could of survived Jessica if Susan wasn't always around.   Maybe the other workers were okay, but from what Stacey had told me it's been a very toxic environment down in the lab for a long time.  And even the more supportive people down in the lab had warned her to "Trust No-one".

Thank you for reading- Brian
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:34:27 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Al Bundy

Re: 2012 Version of "Revenge Letter To My Employer"
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 03:01:18 PM »
i hope you get fired for being a pussy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 03:05:04 PM »

Actually, the higher ups are really scrambling to try to get me back, and apologizing for everything.   I'm not the type of nicca that ever counts on just one thing, one person, one job, or one anything.... So I got other shit going on besides just this job.  So maybe I will go back on a limited basis or maybe not.   But I have myself covered for shit like this.  

And when I saw it was mostly all white people I'd be working with on a daily basis, I knew something like this might go down.  So I'm not caught off-guard by it.  Black people know how to have a good time at work, and allow you more freedom at work.  While white people are more fake and there's hidden wars and battles always building beneath the surface.   Still sucks to go through this, but it's just temporary.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 03:08:28 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

The Troll

• Lil Geezy
  • Feed the troll
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 03:49:52 PM »

Actually, the higher ups are really scrambling to try to get me back, and apologizing for everything.   I'm not the type of nicca that ever counts on just one thing, one person, one job, or one anything.... So I got other shit going on besides just this job.  So maybe I will go back on a limited basis or maybe not.   But I have myself covered for shit like this.  

And when I saw it was mostly all white people I'd be working with on a daily basis, I knew something like this might go down.  So I'm not caught off-guard by it.  Black people know how to have a good time at work, and allow you more freedom at work.  While white people are more fake and there's hidden wars and battles always building beneath the surface.   Still sucks to go through this, but it's just temporary.

Hold on a second. Putting my trolling and this letter aside for a quick moment. Did I actually just see you say "nicca"?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 04:52:14 PM »

And when I saw it was mostly all white people I'd be working with on a daily basis, I knew something like this might go down.  So I'm not caught off-guard by it.  Black people know how to have a good time at work, and allow you more freedom at work.  While white people are more fake and there's hidden wars and battles always building beneath the surface.   Still sucks to go through this, but it's just temporary.

Hold on a second. Putting my trolling and this letter aside for a quick moment. Did I actually just see you say "nicca"?

Yep.  Sure did.  KRS-1 said it's okay for whites in hip-hop to say it.  And KRS is the Teacher.  Nough said.

The Troll

• Lil Geezy
  • Feed the troll
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 08:28:06 PM »
I'm at a complete loss for words. Carry on.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 08:41:30 PM »
You sound really high maintenance as an employee Brian.  You're a grown man, grow some balls and put these ladies in their place instead of snitching on people.

You admit you thought there was going to be problems before you even started the job, maybe you should take a step back and see that maybe you are the problem. 

Also, you come across extremely racist ironically enough.  "I knew working with white people, blah blah blah".  Do you forget that you're white?  Do you see that by saying that about white people you're saying that about yourself?  Or do you not consider yourself white?

You're letting some petty ass shit like a girl saying she's surprised that you have a black baby mom make you quit a job and shit?  Why do you let people control you like that? 

Your favorite posters favorite poster

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 09:09:47 PM »
God damn son, yousa bitch.  God damn son I'm at a loss of words, yousa bitch.  No wonder your ex doesn't let you see your son, she doesn't want him raised by two women.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 09:27:26 PM »
You sound really high maintenance as an employee Brian.  You're a grown man, grow some balls and put these ladies in their place instead of snitching on people.

You admit you thought there was going to be problems before you even started the job, maybe you should take a step back and see that maybe you are the problem. 

Also, you come across extremely racist ironically enough.  "I knew working with white people, blah blah blah".  Do you forget that you're white?  Do you see that by saying that about white people you're saying that about yourself?  Or do you not consider yourself white?

You're letting some petty ass shit like a girl saying she's surprised that you have a black baby mom make you quit a job and shit?  Why do you let people control you like that? 

I never subscribed to the "grow some balls" theory.  That doesn't account for shit in a situation like this.  I am working in a health care, mostly around women.  It's not like I'm a professional boxer.  I am 100% non-confrontational at work.  Call me a pussy for that if you want, but I know from experience what works and what doesn't.  In my younger days I did try to take the tough guy approach and it always made things worse.  If I have to fight and argue and play hardball with people all day then that's nothing but stress.  I'd rather just find another gig.

Now, I have a few different jobs, none of which is full-time.  In health-care I work for an agency and also as a fill-in guy when they don't have enough staff, which happens all the time in health-care.  So with that set-up, it's like everything is in my favor.  If I don't like things where I'm at then I just turn to one of my other gigs, or cut back days.   But I don't believe life should be an everyday battle to put my foot down and demand respect.  I try to engage in mutually beneficial relationships.   

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 09:34:07 PM »
God damn son, yousa bitch.  God damn son I'm at a loss of words, yousa bitch.  No wonder your ex doesn't let you see your son, she doesn't want him raised by two women.

First off, the whole dead beat father thing is a lie.  

Second of all, writing is how I express myself best.  When I'm at work it's too much stress for me to be trying to perform my job and fight battles with staff at the same time.  Because when it comes down to it, I'm not that great at my job to begin with and I don't love my job.  I'm just there to make money, and there are some other intangibles like it helps build character taking care of people, but for the most part I am there for the money.  And I am there because it's a job I don't have to act like a tough guy all day and can just go to work.  

So if I was really great at my job and passionate about it and confident and so on, then yeah, I would throw my wieght around at work a lot more.  But I got to play the card I am dealt.  And for my situation that shit won't get me very far.  The best thing for me to do is just come and do my work, get paid, and then leave.  Make things as simple as possible, because my mind and life is focused on much bigger things going on outside of work.

I had basically already decided to quit the job.  So at that point I at least wanted to explain myself to the people that hired me, so that they could know why I quit.  But it turned out now they are apologizing and begging me to come back.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:35:52 PM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »

Smokin Briccz

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »
ROFL this guy can't be serious.

Cool snitching bro.

blcxm

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 02:32:23 AM »
your work is like a monkey fucking a football.

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2012, 03:14:04 AM »
   But I don't believe life should be an everyday battle to put my foot down and demand respect. 

but it is . when you´re working, when you go to a club, a meeting , whatever , people are always measuring you to see how they can have things their way  . standing straight demanding respect is the thing you have to do always or people try to take advantage of you .

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 06:06:15 AM »

I never subscribed to the "grow some balls" theory.  That doesn't account for shit in a situation like this.  I am working in a health care, mostly around women.  It's not like I'm a professional boxer.  I am 100% non-confrontational at work.  Call me a pussy for that if you want, but I know from experience what works and what doesn't.  In my younger days I did try to take the tough guy approach and it always made things worse.  If I have to fight and argue and play hardball with people all day then that's nothing but stress.  I'd rather just find another gig.

Now, I have a few different jobs, none of which is full-time.  In health-care I work for an agency and also as a fill-in guy when they don't have enough staff, which happens all the time in health-care.  So with that set-up, it's like everything is in my favor.  If I don't like things where I'm at then I just turn to one of my other gigs, or cut back days.   But I don't believe life should be an everyday battle to put my foot down and demand respect.  I try to engage in mutually beneficial relationships.   

I don't mean you have to flex on them Brian, but you're obviously carrying yourself in a way that makes you susceptible to getting this type of treatment.

If people think they can get away with punking you because you're a pushover they are going to do that.

But even past that, why do you let some little hoes bullshit comments dictate what you do? You're giving them more power than they're worth.

It's good to try and be peaceful an all that, everybody should, but it's a fine line between being peaceful and being a pushover who no one respects. You're gonna deal with adenoids for the rest of your life, accept it.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2012, 09:05:49 AM »
  But I don't believe life should be an everyday battle to put my foot down and demand respect.  

but it is . when you´re working, when you go to a club, a meeting , whatever , people are always measuring you to see how they can have things their way  . standing straight demanding respect is the thing you have to do always or people try to take advantage of you .

That's a very grim world-view.  That's a view that depicts social life as a zero-sum game.  That in every interaction for someone to win someone else has to lose.  That you either take advantage of someone else or they take advantage of you.  Like Wesley Snipes says in White Men Can't Jump - "You either smoke, or you get smoked!"  I don't believe in that.  I believe in mutually beneficial relationships.   They get something out of you and you get something out of them, likewise.  

Like in the workplace.  They will respect me because I'm providing a service for them, and in return I will respect them because they are providing me with money.

Or an even simpler analogy.  You have a watch you don't care for much anymore because your wife bought you a better watch.  I don't have any watch at all, but I have $20 dollars to spare.  I would rather have the watch than the $20 and you would rather have the $20 dollars than the watch.  So we interact and do business with each other, and each side benefits from the exchange.  
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:07:56 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »